Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
2 weeks from now we will be discussing communications Giulianni had with Ukraine's President's top aide as he encouraged him to come forward and dispute the testimonies.

We said this would happen as soon as Trump said the transcripts were doctored. They were never going to get the people to agree that they were doctored as it's too easy to disprove. Here's their next best thing.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Solid tactic from Schiff here in his opening statement.

He's going in hard on Mulvaney using his ridiculous statements as the core evidence. I think he want's to provoke Trump into humiliating and firing Mulvaney in the hope that Mulvaney flips on Trump.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
2 weeks from now we will be discussing communications Giulianni had with Ukraine's President's top aide as he encouraged him to come forward and dispute the testimonies.

We said this would happen as soon as Trump said the transcripts were doctored. They were never going to get the people to agree that they were doctored as it's too easy to disprove. Here's their next best thing.
Someone is going to take the fall for this and it 99% won't be Trump... Unfortunately. Giuliani seems to be the most logical fall guy because it's clear the WH is doing nothing to help him and only disputing Trump's connections to the arrested henchmen. In a way you wonder if the Roger Stone trial bombshells against the President can't be used to open a secondary inquiry. Hit him from all sides.

Raulduke

Nunes predictably just attacking the process and Schiff, no attempt to address any of the accusations.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Nunes predictably just attacking the process and Schiff, no attempt to address any of the accusations.
And make it seem like just another part of Mueller case which of course was a nothing burger. Despite it literally being based on a call after that case was finished.

How you could sit near Nunes and not punch him in the face is beyond me. What a disaster of a human.

Redplane

And make it seem like just another part of Mueller case which of course was a nothing burger. Despite it literally being based on a call after that case was finished.

How you could sit near Nunes and not punch him in the face is beyond me. What a disaster of a human.
Nunes makes Ted Cruz a likeable guy for me. Given his own shady dealings I don't quite understand why he hasn't been investigated in his own state for those things yet.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I sometimes wonder what credibility the Republicans will have in the future when/if the shoe is ever on the other foot?

ChaddyP

Why is anyone bothering with this? We all know he'll get away with it. Seems like a waste of effort.
Its basically a censure on steroids. He will get enough votes to remain in office but atleast there is some sort of checks on his antics. I guess thats the whole point

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I sometimes wonder what credibility the Republicans will have in the future when/if the shoe is ever on the other foot?
They won't care - hypocrisy doesn't bother them.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They won't care - hypocrisy doesn't bother them.
I guess so but it will forever be etched in history so they will not be allowed to forget. Just imagine if this was Obama doing half of what Trump has done. The GOP would be apoplectic with rage right now.

roseguy64

Why is anyone bothering with this? We all know he'll get away with it. Seems like a waste of effort.
For precedent. Would look absolutely awful if they want to put rules in place/impeach someone in the future and they didn't bother targeting Trump at least once.

Amarsdd

I guess so but it will forever be etched in history so they will not be allowed to forget. Just imagine if this was Obama doing half of what Trump has done. The GOP would be apoplectic with rage right now.
Unfortunately, that won't be the case. The population they care about have no idea what's going on or have been misinformed. And they have the Fox news and other right wing outlets to brainwash some who know even a bit about what's going on.

Amarsdd

For precedent. Would look absolutely awful if they want to put rules in place/impeach someone in the future and they didn't bother targeting Trump at least once.
They don't and have not given two sh*ts about that for a long time now.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Unfortunately, that won't be the case. The population they care about have no idea what's going on or have been misinformed. And they have the Fox news and other right wing outlets to brainwash some who know even a bit about what's going on.
Yeah I know but I'm referring specifically to Congress who now have precedents with all the dodgy practices the GOP have now perpetuated.

Redplane

They re not even attempting to hide things anymore. At least daytime Fox was still balanced at times. Not anymore it seems. We re truly going through our own version medieval royal family style behavioral times by Trump and his yes men and women. It's surprising in a way Trump hasnt ordered any beheadings yet.

redtilded121

they will conveniently forget their own dubious tactics and scream faux moral outrage just as they did with the senate nominations blocking the democrat for over a year and resenting the same tactic when applied to them.

Redplane

Lindsey Graham is acting like Trump's spin doctor/b*tch
Russia, if you re listening. Find those Lindsay Graham tapes. ...at least that's what the Rs are saying they are cool with.

Only explanation. Someone has some serious shit on the guy and given his long rumored sexual orientation it's not hard to figure out what that would be and how easy it probably would be for anyone to use that as leverage against him. You don't go from being one of the few to consistently and openly critique Trump to do a complete and utter 180 otherwise.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Don't know if people are watching on C-SPAN but the Republican who was just interviewed is doubling down as expected.

It's going to be tough listening to them spout bullshit but it shows the sheer partisan divide between the sides of the aisle.

Amarsdd

I still find it unbelievable that someone at that position and at that stage is allowed to speak complete lies like Nunes is doing.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Nunes is hilariously attempting to speak in a similar cadence to Schiff.
He's completely out of his depth.

This isn't like the Mueller hearings where they are interviewing their colleagues and have aligned their questioning and stories before hand. They're independent career diplomats who are here with the intention that the truth reigns.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Why do we have a society where these complete specimens are in charge

Status
Not open for further replies.