Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embargoed bit:

These bunch of cnuts are so desperate to trip him up during the conference. He really needs to learn to say a polite go feck yourself. And ban some of these utter cnuts.

01:40 in.

Journalist: "Will Marcus be available tomorrow to play"
Ten Hag : "He's available"

Yeah but klopp had already built up enough goodwill by winning major trophies to convince people it was something he could overcome. Ten Hag doesn't have that

No one in there right mind is comparing ten hag to klopp right now
No actually. I think there are clear parallels with another team dropping off a cliff after getting shit tons of defensive injuries. Klopp hadn’t just become useless and the wrong man during those spells - there were motivating circumstances as there are now with ETH. Yes, Klopp was fortunate enough to have been at the club long enough to have built a winning side when the two shit spells occurred but ETH did a very good job last year so “goodwill” should extend more than 10 games with a ridiculous injury list - people who are trying to gaslight last season out of existence need to stop.

It isn’t just last season when Klopp struggled. After winning the league they were abject for over half a season, losing 7 straight home games and a 7-2 away loss to Villa. They looked every bit as shit as we look now and it took winning the last 12 games of the season to sneak into the Champions League. Oddly enough they had feck tons of defensive injuries too. Weird. Maybe it does have an impact?

Never lose this innocence. We need more people like you in this world.

When the deadwood start getting picked regularly again you know the manager is nearing the end.

I have to say, I'm in agreement with Goldbridge & Sam at United People that sacking wont help matters & we would undoubtedly suffer in the immediate aftermath.

Look, I've heard from a few usually reliable sources now that a bigger problem than ETH is actually STEVE MCCLAREN, hes created a toxic environment on the training ground & is something of an arsonist in that no sooner has Ten Hag stepped in to solve whatever problem exists between McClaren & a player, McClaren is off creating problems with another player & his ego is such he wont have his authority questioned. Alot of the players cant understand why Ten Hag has stuck with him especially as many people in the dressing room are aware that it is McClaren who is leaking the stories to the press - again causing trouble for the players who are under suspicion but completely innocent. Its really REALLY two faced & nasty of McClaren to go about things that way but the general consensus is that McClaren actually thinks he has a chance to replace Ten Hag one day, so much so that he is prepared to push the manager who brought him back to the club under a bus. McClaren needs to be gone & a new coach employed.

I repeat guys, its McClaren who is leaking stories to the press. Scumbag.
:lol:

Joins the Caf and immediately makes an intricate, convoluted WUM post. Great first impression. Why do I get the feeling this guy won't be here very long?

I have to say, I'm in agreement with Goldbridge & Sam at United People that sacking wont help matters & we would undoubtedly suffer in the immediate aftermath.

Look, I've heard from a few usually reliable sources now that a bigger problem than ETH is actually STEVE MCCLAREN, hes created a toxic environment on the training ground & is something of an arsonist in that no sooner has Ten Hag stepped in to solve whatever problem exists between McClaren & a player, McClaren is off creating problems with another player & his ego is such he wont have his authority questioned. Alot of the players cant understand why Ten Hag has stuck with him especially as many people in the dressing room are aware that it is McClaren who is leaking the stories to the press - again causing trouble for the players who are under suspicion but completely innocent. Its really REALLY two faced & nasty of McClaren to go about things that way but the general consensus is that McClaren actually thinks he has a chance to replace Ten Hag one day, so much so that he is prepared to push the manager who brought him back to the club under a bus. McClaren needs to be gone & a new coach employed.

I repeat guys, its McClaren who is leaking stories to the press. Scumbag.

:lol:

Look at the lineup and defend it. Dare you.

How can any semi competent manager end up with such a shambolic lineup after 3 transfer windows and several hundred millions at his disposal? He's an absolute fraud and the notion he should be given an indefinite amount of time because, apparently, no one else is available, is madness and a negligent way of running a multi billion pound organisation

Still think he is better than mct at dm, and if he isn't he shouldn't have been signed
He's definitely better than McT. Less mobile but at least he has some positioning sense, tackling ability and doesn't hide from the ball. I'd play him and Mainoo and instruct both to mix it up in terms of recycling and trying the ball between the lines; he doesn't have Eriksen's passing ability but he's a better/more expressive passer than he's shown in his role here so far, from what I've read and seen in the WC. Though both also need movement and teammates not allowing themselves to be isolated or cut off by the opposition, so it would also take ETH also setting up the shape of the team up more effectuvely than he has done in most games since early March,

Abysmal team selection from a fraud who's clearly lost the dressing room

Certainly looks that way. Either that and/or he's completely lost the dressing room.
Agreed. What is the point in signing Mount Reguilon Amrabat if you are going to play the men you tried to sell, ie McTominay, Maguire, etc. Another shitfest coming up.

It has been said multiple times, but it bears repeating, there are few players from Mourinho's squad remaining. Shaw, Lindelof, Rashford, Martial, Dalot, McTominay from Mourinho's last season.

11 of the 20 most used players this season arrived in the last 3 summers: Onana, Casemiro, Hojlund, Eriksen, Varane, Antony, Mount, Amrabat, Martinez, Reguilón, Evans.

It doesn't make that much sense to talk about "the players" as some kind of singular entity, not in this context. Not with the dramatic changes from the past years.
Thank you, I’ve been repeating this constantly but the conspiracy theorists think the manager being poor can’t just be the reason for the form.

Even the players he’s retained Garnacho, Shaw, Rashford, Lindelof and Dalot have gotten new contracts under ETH and Bruno has been given the armband. These are players that should have loyalty to him especially as they are key members of the squad. Maguire and Mctominay despite being shopped out and treated unfairly have only put the club first and tried to improve performance to get back in the team. The two have saved our bacon already this season so they too are playing for the manager.

So when people say ‘the players’ who are they and what influence do they have. The likes of Sancho, Martial can be unhappy but that isn’t abnormal for fringe players in the squad.

I don’t see a team that doesn’t play for him or has downed tools as is repeated on here. I just see a team built poorly and struggling with poor form.

Wrong guy but also with the wrong squad (which he's at least 1/3 responsible for). I don't think either a) the players briefing against him or not turning up to training or having strops for not playing despite their inability to take responsibility collectively on the field (regardless of how they've been set up, just tracking players, communicating, figuring things out in real-time) or b) a manager who continues to make a bad situation worse with his line-ups and set-ups and inability to hold players fully accountable, need to be defended. That doesn't mean absolving the structure, but neither party is creating the conditions for the other to succeed, and at minimum both the manager and about 4-5 of the most senior players need to leave before (or in, for the players) Jan transfer window.

When the deadwood start getting picked regularly again you know the manager is nearing the end.

He's picking players that don't question his training methods. This is how it ends for managers.

Where is Varane, Casemiro and Reguilon. Why has Dalot not being dropped for the shit he served up during midweek.

What I am hating right now is, we are not performing well, fine, then change something the formation for example. Start two upfront or pack the midfield, play diamond or something. Just serving up same shit each week, with different set of players is a recipe for disaster.

It was Rashford's birthday. He shouldn't need to feel bad for going out. Don't agree with ETH calling him out, especially in the press. Someone needs to have a word with ETH about his press conferences. Completely unnecessary Sancho comments, nonsense about not having the players to play the way Ajax did despite buying players he specifically wanted, and now this. Rashford's a good professional so he'll probably accept this the right way, but again it's not needed right now

Oh, come on. He didn't call him out. Press conferences are never the narrative of the manager. He has to answer the questions posed to him. Same thing happened with Sancho etc. He's doing his contractual obligation by answering the questions.

Look at the video quoted below, of the second half of the press conference. The first 3.5 minutes are just press asking question after question about Marcus looking for quotes. All ETH said was, yes that's unacceptable, they have spoken about it and Marcus apologized, anything further on this would be an internal matter. He keeps saying no comment until they start questioning Rashford's motivations and ETH is only defending Marcus.

You can say he's allowed to celebrate his birthday, and I agree, but why make a reservation at a nightclub on the derby day, where all signs were pointing to us not coming away with a win. It's not great optics, so that's a mistake on Marcus and his advisors. It would have been much better to arrange a party at a family or friends house.

Embargoed bit:

These bunch of cnuts are so desperate to trip him up during the conference. He really needs to learn to say a polite go feck yourself. And ban some of these utter cnuts.

The club have ultimate responsibility for the signings.
It should not be Eric Ten Hag signing players or recommending players.

Where is Varane, Casemiro and Reguilon. Why has Dalot not being dropped for the shit he served up during midweek.

What I am hating right now is, we are not performing well, fine, then change something the formation for example. Start two upfront or pack the midfield, play diamond or something. Just serving up same shit each week, with different set of players is a recipe for disaster.
Case is injured. Varane (alleged) fell out with ETH, whether before or after being dropped. Reguilon - who knows; unless it's an injury, I think it's an error in judgement on Ten Ha's part, as he's at least looked a 7/10 player able to support the attack....

If Rashford was out on the town then he had to be dropped. It's the Varane situation which seems really odd.
He was out on Sunday, why was he on the bench (and came on as a sub) on Wednesday if he's being punished now? And travelled with the squad to London?

More likely he might have gotten ill with something. Seems to be going around. Lindelöf is out with illness now as well.

Post game, it will come out that Rashford was not injured. I smell another falling out.

Rashford going out Sunday night wasn’t a good look. But unacceptable? Unless im missing something, he’s allowed to do as he pleases outside of work hours.

Ten Hag needn’t have called it “unacceptable” yesterday. Created another headline out of nothing.

Casemiro is out til Jan/Feb.

If at this point you can’t see the total capitulation in the dressing room and utter absurdity in EtH’s decision making (pushing to sign two midfielders and benching them today), then I really don’t know what to say.

Each and every player looks void of confidence and joy.

The longer he stays, the more toxic this environment becomes. Things like this become irreparable. You can’t just kick out the players who don’t agree with you and expect to remain a fully functioning team.

Well he doesn’t make it easy on himself. Wtf is that line up yet again.

ETH is setting a new low for ineptitude currently - must be praying for the sack.

Oh, come on. He didn't call him out. Press conferences are never the narrative of the manager. He has to answer the questions posed to him. Same thing happened with Sancho etc. He's doing his contractual obligation by answering the questions.

Look at the video quoted below, of the second half of the press conference. The first 3.5 minutes are just press asking question after question about Marcus looking for quotes. All ETH said was, yes that's unacceptable, they have spoken about it and Marcus apologized, anything further on this would be an internal matter. He keeps saying no comment until they start questioning Rashford's motivations and ETH is only defending Marcus.

You can say he's allowed to celebrate his birthday, and I agree, but why make a reservation at a nightclub on the derby day, where all signs were pointing to us not coming away with a win. It's not great optics, so that's a mistake on Marcus and his advisors. It would have been much better to arrange a party at a family or friends house.
Press conferences are part of a manager's responsibility and they should all have a bit of tact. These are just excuses for ETH repeatedly saying stupid and disruptive things in these press conferences.

If Rashford was out on the town then he had to be dropped. It's the Varane situation which seems really odd.

Going out post a loss isn’t a punishable offence. We have seen players do it before.

Ten Hag calling it “unacceptable” in the presser, I think, has caused another falling out.

Like the Sancho situation, why air the dirty laundry in public.

He was out on Sunday, why was he on the bench (and came on as a sub) on Wednesday if he's being punished now? And travelled with the squad to London?

More likely he might have gotten ill with something. Seems to be going around. Lindelöf is out with illness now as well.
Fair enough, didn't know the timeline, thought his absence today was in relation to Hag's comments.

If he's unfit to play, not really much anyone can do.

Post game, it will come out that Rashford was not injured. I smell another falling out.

Rashford going out Sunday night wasn’t a good look. But unacceptable? Unless im missing something, he’s allowed to do as he pleases outside of work hours.

Ten Hag needn’t have called it “unacceptable” yesterday. Created another headline out of nothing.
It WAS completely unacceptable. He went out on his birthday to a nightclub with his friends and family. The absolute fecking audacity of that man to think that he can go and celebrate his birthday after the loss to City. If he had any sense he would've stayed at home and flayed himself until the early hours of the morning.

Footballers aren't people. They are assets for Ten Hag to use when he wants. I'm actually shocked that the players haven't volunteered to cryogenically freeze themselves in between training sessions and match days.

Do we know it's that long? I read that he was likely out until Mid-December. The BBC also has it as a 'number of weeks'....
That injury source guy on twitter said Jan/Feb and he's been mostly right on this stuff

A bitter little egomaniac sidelining Rashford just because he got the whole season wrong and then lying its because of Injury. He should get sacked

Going out post a loss isn’t a punishable offence. We have seen players do it before.

Ten Hag calling it “unacceptable” in the presser, I think, has caused another falling out.

Like the Sancho situation, why air the dirty laundry in public.
How is it not unacceptable? He had a midweek game to be in shape for

Status
Not open for further replies.