Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

Someone in my league had Hradecky and Spinazzola on the bench in the first round, laughed at them at the time and they were almost bottom of the league at the end of the round.

But then it turned out they hadn't made any manual subs, somehow their picked GK didn't play and they had Denayer, so then those two were autosubbed on and they had the last laugh and ended up with more points than me :wenger:

So there is still hope @Solius but only if you don't make any manual subs...

Someone in my league had Hradecky and Spinazzola on the bench in the first round, laughed at them at the time and they were almost bottom of the league at the end of the round.

But then it turned out they hadn't made any manual subs, somehow their picked GK didn't play and they had Denayer, so then those two were autosubbed on and they had the last laugh and ended up with more points than me :wenger:

So there is still hope @Solius but only if you don't make any manual subs...

I tried to make a manual sub earlier but Locatelli is greyed out for me.

Yarmolenko captain. Not really feeling it, but want a punt. If he scores from outside the box it could be 9 points which is a nice haul.
I think Lukaku gets 6 today which is not enough.

Zinchencho cap not bad, but I don't like going for defenders. Much more fun being happy over goals.

Yarmolenko captain. Not really feeling it, but want a punt. If he scores from outside the box it could be 9 points which is a nice haul.

Zinchencho cap not bad, but I don't like going for defenders. Much more fun being happy over goals.
Captaincy is my big question.

Got Bale in the bag, 9 (18) but Yarma today then Kane then Mbappe??

Captaincy is my big question.

Got Bale in the bag, 9 (18) but Yarma today then Kane then Mbappe??

I would stick 9 is good. Then again if you want to win the caf league or overall rank you might need more I guess. Some guy near the top had Meunier cap etc.

If one of your guys explode with a hattrick it will be annoying to miss it, but it still probably is good for your rank that you get all those points even without the double.

Like I missed Neymars 19 point haul in CL, but still got a green arrow with Mbappe cap with 14. Thus for me 10 points lost over lots of people, but I gained ground with other picks.
Point is if you miss the best captain with 5 points it is not the end of the world I think.

Of course if someone gets 20 points or something missing that really suck, but it is rare. Bale though could have been a guy with such haul.

Last edited:
I would stick 9 is good. Then again if you want to win the caf league or overall rank you might need more I guess. Some guy near the top had Meunier cap etc.

If one of your guys explode with a hattrick it will be annoying to miss it, but it still probably is good for your rank that you get all those points even without the double.

Like I missed Neymars 19 point haul in CL, but still got a green arrow with Mbappe cap with 14. Thus for me 10 points lost over lots of people, but I gained ground with other picks.
Point is if you miss the best captain with 5 points it is not the end of the world I think.

Of course if someone gets 20 points or something missing that really suck.
Decisions, decisions?

Just look at their respective opponents though? Not great?

Feck it, gamble. As long as one scores, worse case is I lose 9 and gain 6ish

One thing I’m unsure on as I haven’t tried it yet, but can you manually sub a player on, and then recaptain to that player?

I kept Mbappe on, even though he’s one of the last of the games in the MD because wasn’t sure if I’d be able to bring him off the bench and captain him (if Lukaku fails me).

One thing I’m unsure on as I haven’t tried it yet, but can you manually sub a player on, and then recaptain to that player?

I kept Mbappe on, even though he’s one of the last of the games in the MD because wasn’t sure if I’d be able to bring him off the bench and captain him (if Lukaku fails me).

Yes, you'll be able to bring Mbappe off the bench and captain him, provided you do so before the deadline on the day in which Mbappe plays, of course.

Yarmo :drool:

4/4 returns so far. At this rate I might run out of players to sub off with Hernandez, Griezmann and Mbappe patiently waiting on the bench :nervous:

I'm Yarmo cap today and very happy already - looks like won't be twisting the armband anymore this week, unless he does something stupid now. Only 2% ownership too

I'm Yarmo cap today and very happy already - looks like won't be twisting the armband anymore this week, unless he does something stupid now. Only 2% ownership too
2% ownership but it seems 100% ownership here! Have him captain too, one more return please then I won't be tempted to twist.

2% ownership but it seems 100% ownership here! Have him captain too, one more return please then I won't be tempted to twist.
I’m second in the Caf league and indeed everyone seems to have him but the only lad above me went Zinchenko C, so here’s some differential, even if there’s still two more days with great fixtures. Now praying Lukaku doesn’t run riot tonight, punted at Dzyuba instead and only got 5 points.

I’m second in the Caf league and indeed everyone seems to have him but the only lad above me went Zinchenko C, so here’s some differential, even if there’s still two more days with great fixtures. Now praying Lukaku doesn’t run riot tonight, punted at Dzyuba instead and only got 5 points.

You know you could’ve changed armband to Lukaku before the deadline today?

Probably. It's the standard response from my daughter when I send her a jokey WhatsApp

Good lad Yarmalenko.

I had to put it in quotations, as i think this site blocks it otherwise!

I'm on the old limitless, so glad I put him in too.

Annoyed he'd done his work in the first half when I wasn't even vaguely watching though.
Wonder if he'd have been on this pen too.

You know you could’ve changed armband to Lukaku before the deadline today?
Sure mate but I’m on limitless and punted on going without Lukaku with Dzyuba instead, Yarmo was my captain plan for today.

btw quite insane stat - 4 out of 5 penalties at euros missed so far.

Sure mate but I’m on limitless and punted on going without Lukaku with Dzyuba instead, Yarmo was my captain plan for today.

btw quite insane stat - 4 out of 5 penalties at euros missed so far.

Yeah I am going for pen takers haha. Not a great strategy so far.

Yeah I am going for pen takers haha. Not a great strategy so far.
When I saw Bale missed yesterday I was quite pissed and then I checked to see he actually won that pen too and it ended up being net 0 points - funny change compared to fpl where you don’t get penalty assist points if it ain’t converted, not sure which one is more fair but I guess a pen is only worth something if it’s a goal so probably I like FPL style better. And FPL doesn’t penalize players that caused a pen, which I enjoy too.

Zinchencho is useless in attack. One reason I picked him was thinking he was second on pens too.

Like in FPL he was pretty useless as well for City even when playing.

I think avoiding City players is the trick. They are worse without Pep coaching them and so far most of them been pretty poor apart from Sterling.

I got Sterling though so that will be 1 point from the bench I guess or 3 points if lucky.

Messed up leaving Courtois in when I meant to switch to Steklenberg and Mertens has gone off as well with Kjaer conceding, aim is now not to finish last

Typical with Belgium. I go for nailed on picks and it give me nothing. KDB as the guy I wanted, but not picking since he likely do not start.

Lukaku probably man of the match with nothing.

Typical I got Wijnaldum and Lukaku. Depay and KDB doing better as a duo from the same teams.

If KDB was not a doubt I would have gone for the second I think since KDB is far above Wijnaldum and Lukaku vs Depay is similar level.

Trying to spread out your picks is maybe not ideal though. Just feel it is more fun to have players in most games when watching.

Last edited:
Alaba not looking a genius pick. Out of position the wrong way.

Easy sub out tomorrow though.