Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Quality control
He just wants to be miserable about Manchester United until Ten Hag is sacked.

By no stretch of the imagination is Bayindir in goal, a centre-back pairing of Maguire and Evans, Collyer at left-back, a midfield containing Casemiro and Eriksen, and an attack starting with Antony on the right and Rashford as the centre-forward our "full-strength" team.

He's also outright denying that he called a 7-0 win "incredibly predictable", even though it's right there for everyone to see.
:lol: Except I did none of this

He just wants to be miserable about Manchester United until Ten Hag is sacked.

By no stretch of the imagination is Bayindir in goal, a centre-back pairing of Maguire and Evans, Collyer at left-back, a midfield containing Casemiro and Eriksen, and an attack starting with Antony on the right and Rashford as the centre-forward our "full-strength" team.

He's also outright denying that he called a 7-0 win "incredibly predictable", even though it's right there for everyone to see.
All you can do is call it out when you see it, I'm awaiting a response from another poster about Zirkzee, apparently he passes the but doesn't run forward afterwards

No you're right, I'm not sure how a combined defence worth £135m could possible have held their own against the mighty Barnsley :lol:
You have a hard-on against ETH that seems to remove a lot of common sense from your brain, I'm not the only that appear to think the same, the team that started last night was not a full strngth team or even close to it

Let's just say Sir Jim and company aren't much more forgiving and patient than say whst just happened in Italy.....this to a club legend

AS Roma have sacked head coach Daniele De Rossi after the club went winless in their first four league matches of the season, the Serie A side said on Wednesday.

You have a hard-on against ETH that seems to remove a lot of common sense from your brain, I'm not the only that appear to think the same, the team that started last night was not a full strngth team or even close to it

Some fans dont know the difference cost and quality.

They will always find a way to move the goal post.

They will say Ten Hag doesn't rotate, always plays his strongest 11.. when he does like you mentioned changed the back 4, they will then change the goal post to no, I mean cost of the defence. In their heads Antony and Maguire would be in the strongest 11 because they cost the most.

Nope, you’re wrong unfortunately. I’m under the impression seasoned Premier League players and Champions League winners can easily perform against lower half of the League One teams, but maybe my expectations are all out of whack.

Yes, the "win" - was - "predictable". I'm not sure why that statement is blowing your mind. Find the quote where I said "winning 7-0" was a predictable result and I hated it.

I know you're struggling with this for some reason, but some of us expect Manchester United to beat League One teams convincingly. Maybe it's the 26 years of unadulterated success? Maybe my expectations for the biggest club in the world are skewed?

Seeing as you're picking and choosing to quote me without actually reading what I've posted in between, you can read my previous quote also:

Because we won 7-0, and there's nothing "incredibly predictable" about that sort of scoreline, even if you do want to try and make out that all you meant was that we'd beat Barnsley.

You literally chose to follow our biggest win in years with another doom-post about our upcoming fixtures.

As I said, take a day off.

Because we won 7-0, and there's nothing "incredibly predictable" about that sort of scoreline, even if you do want to try and make out that all you meant was that we'd beat Barnsley.

You literally chose to follow our biggest win in years with another doom-post about our upcoming fixtures.

As I said, take a day off.
Again, mentioning the score line even though I haven’t mentioned it once. No point in carrying this conversation on, you’re desperate for this to be something it’s not to appease some predefined narrative you’ve made up.

Who said anything about expecting us to win 7-0? I said I expected us to win by a margin, as in a scoreline like 3-0. We were clinical but Barnsley gave us time and space in their entire half. The result wasn't expected, but the beating a League One team convincingly isn't a surprise folks.

Honestly after about 30 minutes I fully expected it to get ugly yesterday. They clearly didn't give a feck about fully parking the bus and minimizing the damage, and even the worst versions of our sides have traditionally feasted on that. 7-0 vs 4 or 5 is sort of down to just finishing luck but after I realized they didn't come to OT to shut up shop and play for a gritty 1-0 it was always going to be a measure of how clinical we were going to be because the chances were gonna keep coming.

Arguing with another member
It's basically your entire post history for the last season and a half.
Yeah my posts about the way we play seem to have a direct correlation to the way we play and how often we lose games we should be winning. I’ll reflect on that and get back to you with a root cause once I work it out.

Honestly after about 30 minutes I fully expected it to get ugly yesterday. They clearly didn't give a feck about fully parking the bus and minimizing the damage, and even the worst versions of our sides have traditionally feasted on that. 7-0 vs 4 or 5 is sort of down to just finishing luck but after I realized they didn't come to OT to shut up shop and play for a gritty 1-0 it was always going to be a measure of how clinical we were going to be because the chances were gonna keep coming.
It looked that way didn’t it? The game was dead by half time but they didn’t seem to learn from any of their mistakes and couldn’t get near us at all, we looked to score every time we went forward. It was nice that the likes of Rashford found his shooting boots yesterday, he probably scored the goal of the game, but again, the opposition allowed a lot of it to happen. You can only beat what’s in front of you though.

It looked that way didn’t it? The game was dead by half time but they didn’t seem to learn from any of their mistakes and couldn’t get near us at all, we looked to score every time we went forward. It was nice that the likes of Rashford found his shooting boots yesterday, he probably scored the goal of the game, but again, the opposition allowed a lot of it to happen. You can only beat what’s in front of you though.

Yeah was sort of a gift to us because I think the forwards will be lifted from the confidence boost of getting to bang a bunch of chances in and work together. We've seen other shit lower league sides come in and frustrate the game and make you just want it to be over but Barnesly and their manager were happy to try and go toe to toe and accept whatever the scoreline would be.

Nope, you’re wrong unfortunately. I’m under the impression seasoned Premier League players and Champions League winners can easily perform against lower half of the League One teams, but maybe my expectations are all out of whack.
Changing the goalposts again, you claimed it was a full strength team which it patently was not, most United fans would have expected to win the game, even if we'd played half the youth team

Last edited:
Again, mentioning the score line even though I haven’t mentioned it once. No point in carrying this conversation on, you’re desperate for this to be something it’s not to appease some predefined narrative you’ve made up.

The scoreline is part of the result and performance that you described as "incredibly predictable".

The scoreline is part of the result and performance that you described as "incredibly predictable".
I do find it funny he cited the win as entirely predictable and later claimed he was isolating the result from the scoreline.

You know everyone can read what you write yeah? So when you constantly change the goal posts, change your claims, strawman people etc, it’s all there in black and white.
I said it was a low amount, somewhat erroneously, the posters I was responding to claimed we conceded a large amount of goals. That is not the case and that is what I pointed out.

In truth we conceded less than the four teams above us, while playing attacking football and with devastating injuries to our backline.

Yes, the "win" - was - "predictable". I'm not sure why that statement is blowing your mind. Find the quote where I said "winning 7-0" was a predictable result and I hated it.
Please stop yourself.. You were the first one in here after the FA Cup to post that it shouldnt change anything (Which by the way is true).. but if thats the first you can write after a FA Cup victory, then dont come crying when people wonder if you were happy or sad about yesterdays game..

And btw If you didnt expected us to win 7-0, the win was not incredibly predictable..

I've been ETH out for a very long time now but it doesn't make me not appreciate last night's result for what it is. We scored 10 goals in 2 games, 2 clean sheets no matter the opposition, that's something to really cherish.

I know it was only Southampton and Barnsley but 10 goals in two games was good. When was the last time that happened?

A win vs Palace and Spurs and we have kick started the season. I just hope there's a period of calm, get points on the board and a weight is lifted off everyone's shoulders. Rashford should have confidence now.

Let's have faith, a long way to go but things could work out!

I think we'll struggle this season as well, but mostly due to having a squad in development. I also still have faith in Ten Hag and think he should be kept.
We have several positions where we are an injury away from having a massive drop in quality, and unless our luck changes massively on injuries, I expect this to hold us away from Champions League football next season. The squad is developing in the right direction, and the attitudes Ten Hag is instilling in our very young squad will be good for the players.

Get wanting a new manager, especially for those who have one in mind that they really believe in.
But with that said, I think a lot of people, in general, not specifically on the caf, are looking too much at money spent and not enough on the squad's strengths & weaknesses+challenges.
Out of curiosity? Which one position do you think we're one injury away from a crisis. I think in terms of bodies, we have quite a lot when you take a look at the squad. Next is quality. I think the quality our squad is a rather fluid one as it is so dependent on confidence and form. I think our confidence has been on the low side over the past fews months, which is making our appear to be one of less quality than it really is.
I think with a be of luck, the team gelling and putting some results together, people's perceptions of our squad quality would be very different.

I know it was only Southampton and Barnsley but 10 goals in two games was good. When was the last time that happened?

A win vs Palace and Spurs and we have kick started the season. I just hope there's a period of calm, get points on the board and a weight is lifted off everyone's shoulders. Rashford should have confidence now.

Let's have faith, a long way to go but things could work out!
I came into the season believing that this season truly kicks off after the first international break. With many players lacking a full preseason and the transfer window just concluding, I expected the pre-break games to be quite unpredictable, with some surprising results.

Unfortunately, this didn’t pan out as expected. Most contenders started strong, while we struggled, which may highlight our lack of preparedness. Regardless of the reasons, the outcome has made us appear weaker than we are.

Now that the break is over and players are regaining fitness, we’ll soon discover our true potential under ETH and I believe the results will surprise many.

I've been ETH out for a very long time now but it doesn't make me not appreciate last night's result for what it is. We scored 10 goals in 2 games, 2 clean sheets no matter the opposition, that's something to really cherish.

Same.

In the last few years it's generally taken us about 9 or 10 games to score 10 goals so to get 10 in 2 , albeit against crap opposition, was very enjoyable. The last 2 games have been great, I'd forgotten how nice it is to control a game and win comfortably. To have a game wrapped up by the hour mark.

Caftards will always complain. If ETH comes good it will be comedy gold for years quoting all the people demanding he be sacked.
What’s your definition of “comes good”?

For me, it’s PL titles and some cups, which he has already done tbf. Deep runs in the CL.

Over the long term, he would need to deliver that. Consistently making top 4 isn’t good enough for a club of our stature.

Same.

In the last few years it's generally taken us about 9 or 10 games to score 10 goals so to get 10 in 2 , albeit against crap opposition, was very enjoyable. The last 2 games have been great, I'd forgotten how nice it is to control a game and win comfortably. To have a game wrapped up by the hour mark.
Agreed. More of the same over the next month or 2 and he'll be winning fans over. At the end of the day most of us just want what's best for this club.

Same.

Yup. Seems some weirdos are rattled by two good wins though.

What’s your definition of “comes good”?

For me, it’s PL titles and some cups, which he has already done tbf. Deep runs in the CL.

Over the long term, he would need to deliver that. Consistently making top 4 isn’t good enough for a club of our stature.

I would say comes good is winning the PL or CL. Regardless of how many other cups a manager wins, the league is where a manager is judged.

Whether Ten Hag is the guy I dont know but for me if he doesn't present a title challenge this year, he should be sacked.

Yup. Seems some weirdos are rattled by two good wins though.
I don't think people are rattled, folks are just rightly pointing out that one good half of football vs arguably the worst team in the PL and a dominant win vs a League One side missing a couple of key players does not change anything.

We were awful in that first half vs Southampton. Imagine Archer scores that penalty...would you have fancied us to come back and win that game from 0-1 down? I certainly wouldn't have been rushing down the bookies to pile on.

The Barnsley game was fun and a great confidence booster, but nothing more than that. I can't take anything tangible from a game against such poor opposition.

The games I will judge EtH on this season are the Brighton's (A), the Palace's (A), the Newcastle's (A), West Ham (A) and the Brentford's (A). Those tricky away games against limited but organised and spirited opposition in hostile environments are the acid test for me. Playing well at OT is fine, but we need to start going to mid-table teams and dominating. Not playing awful, disgusting football, barely creating a chance and occasionally scraping a point or three through a moment of magic - proper control.

We have already failed the Brighton (A) test, again. If we want to make progress and cement ourselves as a proper side again, those are the games you have to control and have to win. People love to love teams like Brighton but let's face it, they're very, very limited. You have to be beating them if you have any aspirations at all to achieve anything.

You need about 68 points to finish top four. There are 19 home games. I would like to think a team that has been put together for £1BN should be able to pick up 38-40 points at home...so we need about 30 from away matches.

I don't care whether we beat Arsenal, City, Liverpool etc...they're all more mature, better sides than us right now. I think we need to avoid any hammerings though, it's unacceptable to keep conceding 4, 5, 6 or 7!

Let's see how Palace goes this weekend...I want to see us having more shots, more possession and more chances.

I don't think people are rattled, folks are just rightly pointing out that one good half of football vs arguably the worst team in the PL and a dominant win vs a League One side missing a couple of key players does not change anything.

We were awful in that first half vs Southampton. Imagine Archer scores that penalty...would you have fancied us to come back and win that game from 0-1 down? I certainly wouldn't have been rushing down the bookies to pile on.

The Barnsley game was fun and a great confidence booster, but nothing more than that. I can't take anything tangible from a game against such poor opposition.

The games I will judge EtH on this season are the Brighton's (A), the Palace's (A), the Newcastle's (A), West Ham (A) and the Brentford's (A). Those tricky away games against limited but organised and spirited opposition in hostile environments are the acid test for me. Playing well at OT is fine, but we need to start going to mid-table teams and dominating. Not playing awful, disgusting football, barely creating a chance and occasionally scraping a point or three through a moment of magic - proper control.

You need about 68 points to finish top four. There are 19 home games. I would like to think a team that has been put together for £1BN should be able to pick up 38-40 points at home...so we need about 30 from away matches.

I don't care whether we beat Arsenal, City, Liverpool etc...they're all more mature, better sides than us right now. I think we need to avoid any hammerings though, it's unacceptable to keep conceding 4, 5, 6 or 7!

Let's see how Palace goes this weekend...I want to see us having more shots, more possession and more chances.

Nah, there's a cohort that are acting like complete fecking weirdos.

Disclaimer: I think he should have been sacked.

If he comes good, shows we have a style of football we can understand and excite us with, if the players respond and fight for each other then I will hold my hands up gladly to say I was wrong about him. It’s about results, yes there will be times we have to win ugly, but we have to win. Very early yet but for who we are, we have to fight for titles…consistent European runs, even going for it in Europe. That’s all that matters.

I would say comes good is winning the PL or CL. Regardless of how many other cups a manager wins, the league is where a manager is judged.

Whether Ten Hag is the guy I dont know but for me if he doesn't present a title challenge this year, he should be sacked.
That's nonsense.

By your logic, he could finish 4th, win the Europa League and get sacked?

We have definitely improved defensively this year in that weak teams can no longer carve us open at will. This is not a very high bar to cross though, and we were already there in 22-23, last season was an outlier.

It's whether we will be able to also contain good teams consistently, something we have failed to do since ETH arrived here even in his first season, that will determine how far we can progress as a team under him.

I place almost no value on Barnsley win, the Southampton game I still have mixed feelings about as I think it would have panned out very differently had Archer converted his penalty. We were largely abysmal prior to that.

Unfortunately there are a lot of posters who are Ten Hag out and aren’t happy who’ve won 2 games in a row.
I’m also Ten Hag out but I would be delighted if he proved me wrong. Another win Saturday and it’ll actually be great for confidence with 4 more games to come before international break.

We have definitely improved defensively this year in that weak teams can no longer carve us open at will. This is not a very high bar to cross though, and we were already there in 22-23, last season was an outlier.

It's whether we will be able to also contain good teams consistently, something we have failed to do since ETH arrived here even in his first season, that will determine how far we can progress as a team under him.

I place almost no value on Barnsley win, the Southampton game I still have mixed feelings about as I think it would have panned out very differently had Archer converted his penalty. We were largely abysmal prior to that.

Yes, Palace is going to be an interesting test. I haven’t seen them yet this season but their results have been relatively disappointing, after the new manager bounce at the end of last season.

On paper, we should therefore win this fairly comfortably as we have better players and are in better form. However, we all remember them strolling through our midfield with ease a few months ago. If we can control this match and win, it will set us up really well for the next run of fixtures. If we lose, we will be back in crisis mode again. Feels a very big match this early in the season.

Can we please stop the cat-fighting? Especially after a 7-0? It can be appreciated in isolation with hope that it is a sign of things to come, surely?

It’s fair to say that the anticipation for the next run of games is palpable and that everyone knows that is going to be the truer measure of our state of play and where we are actually at as a team and/of new entity pertaining to this season and integration of new players and supposed new methods.