Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

So why pay the 8 euro?

So if one pays 8$ or equivalent, does Twitter verify anything or just gives you the blue tick?

This is rich to me, given how ardently her party attempts to control what's said on the internet (and how much money they've spent to do so).

Will be interesting to hear you make an actual point here….

This is a good and reasonable article. Elon Musk made a mistake and now he is floating various ideas trying to find income sources for Twitter. His problem is that if he allows all the trumpists back, then he is in danger of losing advertising revenue. Adding subscriptions might lose him customers. He doesn't have any good options here. He bought Tesla when it was worth nothing and built it up, but for Twitter he bought it at its prime, overpaying for it... hard to see how he can add any value. He messed up this time. He will probably realise it after a while and abandon the whole thing, just writing off his losses.

So he’s saying that the current blue tick will become “Public Figure” and you’ll be able to purchase a blue tick which will now indicate that you have purchased a blue tick.

So he’s saying that the current blue tick will become “Public Figure” and you’ll be able to purchase a blue tick which will now indicate that you have purchased a blue tick.
I think they are saying the algorithm will favour blue ticks and make it far easier to publicly spread a message which i guess means hes essentially selling loudspeakers to people in his digital town square

In future I could imagine it being impossible to quote tweets that dont have a blue tick for example and just a link to the original appears rather than the tweet

I think they are saying the algorithm will favour blue ticks and make it far easier to publicly spread a message which i guess means hes essentially selling loudspeakers to people in his digital town square

In future I could imagine it being impossible to quote tweets that dont have a blue tick for example and just a link to the original appears rather than the tweet
That would end Twitter very quickly

The fecking shiba abuse in this thread is bang out of order. I don’t mind calling them cnuts but to keep comparing them to musk - feck right off. My dog is not a musk.

Well played.

My ex had one. Fcuking insouciant little sh1te. Well trained and awesome. But she went to some insidious weird Shibu Enu meet up group and almost all of them were horrors.

He already confirmed that there would be a tag for public figures, which will act as the current blue tick.

He's not good at explaining things. Seems to trip himself constantly with his own words. He should hire someone to do it for him.

So basically it makes it meaningless (but actual celebs will get a different algorithm behind the scenes and this will be leaked at some point in the near future)

This is a good and reasonable article. Elon Musk made a mistake and now he is floating various ideas trying to find income sources for Twitter. His problem is that if he allows all the trumpists back, then he is in danger of losing advertising revenue. Adding subscriptions might lose him customers. He doesn't have any good options here. He bought Tesla when it was worth nothing and built it up, but for Twitter he bought it at its prime, overpaying for it... hard to see how he can add any value. He messed up this time. He will probably realise it after a while and abandon the whole thing, just writing off his losses.

The other problem is that people expect subscriptions to services to remove ads. If a lot of people subscribed, the value to advertisers goes way down. Plus, twitter is an inefficient ad platform to begin with except for a narrow selection of companies compared to Facebook and definitely Google so advertisering money will definitely flee if millions of people subscribed and don't see ads. The most effective brands on twitter use it organically anyway like below. I can't see twitter working as a subscription model. WTF wants to pay $8 for twitter - well maybe @Raoul would so he can link tweets here ;)

Well played.

My ex had one. Fcuking insouciant little sh1te. Well trained and awesome. But she went to some insidious weird Shibu Enu meet up group and almost all of them were horrors.
As much as I think shiba’s are insolent little legends on their own I can’t think of anything worse than pairing them up with others in a group :lol:

As much as I think shiba’s are insolent little legends on their own I can’t think of anything worse than pairing them up with others in a group :lol:
Much like Elon Musk really. So many similarities!

If he wanted an easy way to make ad money, he should slap a video advert over any tweets that are embedded on third party websites like here.

I read a theory that he’s bought twitter to disrupt the global payments system

kinda makes sense if you look at the people he’s brought in.. ex pay-pal dude, Binance CEO and others from payments industry

What’s the theory? How is it likely to disrupt the global payments system?

I have no idea if it's likely or not, but I would guess it's unlikely as you'll struggle to get it through congress which is what scuppered Zuckerberg's plans

https://fortune.com/crypto/2022/10/31/the-real-reason-elon-musk-bought-twitter/

theoretically it's possible though as the technology (decentralised ledgers) is closish to being that scalable and the industry is ripe for disruption as the legacy tech is ancient

Ouch around 50% apparently.

I don't think I buy that bombastic of a statement

50% employee would cripple Twitter instantly, I honestly don't think any big institution worth 44bn can afford to lose 50% workforce on a whim just like that. Shits are bound to hits the fan.

Regardless of how inefficient Twitter before Elon, I don't believe they're employing 50% more than they need to

Lisa Bloom
@LisaBloom

Hey Twitter employees getting laid off tomorrow! IMPORTANT INFO from a CA employment attorney (me):

CA's "WARN" law requires Twitter to give you 60 days notice of a massive layoff.

A layoff of 50+ employees within a 30 day period qualifies.

I know you didn't get that notice.