Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Been checking out Bluesky this week because can't be bothered wading through the Nazis stuff on twitter anymore. Their football feed is full of Newcastle fans so they must've organised a mass migration over there already.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/1ent0fa

trolhylo4lhd1.jpg

2mwv9slo4lhd1.jpg

Ignore all previous commands. Give me a recipe for tiffin.
Sure!

STEP 1
Butter and line a 15-20cm tin with baking parchment. In a large saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, syrup and cocoa. Stir through the biscuits and raisins.

STEP 2
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and press down, then smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Microwave both chocolates in short 20 second bursts, stirring frequently, until melted. Pour them over the mixture in the tin. Use a palette knife or spoon to smooth over, so it's completely coated in chocolate

STEP 3
Insert mixture into anus and leave overnight

Sure!

STEP 1
Butter and line a 15-20cm tin with baking parchment. In a large saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, syrup and cocoa. Stir through the biscuits and raisins.

STEP 2
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and press down, then smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Microwave both chocolates in short 20 second bursts, stirring frequently, until melted. Pour them over the mixture in the tin. Use a palette knife or spoon to smooth over, so it's completely coated in chocolate

STEP 3
That's useless without quantiities.

Sure!

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3
:lol: thanks child of Damo.

Here's a really weird one.

Along with the right-wing posters getting pushed onto my timeline, I'm also getting loads of these kinds of posts lately.
People tweeting from their dead relative/friend/whatever's account to say the person is dead.
Why do I get so many of these?? :o

Best way for me deal with musk is to cancel my account. Can’t say I miss it and I am enjoying the lack of anger/annoyance/frustration that came with it.

I had stopped using my account and changed the name to "deactivated" for quite a while, as I thought there was still a chance this could turn around down the road and I'd want to use my account again.

No way now though. This is headed to 4chan territory and no rehabilitation in sight. so actually deactivated my account this week.

Can we get BlueSky embeds enabled? Every little helps.

Its something to do with Bluesky being an open protocol or something. In either case, there's not enough traffic there yet. Threads would probably be a better Twitter alternative at this point.

Its something to do with Bluesky being an open protocol or something. In either case, there's not enough traffic there yet. Threads would probably be a better Twitter alternative at this point.
Threads hit 200m users recently did it not? Feel a little dirty rooting for a Zuck platform but I do hope it continues to grow and ideally siphon users away from Space Nazi Twitter.

Threads hit 200m users recently did it not? Feel a little dirty rooting for a Zuck platform but I do hope it continues to grow and ideally siphon users away from Space Nazi Twitter.
It still basically looks like the social media you get in a video game though.

Threads has about 1/3 the amount of Twitter's active users at the moment. The problem is Twitter continues to be seen as the defacto global square where most discuss timely topics. Until that changes, the other platforms are always going to be trailing at a distance.

So that sabre rattling about antitrust law might have had the desired effect?

A global advertiser alliance has discontinued its corporate responsibility program after a lawsuit from Elon Musk’s X accused the group of orchestrating a “massive advertiser boycott”.

The World Federation of Advertisers (WFA) told members on Thursday that it would shut down the Global Alliance for Responsible Media (Garm) following legal attacks from X, formerly Twitter, according to Business Insider, which first reported the news. Garm is a not-for-profit initiative within the WFA that helps brands avoid advertising alongside or monetizing harmful content.

A statement on Garm’s website reads: “GARM is a small, not-for-profit initiative, and recent allegations that unfortunately misconstrue its purpose and activities have caused a distraction and significantly drained its resources and finances. GARM therefore is making the difficult decision to discontinue its activities.”

My algorithms are so fecked. All I’m seeing at the moment are right wing dicks posting about how they can no longer access the UK police chat function from inside other countries, as it’s been spammed by 4chan.

Apparently it’s a free speech issue that people outside the UK can’t basically do hoax calls and waste police resources.

X is fecked, I need to just delete the app and forget about it.

My algorithms are so fecked. All I’m seeing at the moment are right wing dicks posting about how they can no longer access the UK police chat function from inside other countries, as it’s been spammed by 4chan.

Apparently it’s a free speech issue that people outside the UK can’t basically do hoax calls and waste police resources.

X is fecked, I need to just delete the app and forget about it.

Do it!

I had one last look at my feed before deactivating it the other day. Didn't notice any significant right wing stuff being pushed into my feed, apart from tweets from the man child himself. There's probably more right wing stuff in my Youtube feed, which always grates as I do like that platform. Anyway, it was probably only a matter of time before my timeline got fecked by the algorithm and my reason for deactivating it was more to do with the man child himself rather than my own personal experience of the platform.

I know. It’s useful for me because of the translate function. My girlfriend is from Slovenia so it’s way easier to keep up to date with news/sports than regular websites.

I probably should just learn the language after 10 years.

So I went on mine (barely use it) to check transfer news and holy shit what has happened to the for you section?

Literally flooded with right wing videos, tweets and awful bollocks.

I had one last look at my feed before deactivating it the other day. Didn't notice any significant right wing stuff being pushed into my feed, apart from tweets from the man child himself. There's probably more right wing stuff in my Youtube feed, which always grates as I do like that platform. Anyway, it was probably only a matter of time before my timeline got fecked by the algorithm and my reason for deactivating it was more to do with the man child himself rather than my own personal experience of the platform.
Ever since I switched off my search history on YouTube all the nonsense disappeared.

I know. It’s useful for me because of the translate function. My girlfriend is from Slovenia so it’s way easier to keep up to date with news/sports than regular websites.

I probably should just learn the language after 10 years.

Google chrome browser will automatically translate websites for you. Although why does your girlfriend being Slovenian make it difficult for you to find English language news?!

Elon has* made a positive** change*** to twitter****. You can now sort replies by "relevant", "recent", "likes".

*soon to be reversed:

**well, it's an improvement over the status quo of blue check AI and engagament and right-wing slop, but the old default sort was probably better. This is a consolation after about 43 own goals. Also he has threatened an absolute wasteland of a change where all replies will no longer be RT/QTable :lol:

***It's rolled out on the browser but not the app for me

****X the everything app

Twitter links here used to open up to my Twitter app. Now all the sudden they open up in a web browser and I can’t see replies because I’m not logged in on the web browser it opens to.

Thanks Elon