Donald Trump - GUILTY!

I don't think I've ever in my life seen so many people ride out for an individual so blatantly stupid and corrupt as Trump and be completely blinded by absolutely anything he says and does....even putting their own country that they claim to love repeatedly at risk.

I would have thought I'm used to it by now. But I still find it staggering. Not that I'm advocating murder or anything but this fecker really needs to shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue. I'm beginning to believe that even then the GOP would still be scared to condemn him and his followers would say he shouldn't be punished.

How did it get to this stage?

I don't think I've ever in my life seen so many people ride out for an individual so blatantly stupid and corrupt as Trump and be completely blinded by absolutely anything he says and does....even putting their own country that they claim to love repeatedly at risk.

I would have thought I'm used to it by now. But I still find it staggering. Not that I'm advocating murder or anything but this fecker really needs to shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue. I'm beginning to believe that even then the GOP would still be scared to condemn him and his followers would say he shouldn't be punished.

Large swaths of the country had these thoughts for decades. Obama's presidency broke them & Trump gave them an outlet. Repub politicians are now in fear of that solid base.

Like everything else with Trump, this is just so...stupid.

He broke the law, but all he had to do was give the documents back when the government asked for them, several times, and this would have been avoided.

Normal people do this, other politicians get caught with documents they shouldn't have, but they comply and hand them back(though of course, the documents Trump took were more serious as well), but not Trump, of course.

Ultimately power and money is what keeps the GOP in line

The ones already elected want to stay that way, going against Trump means they'd face a primary challenge, a challenge that they could lost so they don't risk it, that's why a lit of them say one thing in private but another thing in public

I am of the accord that he absolutely did something with them, but that seems much harder charge to prosecute. Obstruction of justice is far easier, especially with all the self incriminating statements Trump has uttered.

@calodo2003 your posts encouraged me to look a little deeper, so I’ve just reading the economists take on the Trump charges. I don’t think I’d realised quite how serious this is for him. He’s such a toxic mixture of conceit and arrogance (and stupidity).

Anyone surprised? Like, anyone on the planet surprised?

It's like any cult really. For some bizarre human reason, when more evidence of wrong doing is brought against a leader the zeal and loyalty increases. You can see it over on Newsmax. Even FOX news appear to be back on their knees for Trump.

Does anyone here actually believe Trump didn't share Top Secret information?

Be it intentionally and for money or unintentionally just by him bragging or being a fecking moron, he absolutely shared info. Also the $2 billion his wanker son in law got from the Saudi's is dodgy as hell too.

I'd actually be shocked if he DIDN'T share any info.
I don't see any other motivation for the lengths he went to keep and hide those documents. I don't think just his hubris is enough of a motivation.

I don't see any other motivation for the lengths he went to keep and hide those documents. I don't think just his hubris is enough of a motivation.

Money is his motivation

Over on Newscrack the comments sections are in defiant meltdown. They quite literally absorb everything Trump says as truth, and then repeat it back in the belief its their own rational idea. Really scary. If you ask someone to elaborate on their post linking evidence, you are met with silence. Its like Trump gives them enough to throw out the soundbites, slogans and one liners to people, but when you request something of more substance they just don't have it. Obviously that's because Trump is lying to them.

I had one guy write "The US Presidential Records Act supersedes anything the Democrats are saying about President Donald J Trump. The US Supreme Court has already spoken on the case. President Donald J Trump cannot be incarcerated for doing his job."

So I responded, kindly asking him to elaborate on his understanding of the Presidential Act and how it protects Trump, whilst reminding him that the act absolutely does not state that handing back the documents is a discussed process. It's an immediate requirement.

I was met with silence. I'm still not even sure what point he was trying to make. Maybe someone else on here can make sense of it.

Yeh same, he's very good at hiding behind the 'stupid' excuse. But its obvious really.

Large swaths of the country had these thoughts for decades. Obama's presidency broke them & Trump gave them an outlet. Repub politicians are now in fear of that solid base.
Ultimately power and money is what keeps the GOP in line

The ones already elected want to stay that way, going against Trump means they'd face a primary challenge, a challenge that they could lost so they don't risk it, that's why a lit of them say one thing in private but another thing in public
Is the partisanship that strong in the US that they won't call out blatant corruption and wrongdoing even when it is serious? Even after the impeachments, the gaffes, the Covid response, the taxes, the election false claims, Jan 6, the indictments, the GOP and his followers refuse to call him out on all that shit.

I just compare that to Boris who's practically finished as an MP over something as comparatively lowkey as the Covid parties and who was constantly held to account by all sides for his scandalous behaviour during his time as PM. The US political system needs to develop more of a backbone.

My mates keep just repeating the 'there's no proof yet' about him sharing secrets with other countries (for cash or bragging or whatever nefarious reason) and I'm begging them to come up with another explanation.

They're right that it isn't in the indictment so we've gotta wait and see but come the feck on.

My mates keep just repeating the 'there's no proof yet' about him sharing secrets with other countries (for cash or bragging or whatever nefarious reason) and I'm begging them to come up with another explanation.

They're right that it isn't in the indictment so we've gotta wait and see but come the feck on.

Isn’t it irrelevant? Even if he didn’t share with a single other country, there is enough in the indictment to put him away for the rest of his life.

Isn’t it irrelevant? Even if he didn’t share with a single other country, there is enough in the indictment to put him away for the rest of his life.

It is irrelevant, but it was part of the 'wonder why he did it' and they're demanding that I wait to find out who he sold them to before claiming that's exactly what he did.

I get we need evidence but the circumstantial stuff is all there. Tiresome when they were happy to accept the Hunter Biden laptop shit without any evidence at all in the interest of 'bOtH sIdEs ArE bAd'.

It is irrelevant, but it was part of the 'wonder why he did it' and they're demanding that I wait to find out who he sold them to before claiming that's exactly what he did.

I get we need evidence but the circumstantial stuff is all there. Tiresome when they were happy to accept the Hunter Biden laptop shit without any evidence at all in the interest of 'bOtH sIdEs ArE bAd'.

I think it’s fairly likely that he didn’t take it with a clear plan to share with a foreign country. Perhaps we would have done in the future, but I don’t think he plans like that. If he did, it wouldn’t be stored next to the crapper.

I think he took the documents because he is a very small man that needed an ego boost. It was just pure hubris, entitlement and stupidity. Still needs to be punished, of course.

Is the partisanship that strong in the US that they won't call out blatant corruption and wrongdoing even when it is serious? Even after the impeachments, the gaffes, the Covid response, the taxes, the election false claims, Jan 6, the indictments, the GOP and his followers refuse to call him out on all that shit.

I just compare that to Boris who's practically finished as an MP over something as comparatively lowkey as the Covid parties and who was constantly held to account by all sides for his scandalous behaviour during his time as PM. The US political system needs to develop more of a backbone.
Yes, the partisanship is that strong. They have deified him to such a degree that he is without flaw or fault.

I think it’s fairly likely that he didn’t take it with a clear plan to share with a foreign country. Perhaps we would have done in the future, but I don’t think he plans like that. If he did, it wouldn’t be stored next to the crapper.

I think he took the documents because he is a very small man that needed an ego boost. It was just pure hubris, entitlement and stupidity. Still needs to be punished, of course.

It’s quite likely he didn’t share them but then you’d have to explain the likes of Kushner getting his 2 billion.

I don’t doubt to some people he was just showing off, as per the transcript with the reporters in the indictment but the nature of what he had, who might want what he had and then the money flowing into him and his immediate family whilst this was happening surely shows only one explanation.

He is stupid and egotistical but he’s clever enough to know what he could sell to who with this stuff.

As for storing them by the crapper. He’s a lazy slob and his employees are idiots so they just lobbed them wherever they had space.

It’s quite likely he didn’t share them but then you’d have to explain the likes of Kushner getting his 2 billion.

I don’t doubt to some people he was just showing off, as per the transcript with the reporters in the indictment but the nature of what he had, who might want what he had and then the money flowing into him and his immediate family whilst this was happening surely shows only one explanation.

He is stupid and egotistical but he’s clever enough to know what he could sell to who with this stuff.

As for storing them by the crapper. He’s a lazy slob and his employees are idiots so they just lobbed them wherever they had space.

True. I guess the main thing is that there is enough criminality in what he did even without anything conclusive on the foreign connections (yet). It’s not needed for a successful case against him.

If people are arguing that there is no smoking gun, they are just plain idiots.

He's not evaded charges for the past 40 years from being this stupid. The people around him go to jail, not him, that's how its always worked, that's the deal, always one step removed.

This however, all leads directly back to him, he can't pin it on anyone else, there's no fall guy this time. He will know full well the seriousness of what he's done, no shadow of a doubt, yet he did it anyway. Someone has his balls in a vice.

Over on Newscrack the comments sections are in defiant meltdown. They quite literally absorb everything Trump says as truth, and then repeat it back in the belief its their own rational idea. Really scary. If you ask someone to elaborate on their post linking evidence, you are met with silence. Its like Trump gives them enough to throw out the soundbites, slogans and one liners to people, but when you request something of more substance they just don't have it. Obviously that's because Trump is lying to them.

I had one guy write "The US Presidential Records Act supersedes anything the Democrats are saying about President Donald J Trump. The US Supreme Court has already spoken on the case. President Donald J Trump cannot be incarcerated for doing his job."

So I responded, kindly asking him to elaborate on his understanding of the Presidential Act and how it protects Trump, whilst reminding him that the act absolutely does not state that handing back the documents is a discussed process. It's an immediate requirement.

I was met with silence. I'm still not even sure what point he was trying to make. Maybe someone else on here can make sense of it.
You answered your own question, they quite literally absorb everything Trump says as truth - what the law says doesn't matter, the Orange mans says this

The short answer is yes, but it's more than just the political system, a lot of people think this way

You answered your own question, they quite literally absorb everything Trump says as truth - what the law says doesn't matter, the Orange mans says this

Yeah I guess I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how irrelevant truth is. It's like it's just a meaningless concept only there as a sort of vague guideline. It's a totally unsustainable social model though. I'm not saying we're all saints here, but the truth is kinda central to our existence, bar the odd white lie here and there.

Yeah I guess I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how irrelevant truth is. It's like it's just a meaningless concept only there as a sort of vague guideline. It's a totally unsustainable social model though. I'm not saying we're all saints here, but the truth is kinda central to our existence, bar the odd white lie here and there.
That's because you're a normal person, Trump is a cult, but as has already been pointed out a lot of Americans have thought this way for a very long time, he's just the current catalyst

Yeah, we are decidedly post truth over here.

Do yourself a favour and find a better circle of friends :lol:

That's because you're a normal person, Trump is a cult, but as has already been pointed out a lot of Americans have thought this way for a very long time, he's just the current catalyst
The tender cues towards cultism definitely is strong here. I blame the education system & media for people that don’t know how to question things.