Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

:lol: oh shit, he's a sociopath now? He's getting worse by the minute. Maybe he stuck the kids down there himself.

oh man the little billionaires life is going to be ruined because people are pointing out that he is a sociopath who exploits workers and throws hissy fits when people don't treat him like a fecking messiah, won't someone think of the rich

Anyone else old enough to remember the “Student Grant” character from Viz? I can never not picture posts like this as a speech bubble coming out of his mouth.

"oh man the little billionaires life is going to be ruined because people are pointing out that he is a sociopath who exploits workers and throws hissy fits when people don't treat him like a fecking messiah, won't someone think of the rich"

6140877288_1c37b3aca1_b.jpg

Musk seems like a bit of cnut going from this thread. Won't be long until we discover he murdered JFK imo.

A retired white guy living in Thailand is suspect as feck though.

"oh man the little billionaires life is going to be ruined because people are pointing out that he is a sociopath who exploits workers and throws hissy fits when people don't treat him like a fecking messiah, won't someone think of the rich"

6140877288_1c37b3aca1_b.jpg

sorry I dont have a cartoon of a middle aged dentist who unironically says virtue signaling but I'm sure you can conjure a mental image

So he came out with this heroic comment totally unprovoked? Great to see people have the same standards for both him and Musk.
Your boy called the rescuers unqualified to perform a mission that was nearly finished, which promoted them to think that maybe he's a dick and needs to feck off

Right wing, white, male, nerd Twitter mobs are definitely a lot more fond of the old rape threats than the more enlightened, female friendly Twitter mobs on the left. So they’re definitely the worst type of Twitter mobs. That seems to be the type of mob that wades in on Musk’s behalf.

At the end of the day, they’re all still Twitter mobs, though, desperate to show their followers how woke/anti-PC (one or the other) they are by jumping all over someone whose opinion/politics they disagree with. Which is pretty fecking tiresome and can cause consequences for the subject of their pile-on out of all proportion to the gravity of the tweet that fuelled their righteous indignation.

So he came out with this heroic comment totally unprovoked? Great to see people have the same standards for both him and Musk.
But Elon Musk is rich and everyone knows all rich people are evil cnuts who deserve to burn in hell.

Your boy called the rescuers unqualified to perform a mission that was nearly finished, which promoted them to think that maybe he's a dick and needs to feck off
Fair enough. My boy was bad there. Bad, bad boy.

:lol: oh shit, he's a sociopath now? He's getting worse by the minute. Maybe he stuck the kids down there himself.

There's also the time he fired his long time secrectary because she dared ask for a raise, saying that he could do her job himself so she can shove it.

This is a strange hill to die on. The man is clearly not someone you would like to have anything to do with if it wasn't for the fact that he's rich (and most of it have to do with inheritance).

The diver was there, I'm guessing he did have strong reason to think Musk was using the event to promote himself, and not "just trying to help". After all, they did have to see him in the cave and I'm thinking he was an unnecessary distraction.

That's what we all were thinking "live" just from reading his tweets, and we were on the other side of the world.

Musk got rightfully criticised for it, but this would be a non-issue and forgotten by now had he not decided to idiotically double with the kind of insult decent people just never make.

And now people are pointing out he's an idiot. I don't understand this "ruining his life" thing. His life isn't being ruined. He just needs to shut up and learn a lesson. It will go away with time.

Elon Musk is one of the biggest handles in Twitter and his tweets are consumed by millions of people. He has developed a cult of followers who attack anyone who slightly criticizes him. Surely there needs to be different standards for the diver and Musk? Look, I'm a bit of a Tesla fanboy myself and I liked him. A lot of people see Musk as one of their inspiration and that kind of hero worship leads to a greater responsibility

I guess his point is that if the diver was willing to slag Musk off on a public platform, then Musk should be allowed to slag him off on a public platform in return.

Obviously, Musk's insult was much more serious and everyone is naturally going to side with a cave-diving hero over a petulant billionaire. Which does dilute his point somewhat.

uh, imagine the sterotype of a berniebro but wearing 4chan memorabilia, they talk kinda like @Vato, wade in with a bad opinion then move the goalposts every couple of posts
Hey, at least I'm not the one who thinks that "my position is superior on this", right? ;)

I agree that it was a disgusting thing to do. I haven't even followed the whole thing but read somewhere (here?) that the diver first accused Musk of making love with his submarine?

If it's true that's pretty low too surely considering he was just trying to help? Not defending Musk for his comment here but why don't we hear more about this?

Because the diver actually heavily involved in the coordination and actioning of the rescue said Musk's submarine was shit and useless for the job so he could shove it where it hurts, obviously very annoyed and frustrated at Musk's attempts to involve himself in a rescue effort that was underway and almost over, and Musk decided an appropriate response to that was to say the diver was a paedophile. Not remotely comparable.

Ouch. That’s gotta hurt. Did you call someone a pedo?

:lol: no, it's not a libel suit. My insurance will cover it but it was a distressing few weeks between being informed about it and acutally being served so you can start all the things you need to.

There's also the time he fired his long time secrectary because she dared ask for a raise, saying that he could do her job himself so she can shove it.

This is a strange hill to die on. The man is clearly not someone you would like to have anything to do with if it wasn't for the fact that he's rich (and most of it have to do with inheritance).
Got any more inaccurate stories?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/11/elo...his-assistant-when-she-asked-for-a-raise.html

To be fair to Vern, he told Elon to stick the submarine where it hurts. I can think of many place on my body that would hurt if I stuck a submarine in/on it.

I'm still not sure what the hip thing to think of Elon Musk is. I mean, he makes environmentally friendly stuff so that's good, but he can be a bit of a cnut on Twitter and that's bad.

He's a white South African, which is suspect by default, but donates a lot of money to charity which is nice.

Please help.