Enzo Maresca - Chelsea manager - Sack watch

How are other clubs so quick in making a decision, while we spend our time reviewing, preparing an offer, negotiating etc. Sigh

Definitely an interesting appointment. Was managing City's reserves. Went to Parma and didn't even last 6 months. Then back to City. Then 1 season at Leicester with the best squad and biggest budget in the league.

How are other clubs so quick in making a decision, while we spend our time reviewing, preparing an offer, negotiating etc. Sigh

Chelsea's season finished a week before ours did tbf.

How are chelsea the model to be following though. How is this guy an upgrade on Poch?

We haven't made a decision because, hopefully, we are not daft enough to change managers fir the sake of changing.

If Ineos had a clear fav and direction. Ten Hag would already be gone surely?

It has disaster written all over it, but I actually think he could be OK for them, provided they have the courage of their conviction and keep him in post for the next 18 months or so, almost regardless of the interim results. He will need quite a lot of time, which Chelsea aren't exactly famous for. Having said all that, I think there are much better options available this summer and I'm pleased that Chelsea have missed those opportunities.

I guess we’ll see how this goes. This is the first coach we’ve appointed I don’t know much of anything about and I therefore have no idea of what to expect.

It has disaster written all over it, but I actually think he could be OK for them, provided they have the courage of their conviction and keep him in post for the next 18 months or so, almost regardless of the interim results. He will need quite a lot of time, which Chelsea aren't exactly famous for. Having said all that, I think there are much better options available this summer and I'm pleased that Chelsea have missed those opportunities.
They won't

Optimistic thinking that the deal includes an option to extend a year to 2030. Expect he will be lucky to last 18 months.

Hiring a very successful head coach’s top assistant is a very popular hiring strategy in American football. Funny that two American owners did it in the premier league with Arteta and this guy

They won't

No, probably not. Chelsea gave Potter a five year contract worth more than £50m as a sign of their long-term commitment to him and then sacked him after seven months. They are probably the only big club (aside from Barca) that you can make a case for being less well-run than United over the past few years.

How are chelsea the model to be following though. How is this guy an upgrade on Poch?

We haven't made a decision because, hopefully, we are not daft enough to change managers fir the sake of changing.

If Ineos had a clear fav and direction. Ten Hag would already be gone surely?

Well, if he has any tactical ideas that are from more recently than 2016 that's an upgrade

So, who are Leicester City getting ?
EskdKgEWMAAn5kX.jpg

Chelsea fans disliked Poch from the get go so it made it easy to replace him. Our fans are treating Ten Hag like a surrogate father almost, trickier situation.

I guess we’ll see how this goes. This is the first coach we’ve appointed I don’t know much of anything about and I therefore have no idea of what to expect.
Leicester fans would say "boring possession football" and he only plays one way and got found out second half of last season.