Donald Trump - GUILTY!

Because of Liz Cheney's opening statement, they are working towards him never holding office again.

That would be grand, but how could they do that practically speaking? I don’t see anything happening to him at all, sadly.

His approval rating still hovers around the same level; there’s a rural constituency there. I don’t think he’s electable in normal fashion (but he would compete). There seems to be a lack of imagination on the side of the committee. Liz Cheney is impressive though. She’d be a great Republican candidate in another universe.

Where they need to go with this is a Netflix series in which Trump loses but succeeds in seizing power. He declares himself president for life. He cuddles up to dictators everywhere, leaves NATO, dismantles the Justice Department, the army and any remnants of environmental protection. He and Musk set up a Mars mission.

There is ardent opposition; violent repression, crises every week. America effectively becomes more totalitarian. Make it a Cliff-hanger, and keep the final, unbelievable, blockbuster episodes top secret….

Trump will run for office if he wants and this won't stop him. He was let off the moment they decided not to impeach.

Damn, I was going to say its almost satire at this point how you can know what Trump is going to say about certain things, and this seemed almost too perfect to be real.

Quite nice for him, was expecting “Hardly knew the woman, but took me to the cleaners for providing me with nothing”

Just drove through a good chunk of the US and I only saw two Trump signs the whole way. He's done.

Where in WI, because I can 100% say there are plenty of Trump flags/bumper stickers around.

Like I am supposed to know :lol:

It was hilly, maybe a little after Black River Falls?

I was expecting to see a lot of them so I was quite surprised

Like I am supposed to know :lol:

It was hilly, maybe a little after Black River Falls?

I was expecting to see a lot of them so I was quite surprised

I thought we established you were the American and I am the Canadian?:)
Sounds like you were on 94 and that area is interesting. Checked the internets to confirm my gut and that was solid blue country till 2016 and even then it only went 52% for Trump. Jumped to 56 in 2020. Just like WI is kind of a bellwether for American politics I think those rural areas are an indicator for WI. The polarization is real there and you can see how the GOP has driven the wedge perfectly. Those counties would likely benefit from Dem policies, but the use of social issues like abortion/crime/immigration (yes, immigration……..in Northern Wisconsin…) has effectively turned these people away from voting in their own best interests.