"Easy Side of the Draw"

The bracket is extremely lopsided now, with the four best teams all on the same side of the bracket.

It's a damn shame that Germany and Spain have to face each other, and France and Portugal have to face each other, at the quarter-final stage, but that's tournament football in a nutshell. Same thing seems to happen in the Champions League every season now.

The bracket is extremely lopsided now, with the four best teams all on the same side of the bracket.

It's a damn shame that Germany and Spain have to face each other, and France and Portugal have to face each other, at the quarter-final stage, but that's tournament football in a nutshell. Same thing seems to happen in the Champions League every season now.
That penalty for Poland messed up the draw… big time. France also disappointed in the group stage.

If Portugal loses to France and Turkey beats the Netherlands, Turkey will go deeper than Portugal, a team to which it lost 0-3.

The upside to this is that we’re guaranteed 3 big matches before the final.

Last edited:
You lot are insane.

the absolute worst match of the R16, was between the so called BIG NAMES from the “Hard” side of the draw: France-Belgium

While the best and most memorable match was from the easy side of the draw: Austria-Turkey

Give me vintage end to end attacking football by lesser nations over the death by tactics and back passing of giants like France and England

Biggest shame is that Portugal and France can't both be eliminated. The way they play with all that talent is a crime against football (and humanity). I suppose France being eliminated by Spain and Portugal by Germany would have made it a bit better.

France and portugal on paper look fantastic ,I've been disappointed with both