Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

NLunited

Guy has the most inexplicable level of juice I’ve ever seen. Fantasies of him walking out and being successful elsewhere when the reality is he finished 8th with United. A struggle 6th with Southgate would be an improvement.
  • lowest league position since 1989-90.
  • lost nine games at Old Trafford this term - their joint-most at home in a season.
  • conceded a club-record 58 goals in a Premier League season.
  • ended a league campaign with a negative goal difference for the first time since 1989-90
You forgot a couple points.

• suffered the most injuries
  • beat Pool and Cheaty to win FA cup in style
  • has the players and fans behind him

AneRu

You forgot a couple points.

• suffered the most injuries
  • beat Pool and Cheaty to win FA cup in style
  • has the players and fans behind him
Add in a couple more
  1. Presided over the worst CL campaign by a United manager ever, arguably worst by an English side
  2. Knew how to tighten up the defense and plug out the leaks but refused to the extent of doing irreparable damage to our season.

Wilt

Jonny Evans, Bruno, Luke Shaw, Licha…
As most of the players couldn’t be arsed to play for him last season ….they’re hardly likely to play for him now he’s been completely undermined by INEOS.

DSG

I think he seems the type to want to prove people wrong. The fact that most match going fans are still behind him, he feels the love and support in the stadium, which is probably important to him.

It is clear he does not give 2 craps about the English media, so it would be very very sweet for him to win something big at United.

It would be good to see him succeed and finish of what he started.
That’s all well and good, but there’s a damn good chance that he is incapable of succeeding at this level. Given our performances and results this last season, I have no faith that he’ll come good.

Grande

That’s all well and good, but there’s a damn good chance that he is incapable of succeeding at this level. Given our performances and results this last season, I have no faith that he’ll come good.
Luckily, he won’t need our faith. He’ll need the faith of Asworth et al., and they won’t give it to him unless they have very good reasons to.

Overhaul FC

You go get your palace Erik.

I hope he backs them into getting a contract extension. Erik's got Fergie level stubbornness and resolve. He's the big chip bully right now.

George The Best

I voted for EtH to be sacked, and would still prefer that. However, with Tuchel and Poch seemingly out of the running, I think he stays due to the lack of quality alternatives. How INEOS sell that, after this protracted review, will be interesting to say the least.

padzilla

Hipster
I have no qualms with us replacing Ten Hag as long as we replace him with somebody who is an upgrade and not the likes of Southgate.

berbasloth4

biggest load crap. Ten Haag has been on holiday not a hope in hell he has told any journalist anything. The media a constantly post about United and posting contradictory piece they haven’t a clue. Stop paying attention to them. Anything worth knowing we will get told

Zoo

New contract will probably take away his veto clause. Allow him to focus on just being the coach. Let’s go!

quadrant

Happy enough with that. Big call though, always easier to sack someone. Let’s hope they’re proven right.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Teased Southgate to make this more appealing :lol:

I was ok either way. There’s been some really alarming things this season but I’m alright with this given the real lack of options out there. He needs to get us playing well fast though or he’s gone.

United Hobbit

Disappointed. The FA cup final doesn't paper over an absolutely awful season with crap football

Thought Ineos wanted to show ambition

The only positive is it's not Southgate

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think the FA Cup and a really underwhelming managerial market has saved him. He'll need to seriously buck his ideas up if he still wants to be here by Christmas. I'm not sure how to feel, I'm not devastated but I'm still very nervous.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
In case a change in the dugout was to be made, United had sounded out potential replacements including ex-Bayern Munich boss Thomas Tuchel, former Brighton & Hove Albion head coach Roberto De Zerbi, recently departed Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino, Brentford head coach Thomas Frank and Ipswich Town manager Kieran McKenna.
No mention of Southgate from Ornstein.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Let's crack on with the summer. Your job now is to get behind the manager. Or something someone said once.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
This club is so fecked, INEOS are Glazers Mark II. feck right off.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Shambolic but inevitable after the Tuchel news.

Lets just hope we can do better than last season. Pretty impossible to do worse.

Don't hold much faith in INEOS going forward.