Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden should sue the shit out of Trump for slander. US laws aren’t as tough as UK ones about that stuff, but calling someone corrupt like Trump has should be more than enough.

Biden is at his best imho when he can talk off the cuff:

Strong stuff from Biden.

......”the most corrupt President in modern history. He is the definition of corruption”.

“....this is the guy who’s unhinged. This guy is unhinged”.

Dread to think what Trump’s tweets will be like today, but Biden going on the offensive might be a good idea.

Out of interest what happens if an impeachment process is successful and the President is removed or steps down, who minds the shop? Does the VP step up, is there and automatic election process, or do the Democrats automatically take over the presidency and if so how do they nominate their own President?

Forgive my ignorance on these matters, only it seems we might have something similar happening over here if Boris defies Parliament and then refuses to fall on his sword? I've no idea what that would mean for the UK, but what happens in the US might be a guide?

Out of interest what happens if an impeachment process is successful and the President is removed or steps down, who minds the shop? Does the VP step up, is there and automatic election process, or do the Democrats automatically take over the presidency and if so how do they nominate their own President?

Forgive my ignorance on these matters, only it seems we might have something similar happening over here if Boris defies Parliament and then refuses to fall on his sword? I've no idea what that would mean for the UK, but what happens in the US might be a guide?
There’s an order of succession, so it will be VP (Pence) to Speaker of the House ( Pelosi) to Sec State (Pompeo) and keep on going down to other Cabinet members.

There’s an order of succession, so it will be VP (Pence) to Speaker of the House ( Pelosi) to Sec State (Pompeo) and keep on going down to other Cabinet members.
And if we it turns out the entire country is guilty then it goes back to the Queen, I believe.

OK Thanks!

Don't think we have an official 'Vice- PM', so presumably if it followed the US process it would be Speaker Bercow who wears the crown (metaphorically speaking)… that would set the cat amongst the pigeons!

I'm always amazed how someone who lies as frequently as Trump is sooo bad at it.

You can get away with it as long as you have a hopelessly gullible audience willing to believe anything and propaganda vehicles to relentlessly push the lies (Fox, talk radio, and Twitter).

The UK has no formal procedure for this, unlike the US.

I'm always amazed how someone who lies as frequently as Trump is sooo bad at it.
he's been immune to the consequences of lying badly all his life, so he has had no reason to be good at it.

You can get away with it as long as you have a hopelessly gullible audience willing to believe anything and propaganda vehicles to relentlessly push the lies (Fox, talk radio, and Twitter).

Another big factor is the fact he has plenty of powerful people either in the executive branch, congress on the media who are perfectly wise to his lies and more than happy to either turn a blind eye or, worse still, back him up and help propagate his lies as facts.

Can't remember, think might have been Vox, but there was a prescient article about how this is the GOP's plan: make the Presidency, House and Senate incapable of doing anything, but stack the courts to whom all decisions will eventually fall.

It's really smart considering they'll likely never win a popular vote again, given the demographic shift. (e.g. 67% of recently polled first-time voters in Arizona will be voting Dem)

So they're trying to create a governance system where the unelected, 9 person supreme court (that they stack) is the ultimate arbiter of America, regardless of (potentially) having a democratic 'loss' of 10 million votes.

Another big factor is the fact he has plenty of powerful people either in the executive branch, congress on the media who are perfectly wise to his lies and more than happy to either turn a blind eye or, worse still, back him up and help propagate his lies as facts.

To me that’s part of the propaganda bit. As long as he can use Fox and Twitter to control the GOP base, the politicians who rely on that same base will remain in his back pocket. If Murdoch jumps off the ship (which appears to be beginning to happen lately), Trump’s numbers will dip into the mid 30’s and the politicians who support him will to protect their own political interests, gradually jump off the train. At that point the end will be imminent.

he's been immune to the consequences of lying badly all his life, so he has had no reason to be good at it.

True. If you never have to face any consequences and you have enough people who believe you even if you say the sky is green, while you can see the blue sky in the background, you probably don't even bother with making sense anymore or watch what you are saying.

To me that’s part of the propaganda bit. As long as he can use Fox and Twitter to control the GOP base, the politicians who rely on that same base will remain in his back pocket. If Murdoch jumps off the ship (which appears to be beginning to happen lately), Trump’s numbers will dip into the mid 30’s and the politicians who support him will to protect their own political interests, gradually jump off the train. At that point the end will be imminent.

Murdoch can read the Map as well as anyone.

I love how he is basically a dominatrix for all republicans. Fall outta line and you get spanked :lol:

Can't remember, think might have been Vox, but there was a prescient article about how this is the GOP's plan: make the Presidency, House and Senate incapable of doing anything, but stack the courts to whom all decisions will eventually fall.

It's really smart considering they'll likely never win a popular vote again, given the demographic shift. (e.g. 67% of recently polled first-time voters in Arizona will be voting Dem)

So they're trying to create a governance system where the unelected, 9 person supreme court (that they stack) is the ultimate arbiter of America, regardless of (potentially) having a democratic 'loss' of 10 million votes.

They've been playing the long game for years.

Ermmmm who is the most disposable?....

Rick...

K....

Feck him...

It was all his idea and fault.. Don't worry I've admitted it to the world, they will forget...

Just blame Rick... They hate him anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.