Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

"This reminds me of a book 1984 by George Orwell. No, I haven't read it, but I imagine this is what the book is like."

Tesla stock price was down another 12% yesterday following their deliveries report :drool:

It's gonna dip below 100 USD pretty soon.

As usual Bill Gates seems to have the last laugh.

4r7dqe1wiw9a1.jpg

Tesla stock price was down another 12% yesterday following their deliveries report :drool:

It's gonna dip below 100 USD pretty soon.

My father is still waiting for his Model Y produced in germany. It's been postponed for 10 months now. Ridiculous.

I mean, shouldn’t he be considered accountable in person, as the CEO for the laws and as the original instigator for the moral aspects, in regard to any Tesla autopilot car crash? He’s literally a serial killer!

Is there any way Tesla won't be bankrupt soon? I just can't see it otherwise, how does he revert this downward spiral?

I don't follow this much, but I have trouble understanding what's the way out for them.

Is there any way Tesla won't be bankrupt soon? I just can't see it otherwise, how does he revert this downward spiral?

I don't follow this much, but I have trouble understanding what's the way out for them.

they have a lot of cash so seems unlikely

they should fire Musk though before he does much more damage to the brand

they have a lot of cash so seems unlikely

they should fire Musk though before he does much more damage to the brand
Yeah, I understand little about corporate administration and such.

Didn't even know he could be fired.

It's just the impression of bits and pieces I keep reading. I find it hard to find an argument to invest on it given everything. Other brands keeping up, the duality of his antics vs his customer base, the way it seems a lot of the world is piling up on them (these crashes going viral, etc). And always assumed a perpetually falling stock would lead to the end of a comoany. So even if it goes to something ridiculous liek $10 per stock this only damages investors, i.e., the company itself can be workable because it has a large cash flow?

Yeah, I understand little about corporate administration and such.

Didn't even know he could be fired.

It's just the impression of bits and pieces I keep reading. I find it hard to find an argument to invest on it given everything. Other brands keeping up, the duality of his antics vs his customer base, the way it seems a lot of the world is piling up on them (these crashes going viral, etc). And always assumed a perpetually falling stock would lead to the end of a comoany. So even if it goes to something ridiculous liek $10 per stock this only damages investors, i.e., the company itself can be workable because it has a large cash flow?

one of the advantages of being public is it's super easy to raise cash to liquidate your company, whether thats to scale or pay operating costs

and despite all their issues they've built a global brand in an emerging sector and demand/sales are still high

but lets say the stock did crash to $10, a lot of people would see this as a great buy and invest so it's unlikely to crash further there.. there would be very strong support at those prices

and they could still raise~ $3bn USD at that price by diluting the stock a further 10%, not ideal but obviously better for investors than folding the company

they would probably do a raise off the back of firing Musk and bringing in fresh board members and competent CEO in such an emergency situation though

Leaked mine, but I've had that Gmail since Gmail was first a thing, so it's been part of about three thousand leaks by now. I guess Gmail has a really solid spam filter, because this is still my "daily" email, and I can't remember the last time something got through that shouldn't have.

Come to think of it, I also used to have just one password (or variants), and that was also part of untold leaks. These days I use a password manager, but it's incredible that I haven't been hacked more (or ever, as far as I know).

Leaked mine, but I've had that Gmail since Gmail was first a thing, so it's been part of about three thousand leaks by now. I guess Gmail has a really solid spam filter, because this is still my "daily" email, and I can't remember the last time something got through that shouldn't have.

Come to think of it, I also used to have just one password (or variants), and that was also part of untold leaks. These days I use a password manager, but it's incredible that I haven't been hacked more (or ever, as far as I know).
How’d you find out it was leaked?

How’d you find out it was leaked?

Firefox Monitor told me about it, but as I have a Twitter account I was kinda already assuming. If you're curious, just check https://haveibeenpwned.com/ (my email is listed in 21 data breaches and 1 pastebin)

My email being exposed basically means... nothing. As long as you don't use password123 as your password, it's basically never a problem.

Firefox Monitor told me about it, but as I have a Twitter account I was kinda already assuming. If you're curious, just check https://haveibeenpwned.com/ (my email is listed in 21 data breaches and 1 pastebin)

My email being exposed basically means... nothing. As long as you don't use password123 as your password, it's basically never a problem.
Thanks. My old gmail has been pwned, but not my current one.

If you’re using lastpass you’ve seen they got hacked, right?

Totally agree re gmail, their spam filter is incredible. Every now and I again I have a look in my junk folder and it’s mad how much it’s stopped.

Why they should go bankrupt? They are a very profitable company, and this year sold more cars than ever. Competition will catch up but there is room for many, and they still lead in certain levels (batteries for example).

It absolutely won’t go bankrupt and as company it is gonna grow. Its stock will likely continue going down though, because it was massively overvalued in the first place.

If you’re using lastpass you’ve seen they got hacked, right?

Totally agree re gmail, their spam filter is incredible. Every now and I again I have a look in my junk folder and it’s mad how much it’s stopped.

I didn't hear that Lastpass got hacked, but luckily I use Dashlane. I assume people's passwords are perfectly safe anyway, since they'd be encrypted, but I guess there's some information that always goes in these (email addresses and maybe actual addresses).

I didn't hear that Lastpass got hacked, but luckily I use Dashlane. I assume people's passwords are perfectly safe anyway, since they'd be encrypted, but I guess there's some information that always goes in these (email addresses and maybe actual addresses).

Yea I think they’ve said it was fairly surface level but still a little worrying and definitely worth changing the master password for those involved.

I just let my iPhone create and remember secure passwords for everything.

one of the advantages of being public is it's super easy to raise cash to liquidate your company, whether thats to scale or pay operating costs

and despite all their issues they've built a global brand in an emerging sector and demand/sales are still high

but lets say the stock did crash to $10, a lot of people would see this as a great buy and invest so it's unlikely to crash further there.. there would be very strong support at those prices

and they could still raise~ $3bn USD at that price by diluting the stock a further 10%, not ideal but obviously better for investors than folding the company

they would probably do a raise off the back of firing Musk and bringing in fresh board members and competent CEO in such an emergency situation though
OK thanks. I somehow thought a company once valued at 300b would eventually be lost at 30b value, for example. Such illiteracy.

Why they should go bankrupt? They are a very profitable company, and this year sold more cars than ever. Competition will catch up but there is room for many, and they still lead in certain levels (batteries for example).

It absolutely won’t go bankrupt and as company it is gonna grow. Its stock will likely continue going down though, because it was massively overvalued in the first place.
Well yeah, I kind of was asking the question because I don't understand much about it and it made sense in my head. I wasn't exactly expecting to be right, as I assumed I'd have seen that idea touted a lot more by the people who talk daily about this sort of stuff.

OK thanks. I somehow thought a company once valued at 300b would eventually be lost at 30b value, for example. Such illiteracy.

it would be in dire straits yes, but the price will rebound way higher than that based on their most recent set of financials

Not necessarily. For example during dotcom Cisco was valued at half a trillion (even more than Microsoft), then they lose 88% of value to roughly 50B. But the company fundamentals were very strong, and the reason for that crazy loss of value was cause it was crazy evaluated in the first place. Nowadays, they are evaluated at 200B and still a very strong company.

I find Tesla the Cisco of this crash (mentioned this analogy before). A company that is massively losing value while it improves in everything (revenue, units sold, profits, market share etc). I expect both of these things to continue for a while, the company making more money while losing more value.

Not necessarily. For example during dotcom Cisco was valued at half a trillion (even more than Microsoft), then they lose 88% of value to roughly 50B. But the company fundamentals were very strong, and the reason for that crazy loss of value was cause it was crazy evaluated in the first place. Nowadays, they are evaluated at 200B and still a very strong company.

I find Tesla the Cisco of this crash (mentioned this analogy before). A company that is massively losing value while it improves in everything (revenue, units sold, profits, market share etc). I expect both of these things to continue for a while, the company making more money while losing more value.

It makes sense. Actually what I was getting wrong was probably assuming, without even knowing numbers, that market share etc, would probably be showing signs of plateauing and possibly going down. Mostly based on one tweet saying new owners were flipping etc. I can understand that if that is not actually the case, there will be a bottom to the stocks and they will become an investment target again, I was just conflating stocks going down with people starting to show signs of getting away from Tesla. When you'd like something to happen, you just tend to believe it more easily.

It makes sense. Actually what I was getting wrong was probably assuming, without even knowing numbers, that market share etc, would probably be showing signs of plateauing and possibly going down. Mostly based on one tweet saying new owners were flipping etc. When you'd like something to happen, you just tend to believe it more easily.
It might be that their numbers will eventually go down, but right now this is not the case. They are increasing the production and are able to sell every car they can produce. Although, with other companies catching up, I expect that the margins will get lower (aka, the profit on every car sold). Still they have some advantages, with better batteries than others, the supercharger network, and autonomous driving (probably the third main actor after Waymo/Google and Cruise/GM).

I wouldn't touch the stock in any case though. They are still evaluated at twice the price of Toyota, while having profits less than half of Toyota, and selling less than 15% of what Toyota sells. Their stock has essentially been evaluated like a tech company, not a car one. With others catching, it will be evaluated as a car company, and even if it becomes the top car company (most profits), the current evaluation is twice as high as the current top car company in profits (Toyota).