Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, in a tweet bemoaning what he claims to be an incorrect accusation of poor spelling, he spelt "described" wrong.

Trump said:
Sounding more and more like the so-called Whistleblower isn’t a Whistleblower at all. In fact, HE doesn't even own A whistle! Infamy, infamy etc!

Hypothetically: I think, if accumulated evidence is damning enough, he'll be told to exit quietly...or else. Then he'd walk off claiming that 'everyone's against me' while setting his lucrative TrumpTV plan in motion. Best outcome we can hope for, IMO.

It would need to be pretty bad for him to agree to something like this since leaving the presidency would create more legal exposure for him based on everything that transpired in the Mueller investigation and in this new one. Remaining President allows him to shield himself from prosecution - leaving would make him extremely vulnerable. I doubt Pence would pardon him either.

These are the kind of tweets I'd expect Bill Murray's 'Carl Spackler' from Caddyshack to write.

It would need to be pretty bad for him to agree to something like this since leaving the presidency would create more legal exposure for him based on everything that transpired in the Mueller investigation and in this new one. Remaining President allows him to shield himself from prosecution - leaving would make him extremely vulnerable. I doubt Pence would pardon him either.

He is really dumb though.

So many people want to see him fall and fall hard
Conversely, there are a great number of extremely powerful people including the Attorney General, who knew they were witnessing criminal behavior and took it upon themselves to prevent this from being discovered.

That's probably the funniest part of all this. Trump, then and now, doesn't see anything wrong with what he did. It was the people around him, trying to protect him from himself, that made this. Hopefully they pay the full price too.

But he can count to potato.

Why is he saying Schiff got caught lying? Just rambling or?
https://www.newsweek.com/adam-schif...-whistleblower-complaint-ukraine-call-1461579

"This is the essence of what the president communicates," Schiff said: "We've been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what, I don't see much reciprocity here."

"I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you, though and I'm gonna say this only seven times, so you better listen good," Schiff continued, parodying Trump. "I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand? Lots of it... on this and on that."

"I'm gonna put you in touch with people and not just any people. I'm gonna put you in touch with the Attorney General of the United States...Bill Barr. He's got the whole weight of the American law enforcement behind him and I'm gonna put you in touch with Rudy. You're gonna love him, trust me," he said. "You know what I'm asking, so I'm only going to say this a few more times in a few more ways. And by the way, don't call me again; I'll call you when you've done what I asked."

Closing out his pastiche, Schiff said: "This is in sum and character what the president was trying to communicate with the president of Ukraine."

Faux outrage, par for the course. The easy response is the longtime GOP line to justify everything Trump says - "take him seriously but not literally"

Last edited:
I wish he'd play more golf.

If would be pretty cool if Pelosi slithered herself up to the presidency. Not because I'm a fan of her, but just to see some Republican heads explode.

If would be pretty cool if Pelosi slithered herself up to the presidency. Not because I'm a fan of her, but just to see some Republican heads explode.

It’d be hilarious, but it’d feed into their coup narrative a bit too neatly.

It’d be hilarious, but it’d feed into their coup narrative a bit too neatly.
Meh who cares what they think. These are the same people who think Obama and CNN are communist Muslim sympathizers, and no exaggeration to it either.

Guardian said:
White House officials acknowledge use of separate system to store Ukraine call transcript

A senior White House official acknowledged to CNN that the Trump administration has previously used a separate classified system to house important documents, including the transcript of the president’s Ukraine call.

Status
Not open for further replies.