Emergency Board Meeting called to discuss the future of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be devastated if we get Rodgers tbh.

A failed ex-Liverpool manager who is on a really bad spell with Leicester after back to back failures to stay in the CL places is really not what we need. Would be a very bad appointment.

I am already Rodgers out and he hasn't even been appointed. Not good enough for a top club.

I don’t know what our rival fans will want more:

Rodgers to be appointed as Ole’s successor or Ole still to be kept in charge?

Interesting that Luckhurst seems convinced it's Rodgers while Castles is going all in on Zidane. Those two seem by far the most likely candidates now. Both would be solid choices for me.

Can that call for some sort of warning then?

That sort of wumming usually does

Those odds mean feck all. Just guess work as ZZ is out of work.

if I were to put £1M on Bruce to be the next manager his odds would shorten. That being said, Bookies are often a good indicator of where things are to end up. Somewhere someone has put big money on it, which creates a domino effect and the odds shorten. At least that’s what I think js how the odds shorten, someone can correct me if I’m wrong?

I’m assuming it’s Jolly Rodgers for celebration after the sacking, some people got confused

Rodgers may be a better coach, but the players will respect Zidane much more. The players will definitely be more motivated if Zidane was our manager compared to Rodgers. Regardless, what we need is a real coach like ten hag or Pochettino. I m not sure if Zidane or Roger will work out here. Regardless, any of these lots are better than Ole, so good times ahead.

Whattt??? No decision?!?

22:27
'NO DECISION MADE ON SOLSKJAER FUTURE'

Sky Sports News has been told that no decision has been made by Manchester United this evening on the future of manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

His three big mistakes at least in my view,
1.Giving contracts to players like Jones and mata. It's needless especially at this stage of their career.
2.Not able to sign a one strong midfielder in his prime to immediately improve competitiveness in the weak midfield.
3.Not able to utilise the full squad. Fear of failure just got to him especially after signed Ronaldo.
(1) and (2) are Woodward. But, yeah, (3) is definitely a sackable offence and one that's entirely on Ole.

Stop posting in riddles. Just come out and say if your dad is actually a good source or you are bullshitting us.
No riddles being posted? Ole has been sacked. The clubs first choice of replacement is Rodgers and an approach will be made to Leicester as soon as. Contact has already been made between Rodgers and a representative of United's board. Rodgers is keen and it is felt that it will be a formality to get Leicester to release a manager who has had his head turned elsewhere.

If you dont have a quotable source for Rodgers dont mention his fecking name.

If we tried to trigger his release clause I pray to god he'd turn us down mid season. But things are going so badly at Leicester, and he's so clearly done there, that he probably wouldn't.

I have no doubt when he goes they’ll be numerous posts from many players praising him. Why didn’t those in tears play like it meant that much to them today for fecks sake!
They had been doing that for the last three years, rescuing him times after times on account of their individual brilliance. What, did you think we were winning games because of his tactical nous? He's being found out because he's a mediocre coach. Period.

0 trophies.

Finished where he took over in 18/19.

Scraped Top 4 due to a Leicester implosion 19/20.

Capitalised on Liverpool and Chelsea turmoil in 20/21.

Imploded in 21/22 when Chelsea and Liverpool turned up.
Finished 3 in 19/20 so it clearly wasn’t just down to Leicester. Finished second in 20/21 so again, clearly not just down to two clubs.

There is some monsterous rewriting of history going on here.

What you guys need is a top class coach not just a manager. Think Zidane would be a mistake of an appointment. He has proven to be a great man manager and was of course beloved in the dressing room, but has he done anything to prove he’s a world class coach? Or did he just have a team filled 1-11 with world class players in their prime? He got their confidence high and they were hyper focused on the CL. But is he tactically brilliant and flexible?

Not sure he could take over a side that’s at rock bottom and need of a total coaching revamp and turn you into title winners.
This is a decent watch to be fair

Please God, No!

The Glazer spawn need to be immortalized in a horror movie franchise.

The Glazer heroine initially starts out as a slow, dumb socialite partying with daddy's money; encounters a monster, and continues to make wrong decision after wrong decision - despite sometimes literally being shown what exactly to do - while the audience screams at the screen. Eventually she gets killed and turned into a monster herself, slow and dumb but unstoppable.

Finished 3 in 19/20 so it clearly wasn’t just down to Leicester. Finished second in 20/21 so again, clearly not just down to two clubs.

There is some monsterous rewriting of history going on here.
The 2nd place was probably down to us having a squad of bottlers that prefer to play in empty stadiums.

I lost a lot of my dislike for Rodgers when he left Liverpool but I have a horrible feeling it could all come pouring back if he was appointed. It also wouldn't be surprising to once again see the club make the wrong decision.

I just remember his wee envelope with the name that would cost him the league, the big picture of himself, the general enjoyment he has for the smell of his own farts and the whole David Brent esque nothings he would come out with.

The big players in the team wouldn't fall for any of his shite and I could see him facing an uphill battle from the start much like Moyes with little respect from the players.

Rodgers would be under the most pressure of any manager since Fergie by some distance. No ones going to give him an inch.
honestly that's why i don't mind if he comes in. If he doesn't meet expectations by the end of campaign we can sack him and look for someone else.

No riddles being posted? Ole has been sacked. The clubs first choice of replacement is Rodgers and an approach will be made to Leicester as soon as. Contact has already been made between Rodgers and a representative of United's board. Rodgers is keen and it is felt that it will be a formality to get Leicester to release a manager who has had his head turned elsewhere.

At this point whatever you have written above from the sacking of Ole to Rodgers being the first choice is all pure conjecture. You have no sources. Apart from a text message you apparently received.

When someone asked you who sent you the message you just replied saying "My Dad". Wherein you could have easily mentioned why your dad would be in the know-how in that same post.

If you dont have a quotable source for Rodgers dont mention his fecking name.

If we tried to trigger his release clause I pray to god he'd turn us down mid season. But things are going so badly at Leicester, and he's so clearly done there, that he probably wouldn't.
Agreed. I would prefer someone else. Rodgers looks out of his depth at Leicester.

His three big mistakes at least in my view,
1.Giving contracts to players like Jones and mata. It's needless especially at this stage of their career.
2.Not able to sign a one strong midfielder in his prime to immediately improve competitiveness in the weak midfield.
3.Not able to utilise the full squad. Fear of failure just got to him especially after signed Ronaldo.

His biggest mistake was not surrounding himself with too coaching staff. Surprising after seeing SAF refresh the coaches for new ideas often, you would think he would follow suit, instead we became Mates FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.