Enzo Maresca - Chelsea manager - Sack watch

I guess the big gamble from the club is that his style of football translates well to a much higher caliber of player than what Leicester has. The Leicester players all seem to say his methods are amazing so I guess we have to give him a fair chance before shitting on him from the moment he is announced.

Just need to give him a new primary striker, a CB to replace Silva, and a ball playing keeper. Get those 3 things and there’s zero excuse whatsoever to not finish top 4.

I guess the big gamble from the club is that his style of football translates well to a much higher caliber of player than what Leicester has. The Leicester players all seem to say his methods are amazing so I guess we have to give him a fair chance before shitting on him from the moment he is announced.

Just need to give him a new primary striker, a CB to replace Silva, and a ball playing keeper. Get those 3 things and there’s zero excuse whatsoever to not finish top 4.

There's no excuse really to not finish in the top 4. That would have been the expectation for me for Poch and I'm not changing that just because we've hired some up and coming young project coach. A lot of these players have played together minimum a full season now, some of them longer. This is no longer a brand new team with a bunch of young players finding their feet in a new team. It's as settled a team we've had in 2 years. So I'm expecting Maresca to build on the work Poch did last season. I don't think I can stomach yet another transition season where we're hovering in 10th place.

They are just aping Arsenal move with Arteta basically, hiring from the Pep pipeline.

They have no patience though, so it’s inevitably ending in flames.

Congratulations. Wish you horrible luck, and 8th place finish and a quick sacking

There's no excuse really to not finish in the top 4. That would have been the expectation for me for Poch and I'm not changing that just because we've hired some up and coming young project coach. A lot of these players have played together minimum a full season now, some of them longer. This is no longer a brand new team with a bunch of young players finding their feet in a new team. It's as settled a team we've had in 2 years. So I'm expecting Maresca to build on the work Poch did last season. I don't think I can stomach yet another transition season where we're hovering in 10th place.
True. And simply getting back a bunch of these injured players that missed all or most of this past season could be huge.

Thinking of Lavia and Nkunku specifically. We take a sizable leap with just those two fully fit for a whole season.

Wouldn’t be De Zerbi better for them? Or even appointing back Tuchel? Feck knows what their owners are thinking :lol:

They want someone who is happy to be part of whatever structure is being put in place.

This is clearly the case, for better or for worse.

I think there's some tension between this approach and going for a manager in the Guardiola/Arteta mold though.

One thing that really stands out about those two managers is that they have very specific ideas about the qualities that players should have to play their football. Guardiola inherited 4-5 great players that were centerpieces in his side but he turned the rest of the squad completely over within a couple years. Arteta built almost an entirely new squad from scratch. Chelsea have already invested so much money over the last two years that they're going to ask Maresca to largely cook with the ingredients he inherits. There are definitely some high quality ingredients to work with but there are probably also a bunch of players that don't really fit.

Watched a fair amount of Leicester this season as the Championship was quite exciting, and wasn't impressed by their style of play at all. Their play style was far too open and they were saved time and time again by the fact their squad and players were so much better than the teams they were playing and competing with. Don't really see this panning out at all.

Might be the most daft thing I've seen from these new owners and that's saying something.

EskdKgEWMAAn5kX.jpg

You have been cooking for Lampard?

Rumours says that he is close to being sacked because he has not won any game.

At this rate I might have to shave my head. Having hair will be laughed at soon enough.

I guess we’ll see how this goes. This is the first coach we’ve appointed I don’t know much of anything about and I therefore have no idea of what to expect.
Avram grant?

City, United, Liverpool and now Chelsea all managed by bald frauds.

I think moreso he will not rock the boat. They want a head coach who doesn't get involved whatsoever in matters outside of coaching from what I can tell.

How are other clubs so quick in making a decision, while we spend our time reviewing, preparing an offer, negotiating etc. Sigh
i wouldn't look at Chelsea at the moment for how to do things.

This will probably end in disaster.

He didn't last long at Parma and even the likes of Lampard would walk the Championship with Leicester.

Boehly must have finally gotten around to studying the history of Abramovich's Chelsea and figured that you can put any random clueless gimp in charge, and the squad will just manage themselves and get 2nd and a CL final at worst.