Enzo Maresca - Chelsea manager - Sack watch

I genuinely doubt he can do that… how often do you see a manager with zero top leagues experience take a team in the PL to the CL in his first season ?

This is more like their “Arteta first season”, they may win a cup. Normally they should be a huge favourite for the conference league. But that’s it.

Ole, Lampard?

We finished 5 pts off top 4 last season despite having the most injuries, I dont think any sane person thinks we will finish mid table.
The perception of last season is skewed because you were so far off for most the season but a late run of results somehow saw you go from 8th to 6th, and the previous season saw you 12th.

Mid-table may not be the right word but it seemed like a lot of fans felt a 7th/8th type finish was on the cards because a lot of people didn't seem to rate the manager and thought the erratic transfer strategy would mean you'd be a mess on the pitch because of the mess off the pitch, but it all seems to be coming together for Chelsea now.

I genuinely doubt he can do that… how often do you see a manager with zero top leagues experience take a team in the PL to the CL in his first season ?

How often do you see a manager with 'zero top leagues experience' have the likes of Palmer, Madueke, Neto, Nkunku, Joao Felix and Sancho to call on to change a game? And who will almost certainly get a good striker in January.

Doesn't need 100 games to get it right

Doesn't need a premade squad

Doesn't need hair

Doesn't need excuses
It has only been a few games and there's a long way to go for them, but Maresca is doing well despite the turmoil at Chelsea

I truly don't understand when some fans say EtH deserves more time given the (past) off pitch issues at United.

The perception of last season is skewed because you were so far off for most the season but a late run of results somehow saw you go from 8th to 6th, and the previous season saw you 12th.

Mid-table may not be the right word but it seemed like a lot of fans felt a 7th/8th type finish was on the cards because a lot of people didn't seem to rate the manager and thought the erratic transfer strategy would mean you'd be a mess on the pitch because of the mess off the pitch, but it all seems to be coming together for Chelsea now.

I would argue it's just as 'skewed' reducing Chelsea's efforts last season just into that winning run at the end and ignoring everything else.

It was the super slow start that really fecked us last season. We gave up way too much headway to the others in the battle for UCL places in those first 5-6 rounds of the season but from that point till the end of the season we gained more points than any other team in the league not named Arsenal, City or Liverpool.

I'm not saying we 'deserved' to be top 4 last season because across the full 38 games we clearly weren't good enough for that. But as far as the current season is concerned I would say last season's slow start and then building up more and more momentum as the season progressed gave me plenty of optimism for this season. And the start of this season has been quite promising indeed.

This is more like their “Arteta first season”, they may win a cup. Normally they should be a huge favourite for the conference league. But that’s it.

Sorry but it’s a country mile away from Artetas first season.

One had a pre season the other didn’t, one had experience of success management of a first team squad yes it was at Championship level but at a club whose structure was very much still PL.

Do I think we will finish in the top 4? That will be a challenge as it really should be but despite the turmoil that seems to surround Chelsea we were just one result being reversed away from being in this years CL and that was the 1-0 defeat at home to Villa.

There is no doubt that we aren’t the finished article but many of the players are a year older , a year more experienced and as a unit the majority have been together for far longer than was the case 12 months ago.