Erik ten Hag vs Sancho | Sancho back in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I don't see the problem with this if he isn't included in the matchday squad. He shouldn't do it during the match, but if he does before it while he waits for the match to start I see nothing wrong with it.
He's supposed to be a senior player and an elite athlete, at least that's what we're paying him £300k a week for. The fact he's not injured and is instead playing video games whilst his teammates are preparing for a match, is a really bad look, and further emphasises how unprofessional he is.

He should be working his arse off to get back into the team, but seemingly he doesn't care.

He's supposed to be a senior player and an elite athlete, at least that's what we're paying him £300k a week for. The fact he's not injured and is instead playing video games whilst his teammates are preparing for a match, is a really bad look, and further emphasises how unprofessional he is.

He should be working his arse off to get back into the team, but seemingly he doesn't care.
He could easily have spend ten hours at the training complex before starting that, which would be exactly what you demand. I doubt he did, but a round of video gaming to relax doesn’t hurt.

What footballer is training in the evening (most likely already done in the day), when the club is playing a fixture while he's omitted from the first team ? This is the issue when the media and fans vilify a player.

He could easily have spend ten hours at the training complex before starting that, which would be exactly what you demand. I doubt he did, but a round of video gaming to relax doesn’t hurt.
Yep.

I'd say there's a fair chance that he is being a lazy bastard sitting around not working hard at all, but him playing a game an hour before our match isn't any kind of proof of that at all. Nothing wrong with that.

If he's doing it during the match though, that's another story.

I honestly don't mind if he wants to be an eSports player for us. Chase the dream Sanch.

We'd have to deduct about 300k of his weekly salary though.

A sale would be sensible, it will be correcting a transfer mistake by us and we can use the money elsewhere (cb). Sensible move if we can get him shifted on, back to Dortmund would be ideal for him. An expensive Zaha nonetheless..

The really tragic thing about it is he's playing drop ins. Doesnt even have any mates to play clubs with.

He's enjoying his time at home on PS5 while we get humiliated every game, and still get paid giga salary per week. Not sure why he should feel bad about it. Best job ever.
Honestly, can you just start supporting a different team? You're painful.

He's enjoying his time at home on PS5 while we get humiliated every game, and still get paid giga salary per week. Not sure why he should feel bad about it. Best job ever.

Yeah it’s much better than playing for United in the champions league against Bayern. You know, the job he’s actually paid to do.

Honestly, can you just start supporting a different team? You're painful.

You have to wonder what the lives are like of people who spend so much time on here simply to be negative and talk shit about the club they supposedly support. Just read a book or something, surely better things to do.

You have to wonder what the lives are like of people who spend so much time on here simply to be negative and talk shit about the club they supposedly support. Just read a book or something, surely better things to do.
So I take you have never said anything remotely negative about the way the club is run or the manager or tactics on this forum?

The moral high horse that some of the posters climb on is ridiculous. As if being a supporter means sitting and clapping and cheering like a programmed robot all day.

So I take you have never said anything remotely negative about the way the club is run or the manager or tactics on this forum?

The moral high horse that some of the posters climb on is ridiculous. As if being a supporter means sitting and clapping and cheering like a programmed robot all day.

Why would you take that? Where have I claimed to be super positive always? I'm balanced, some on here are anything but, its endless negativity.

@el3mel literally only complains, and does it in every thread he possibly can, for years now. I'm on the horse of not being a complete miserable cnut.

Just like what I told the poster above, what I do in my life is clearly none of your business. The difference between me and manager cultists is that I silently put people I don't like their posts on the ignore list and move on, while you and others want to shut up anyone who doesn't share the same opinion and turn the forum into a mindless delusion to suit your agenda.

Yeah, that's how I see it. I've never seen his contract but I doubt it says anything about playing video games while suspended but it's just the sort of situation that looks really bad.

Like in the real world if you break an arm or something and you can't work but you get seen down the pub a lot haha!

He really seems to lack any self awareness or has mentally 'checked out' of the club now because seemingly every move he makes is in a vacuum of advice. Whoever is managing his image or whatever needs to give their fee back!

What the feck is wrong with this kid?

He has little to no competition for that right forward position at the moment. Suck it up, go and apologies and work the fecking hardest you have every worked to get back in the team. Show some character and think about what a boost that could give the team right now.

This one will never be anything to remember. Sad when they have the talent but not the mindset.

What the feck is wrong with this kid?

He has little to no competition for that right forward position at the moment. Suck it up, go and apologies and work the fecking hardest you have every worked to get back in the team. Show some character and think about what a boost that could give the team right now.
I read the Solskjaer interview and heard Mitten speak more about it on the Athletic podcast yesterday. He said that the scouting team and Solskjaer identified Sancho as the best RW option available on the market, and then when they signed him he said he preferred to play LW, not RW. So we were in a position straight from the off where he had no interest in seeing where he could fit in the team and was more interested in how the team was going to work around him.

I read the Solskjaer interview and heard Mitten speak more about it on the Athletic podcast yesterday. He said that the scouting team and Solskjaer identified Sancho as the best RW option available on the market, and then when they signed him he said he preferred to play LW, not RW. So we were in a position straight from the off where he had no interest in seeing where he could fit in the team and was more interested in how the team was going to work around him.

This is beyond farce. Not only do you find out where he wants to play before signing, but once he has signed, he damn well does what he’s told for that kind of money.

This is beyond farce. Not only do you find out where he wants to play before signing, but once he has signed, he damn well does what he’s told for that kind of money.
Exactly, RW or nothing, and he's chosen nothing:

Did you want to sign Sancho and how do you think he’s done?
Yes, I wanted to sign him. Manchester United will never sign a player the manager doesn’t want. That’s not the case everywhere. Jadon was put up as the No 1 target for the right wing by the scouts and when you look at his talent, I could see why.

Unfortunately, it has not worked out. When he arrived, he had to go to hospital and that was a setback as he couldn’t start the first games. He’s immensely talented and we haven’t seen the best of him. I hope we do, but he prefers to play left wing… where Marcus plays.

Can this be spun positively?

People have been saying for years that Jadon lacks character and that he is soft. With his stubborn refusal to apologize, he is demonstrating grit, pride, fortitude, determination, conviction and the ability to get stuck in. He just needs to work on applying these traits on the pitch and then you have a world beater on your hands.

Always knew he had it in him! Things are looking up. With those traits, the captain's armband beckons.

And he did play on the RW, didn't he? Doesn't mean that he has to be happy about it.

Not sure what Sancho was trying to achieve. All he's done is confirm that the manager is right and he's got attitude problems. having mental health struggles isn't an excuse either, there are many people in society with mental health struggles who can get it together for their job, but a pampered footballer can't. He has access to the best in care and attention whilst some people don't have access to anything. He has a massive ego and I imagine his career with go down the gutter. Signed on loan by a big club, and signed by another big-ish club, they try and get rid of him due to attitude problems and eventually, he's in Turkey doing an interview about his struggles.

Not sure what Sancho was trying to achieve. All he's done is confirm that the manager is right and he's got attitude problems. having mental health struggles isn't an excuse either, there are many people in society with mental health struggles who can get it together for their job, but a pampered footballer can't. He has access to the best in care and attention whilst some people don't have access to anything. He has a massive ego and I imagine his career with go down the gutter. Signed on loan by a big club, and signed by another big-ish club, they try and get rid of him due to attitude problems and eventually, he's in Turkey doing an interview about his struggles.
There’s a fine line to read when talking about mental health and I’m not sure this is fair, simply because we don’t really know what he’s been struggling with. There might be no mental health issues there at all and he’s simply happy with being a millionaire now and it’s simply a case of egg on the club’s face for not knowing his personality. However, he may well have some serious issues that can’t ever be ‘fixed’ and whilst I think the club has clearly, until ETH called him out, treated him very well - the reality is this is a performance based job with extreme competition for places and intense pressure, he should be our No1 priority to sell now both for the club’s sake and his.

Reactions: Fortitude
And he did play on the RW, didn't he? Doesn't mean that he has to be happy about it.

He is clearly neither playing on the right-wing nor maintaining even the thinnest veneer of the professionalism expected of hard-working people who earn 15 times less in a year than what he grosses each week.

There’s a fine line to read when talking about mental health and I’m not sure this is fair, simply because we don’t really know what he’s been struggling with. There might be no mental health issues there at all and he’s simply happy with being a millionaire now and it’s simply a case of egg on the club’s face for not knowing his personality. However, he may well have some serious issues that can’t ever be ‘fixed’ and whilst I think the club has clearly, until ETH called him out, treated him very well - the reality is this is a performance based job with extreme competition for places and intense pressure, he should be our No1 priority to sell now both for the club’s sake and his.
If Sancho can’t do the bare minimum because of his mental health issues then he should quit. Again, there are people out there with severe issues that manage to function in their own ways but Sancho seems to be a brat from the outside. Everyone of his age claims to have MH issues and a lot of people use it to justify being a shit.
I do hope he’s ok buf as I said before, he’s got access to the best of the best treatment amd advice, it doesn’t look like he’s taking heed.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Well he seems to think he's a scapegoat, despite there being no evidence to suggest that, which suggests his mental health problems revolve around having his performances scrutinised on social media, and due to that he's taking out on the manager because he believes he's setting him up to fail. We can call it mental health but the reality is he just doesn't have the correct attitude to succeed at a team like United.

After watching him a decentish amount at Dortmund, this is the one transfer that really disappoints me the most. I had justifiably high hopes for Sancho, and thought we’d have our right midfield sorted. He was electric at Dortmund.

Cack here.

Situation is farcical now , ETH would not confirm at today's press conference if Sancho will ever play for Utd again , up to the player he said. Not in squad tomorrow or foreseeable future.

What a waste of money.

I think he's the perfect example why you should never pay obscene wages to young players. A good base wage with added bonuses and a promise of a future pay rise if and when proven. As it stands, his career at United is worse than that of Daniel James, and that is not taking into account the money spent on the player or his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.