England vs Kazakhstan

Got to be honest, there's no way England deserve a 5-1 victory tonight. 2-1 was about right on the balance of play.

The other 3 have just flattered to deceive, and now the press will say how great we were and Gerrard will start again on Wednesday, and we won't have learned a thing.

Excellent point, that sums it up.

Paper over the cracks is the only thing England are good at in situations like this.

find it funny that the majority of people that persistantly slag off England on here are bitter home nations residents.

Im not massive England fan, but just shut the feck up - you bore me

Got to be honest, there's no way England deserve a 5-1 victory tonight. 2-1 was about right on the balance of play.

The other 3 have just flattered to deceive, and now the press will say how great we were and Gerrard will start again on Wednesday, and we won't have learned a thing.

Problem with Beckham is that he is now only really good to play top football for about 10-15 minutes. He is non-existant for anything more so he's better off playing the cameo role.

Can't really compare his performance to Walcott's much either. Beckham has come on fresh against an extremely tired out Kazakhstan.

What a difference 45 minutes makes. I remember the first.

You do realise you sound just like a bitter City fan talking like that!

I'm sorry, but I just find it funny how the England supporters can go from booing their team at half time, to undoubtably thinking their side is some sort of world beater after putting a few past a tired 6th best team in central Asia.

Duh, we're playing Kazakhstan you idiot, so of course it is.

:( that must have been some bump on your head when the doctor dropped you........dipshit

good performance in the end. Ashley cole got booed too. Result...

find it funny that the majority of people that persistantly slag off England on here are bitter home nations residents.

Im not massive England fan, but just shut the feck up - you bore me

Yes, obviously my team is Northern Ireland but I do like to see England do well and I'm glad with tonight's result (mostly also because it was dominated by the United boys :D)

It's inevitable that this England squad will become cocky now, Stevie Me and Frank Lampard particularly. Steven Gerrard was constantly seeking the Hollywood goal tonight.

I expect no more than 2-1 or 2-0 vs. Belarus. Wouldn't be shocked if it ends up 0-0 though :lol:

I'm going to claim this is a victory of having a balanced midfield

That, and Kazakhstan being shite. A little embarrasing we couldn't break them down after a half of football, but I can live with that when we end up with the points

Rio is a decent captain but he's wrong. Ashley Cole was shite today all game

I'm going to claim this is a victory of having a balanced midfield

That, and Kazakhstan being shite. A little embarrasing we couldn't break them down after a half of football, but I can live with that when we end up with the points

Good point Brad. Let's say when United are facing West Brom next Saturday, it's 0-0 at HT and we're not playing great. If we come out after the break, step it up and beat them 4 or 5 nil then I'll not exactly be fecking complaining ;)

England fans should be happy with this scoreline, regardless of whether it was deserved from the performance overall, just be fecking happy for once :rolleyes:

9 points from 9 now:D

Not the best performance in the world, but we got the three points. Redlambs is right though, Gerrard needs to be dropped and Rooney played through the middle. Glad Defoe got a goal, his form for Portsmouth has been excellent since January and he is a top striker when on form, hopefully he will get a run out against Belarus.

Pleased, but room for a lot of improvement.

I'm not his biggest fan but credit to Beckham when he came on, did very well. All round another dissapointing performance though.

Ashley Cole is Ashley Young according to Capello. No wonder he isn't getting picked. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, heard that myself.

Good to see Capello having a pop at the crowd. Booing your team the way England fans do is just ridiculous. Where do they think they are, the fecking pantomime? The last thing the players want is to feel they can be booed if they make the slightest of mistakes.

wow for large parts of that game it was like watching the MLS. England look disjointed and at times clueless at the back. The scoreline flatters England but 3 points is 3 points.

Rooney different quality then everyone else on the pitch

I'm sorry, but I just find it funny how the England supporters can go from booing their team at half time, to undoubtably thinking their side is some sort of world beater after putting a few past a tired 6th best team in central Asia.

Quote me one person you've heard make such a claim today

You're looking dangerously like you just have an anti-English agenda, with quite a lot of bitterness thrown into the mix!

From what I can tell, England have just won 5-1 and most fans are complaining!!!

wow for large parts of that game it was like watching the MLS. England look disjointed and at times clueless at the back. The scoreline flatters England but 3 points is 3 points.

Rooney different quality then everyone else on the pitch

Yeah, he's been in great form recently. I can't wait for us to crack on the our Premier League campaign.