Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

Alli has scored more goals and made more assists than Martial since both players entered the Prem 1.5 seasons ago, despite playing in CM for some of this time, but don't let these minor stats cloud your judgement.

However, Martial will potentially cost more than 10 times than Alli, so I guess the former must by definition be "easily more talented".
Why take only the PL into account? Just because it suits the statistics you want to put forth?

Alli has been pretty dire himself until 2-3 games back. His 5 goals in 3 games have suddenly padded his numbers but don't think the performances before them were any better than Martial's for us. Both have had poorer second seasons so far but Martial's injuries have also played a part in disrupting his rhythm. I think in 3-4 games, with us hitting our strides, Martial's numbers would also improve. As things stand, I don't see how anyone feels Alli has been better this season.

Quick question, you have all of these world beaters, the best young player in the PL in Martial, the best midfield player in the world in Pogba, the best centre forward in the world in Zlatan, the worlds best keeper in DDG, the worlds best up and coming CB in Bailly, the best manager in the world, the best squad in the PL.

Is it all Fellaini's fault that you are just in a dogfight for 4th with other clubs who don't even have good players?

I think right now Alli is the better player but it's clear that Martial's ceiling is a lot higher.

Quick question, you have all of these world beaters, the best young player in the PL in Martial, the best midfield player in the world in Pogba, the best centre forward in the world in Zlatan, the worlds best keeper in DDG, the worlds best up and coming CB in Bailly, the best manager in the world, the best squad in the PL.

Is it all Fellaini's fault that you are just in a dogfight for 4th with other clubs who don't even have good players?
Like the way you deflect. Let me give it a try. Aren't you the only team to finish third while being a part of a 2-dog race for the PL title? That was brilliant, wasn't it?

Yes because a player of 20-21 should be the finished article. Brilliant insight there.

I didn't say he should be the finished article, I asked when his world superstardom and Avalanche of goals will start.

For the record I think he's a very good player.

I didn't say he should be the finished article, I asked when his world superstardom and Avalanche of goals will start.

For the record I think he's a very good player.
For the record, I think Alli is a good player too. Just not as good as Martial. Hope that makes my stand clear.

Alli has scored more goals and made more assists than Martial since both players entered the Prem 1.5 seasons ago, despite playing in CM for some of this time, but don't let these minor stats cloud your judgement.

However, Martial will potentially cost more than 10 times than Alli, so I guess the former must by definition be "easily more talented".
Like I said in the other thread, Lampard outscored Iniesta by massive margins during their careers, and it's obvious who the greater player was. Obviously you aren't capable of looking past the numbers as that's what suits you.

Anyone who has watched both of them play wouldn't take long in concluding on who's more talented. Alli is great to get the end product in a team where the bulk of the attacking is being done by the rest whereas Martial at his best can singlehandedly take a defense apart and be the main man in the attack. He's a lot tougher to defend against than Alli.

Like the way you deflect. Let me give it a try. Aren't you the only team to finish third while being a part of a 2-dog race for the PL title? That was brilliant, wasn't it?

Actually we finished 3rd in a 20 horse race, and if you look at the facts we were 4th at this stage last season and only emerged into 2nd later on when everybody else was falling away.

Anyway do you want to answer my question?

With the leagues best young player, the best midfield player in the world, the best CF in the world, the best GK in the world, the best up and coming CB in the world, the best manager in the world and the best squad in the league why are you only in a dogfight for 4th with clubs like Spurs who have only a fraction of your budget?

I didn't say he was a player just in rich vein of form. I am saying he has, like many before him, had a second season syndrome where they find it a little bit tougher. Same goes for Martial but that does not mean they are poor players. Young players always go through these rough levels where their standards drop a bit. Martial too had an amazing season last time around, better than Alli's yet you will get plenty on here who are ready to shoot him down.

I've just told you that in this 2nd season he's already scored almost as many goals as last season (1 shy) - there's little evidence of "2nd season syndrome" in this. In fact he's certain to well exceed last season's goal total.

Like I said in the other thread, Lampard outscored Iniesta by massive margins during their careers, and it's obvious who the greater player was. Obviously you aren't capable of looking past the numbers as that's what suits you.

Anyone who has watched both of them play wouldn't take long in concluding on who's more talented. Alli is great to get the end product in a team where the bulk of the attacking is being done by the rest whereas Martial at his best can singlehandedly take a defense apart and be the main man in the attack. He's a lot tougher to defend against than Alli.

Lol ... Alli scores more goals and makes more assists, yet Martial is "tougher to defend against". Do you even hear yourself?

Moreover, All has played in CM for some games ... and yet he's still scored more goals than Martial.

And if all Alli does is "get the end product where the bulk of the attacking is being done by the rest", how do you account for his assists?

With the leagues best young player, the best midfield player in the world, the best CF in the world, the best GK in the world, the best up and coming CB in the world, the best manager in the world and the best squad in the league why are you only in a dogfight for 4th with clubs like Spurs who have only a fraction of your budget?

:lol:

Actually we finished 3rd in a 20 horse race, and if you look at the facts we were 4th at this stage last season and only emerged into 2nd later on when everybody else was falling away.

Because in the actual world, teams sometimes have a run of poor results which cost them despite playing well.

Edit: You guys were the only real challengers to Leicester and yet you lot bottled it enough to finish third behind Arsenal. :lol:

Last edited:

Still had a better season than you last year.

We won a trophy.

You qualified for the CL and got stuffed.

Why are you trying to be @GlastonSpur ?

I can't understand why you log on here every day just to argue with Manchester United supporters. It's weird.

I've just told you that in this 2nd season he's already scored almost as many goals as last season (1 shy) - there's little evidence of "2nd season syndrome" in this. In fact he's certain to well exceed last season's goal total.
If it is only numbers you live by, then Zlatan is way better than your precious Kane. Would you care to admit that?

EDIT: I won't even go into Dembele's stats as that would be embarrassing for him.

Lol ... Alli scores more goals and makes more assists, yet Martial is "tougher to defend against". Do you even hear yourself?

Moreover, All has played in CM for some games ... and yet he's still scored more goals than Martial.

And if all Alli does is "get the end product where the bulk of the attacking is being done by the rest", how do you account for his assists?
Alli does not score or assist more. Stop this bollocks. Alli's tally last season was well below Martial's. Don't pick and choose competitions to suit your metrics.

Ali doesn't score more goals.
Martial has 22 Utd goals in 67 games. Ali has 19 goals for Spurs in 70 games.

Ali doesn't score more goals.
Martial has 22 Utd goals in 67 games. Ali has 19 goals for Spurs in 70 game.
But..but..but.. @GlastonSpur is the only one who decides which competitions we need to consider. Else the comparison would become fair and we cannot let that happen.

For once it seems like its not the Spurs fans derailing a thread.

Alli is an amazing talent and already a bloody good player. What does Martial have to do with it?

I sense an element of bitterness from some. If we had signed him from league 1 and he had performed like he has done for spurs so far, we'd all be talking about him as a certainty to be a world class player.

In saying that, I can't stand him as he seems like the kind to pick fights on camera but would get absolutely smashed in if it really came down to it.

Suarez first season in pl his contribution was 11 goals and 3 assists in 2557 mins whereas Welbeck's (at ManUtd) was 9 goals and 4 assists in 2018 mins, not to mention their age difference but everyone knows who was more talented.

For you and other worse copy of you, (at least as per you both) Spurs have best full backs, best CB combination with by far the best CB in tiger league, Best Box to box player, one of the best DM, one of the best creative player, best striker and the best manager who will be tempted only by Madrid. How come did feck all in 2 years and failed to win even a single cup.

For once it seems like its not the Spurs fans derailing a thread.

Alli is an amazing talent and already a bloody good player. What does Martial have to do with it?

I sense an element of bitterness from some. If we had signed him from league 1 and he had performed like he has done for spurs so far, we'd all be talking about him as a certainty to be a world class player.

In saying that, I can't stand him as he seems like the kind to pick fights on camera but would get absolutely smashed in if it really came down to it.
You should read the posts more clearly to know who has been derailing the thread. As for Alli/Martial, obviously there will be comparisons made as both are talented young players.

If it is only numbers you live by, then Zlatan is way better than your precious Kane. Would you care to admit that?

EDIT: I won't even go into Dembele's stats as that would be embarrassing for him.

Don't worry he will ignore that. I have said many times and he will just ignore it. As per his logic lingard had better season than Dembele. Anyways Lingard contributed to winning cup.

Apologies I forgot that Martial plays for Utd and therefore had to take the mantle, just ahead of Rashford.
No, it's just that Martial is much more gifted than Ali. Ali is more developed I suppose and hence there's a bit more consistency to his game, but in terms of natural talent, martial is truly special whereas Ali is very good. That doesn't mean that Ali can't have the better career of course but if Martial fulfills his potential he won't end up a better player.

There's plenty of players who develop quicker than others but end up as inferior (albiet still being fantastic themselves).

Also I do think Ali is a bigger talent than Rashford.

I think hes a fairly average forward, gonna have to start scoring a lot more regularly there to be deemed "world class". Personally I think, much like young Gerrard, he should be being coached to be a top class box to box CM, not pandered to as a forward. I reckon Fergie wouldn't have played him up front.

No, it's just that Martial is much more gifted than Ali. Ali is more developed I suppose and hence there's a bit more consistency to his game, but in terms of natural talent, martial is truly special whereas Ali is very good. That doesn't mean that Ali can't have the better career of course but if Martial fulfills his potential he won't end up a better player.

There's plenty of players who develop quicker than others but end up as inferior (albiet still being fantastic themselves).

Also I do think Ali is a bigger talent than Rashford.
I'm sorry but I don't see that. They're equal talents for me.

Alli has a gift of a great first touch which always makes him seem like he's always got time on the ball. That's a gift that only the truly top players have. When you bring his movement and finishing into it, it's absolutely clear to see he's a top talent.

To say he's a very good talent is an understatement. We're talking about a kid who came from league one and bossed this league last season showing maturity beyond his years in the process.

You look to antagonise with every post, not join in with discussion.

If you call not bowing down in agreement antagonising then you are quite correct.

On the other hand it could just be called sometimes having an alternative point of view.

IMHO I asked a poster a perfectly valid question based on what I read, mainly in the Spurs or top 4 thread.

Not when spurs will be asking £70m for him come summer

We won't be selling him in the Summer, he's still hot 5 1/2 years on his contract.

The reason why we have been signing all of our players up on long term deals is to keep them together through the stadium costs, thus requiring a smaller transfer budget.

If you call not bowing down in agreement antagonising then you are quite correct.

On the other hand it could just be called sometimes having an alternative point of view.

IMHO I asked a poster a perfectly valid question based on what I read, mainly in the Spurs or top 4 thread.

"Quick question, you have all of these world beaters, the best young player in the PL in Martial, the best midfield player in the world in Pogba, the best centre forward in the world in Zlatan, the worlds best keeper in DDG, the worlds best up and coming CB in Bailly, the best manager in the world, the best squad in the PL."

That's antagonistic and a waste of everybody's time. If this forum is so stupid and biased then you'd be better served getting on your bike.

I thought I asked a perfectly reasonable question?
You asked it in a thread which had no such discussion going on. In any case, we are just 4 points off third with half the season yet to play. Not sure why you are worrying about league positions now seeing that so much has changed during the first half itself.

We won't be selling him in the Summer, he's still hot 5 1/2 years on his contract.

The reason why we have been signing all of our players up on long term deals is to keep them together through the stadium costs, thus requiring a smaller transfer budget.

So none of them will get their heads turned and force a move? Contracts mean very little, just means you'll get a good fee. Spurs are a selling club after all and what if the new stadium build costs more than anticipated? Construction costs often spiral.

I'm sorry but I don't see that. They're equal talents for me.

Alli has a gift of a great first touch which always makes him seem like he's always got time on the ball. That's a gift that only the truly top players have. When you bring his movement and finishing into it, it's absolutely clear to see he's a top talent.

To say he's a very good talent is an understatement. We're talking about a kid who came from league one and bossed this league last season showing maturity beyond his years in the process.
Bossed this league? He had a good first year but the hype surrounding that was mind boggling especially considering that Martial had a better first season coming in from a different league in a different country.

You asked it in a thread which had no such discussion going on. In any case, we are just 4 points off third with half the season yet to play. Not sure why you are worrying about league positions now seeing that so much has changed during the first half itself.

They don't see the irony in that question.

I don't see Alli and Kane sitting tight for 5 years unless you start to challenge at the top and in Europe.