Decades Chain Draft

BIG DUNK

Tank

Start
Mustard10-14L. MessiL. ModricV. VoroninP. JenningsR. RensenbrinkA. ChivadzeM. Amoros
Michael95-99RonaldoA. NestaR. FerdinandB. SchweinsteigerJ. OblakJ. JohnstoneR. Dzodzuashvili
Physio65-69PeleW. OverathT. CubillasM. BossisP. McGrathJ. ChilavertG. Batistuta
GSTQ65-69EusebioB. MooreR. KrolK. DalglishP. ElkjaerM. DesaillyF. Cannavaro
NM70-74J. CruyffD. PassarellaSocratesM. Preud'hommeP. VierchowoodB. LizarazuA. Shevchenko
General80-84M. PlatiniA. BrehmeH. StoichkovP. MaldiniG. SilvaR. CarvalhoE. Cavani
Beam75-79O. BlokhinG. ScireaM. van BastenM. LaudrupF. RedondoS. CañizaresN. Vidić
Edgar15-19K. De BruyneB. CharltonC. AlbertoA. CabriniA. HansenKh Forster
Enigma10-14C. RonaldoD. GodinD. LawB. VogtsU. FillolM. TardelliR. Bratseth
Sjor75-79E. FigueroaK-H. RummeniggeR. GullitR. BaggioCafuP. VieiraP. Scholes
H-Man65-69G. BestG. FacchettiP. BreitnerZ. BoniekV. BezsonovRomarioD. Bergkamp
Big Dunk70-74F. BeckenbauerFalcaoJ. TiganaG. BergomiD. IrwinL. FigoS. CampbellD. Villa
Gio80-84ZicoF. RijkaardJ. KohlerR. KeaneJ. ZanettiT. HenryD. SilvaK. Benzema
Lord S.70-74G. MullerA. SimonsenG. SounessA. DemyanenkoD. PetrescuM. Rui CostaO. CórdobaRonaldinho
Crappy65-69D. DzajicH. ChumpitazJ. NeeskensB. RobsonR. DasayevA. CostacurtaZ. ZidaneR. Carlos
Isotope85-89F. BaresiL. MatthäusL. ThuramP. NedvedA. ColeXaviG. OchoaA. Shesternyov

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Woah, thats a twisted rule. Let me see if it opens up any avenues for me.
Whenever you read draft rules, think first about the scope for hidden gems. Early retirement from international football was an obvious one to make a quick list of names, temporary exclusion for blackmail of a teammate was a bit less obvious.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That’s pretty shite. The rule mentioned ‘play for NT’. It doesn’t say anything about being tied to certain NT.

I mean. If a player scored a goal, even in friendly, does it not count as a goal playing for NT??

Playing in friendly doesn’t count as NT cap??

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
lets say in 65-69 Di Stefano played for River, Real, Argentina and Spain - all those teams are then blocked for you.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Whenever you read draft rules, think first about the scope for hidden gems. Early retirement from international football was an obvious one to make a quick list of names, temporary exclusion for blackmail of a teammate was a bit less obvious.
Damn, I could have picked Schuster. Wanted him so badly but didn't want to use up the German quota :(

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
That’s pretty shite. The rule mentioned ‘play for NT’. It doesn’t say anything about being tied to certain NT.

I mean. If a player scored a goal, even in friendly, does it not count as a goal playing for NT??

Playing in friendly doesn’t count as NT cap??
Fine in "modern" times but potentially plenty of shady grey area in 60s and 70s so to avoid confusion and discussion i just decided for official games. Plus i fecking hate friendlies.

antohan

Fine in "modern" times but potentially plenty of shady grey area in 60s and 70s so to avoid confusion and discussion i just decided for official games. Plus i fecking hate friendlies.
Yeah, I can think of a few that played for two NTs in the 65-69 stretch, courtesy of friendlies.

Then you have testimonials or charity games like the one I posted with a fat Barca Ronnie in 2017. Players rarely feature in them playing for another team in their peak half decade, but there's bound to be some bizarre/unforseen one.

Himannv

Start
Mustard10-14L. MessiL. ModricV. VoroninP. JenningsR. RensenbrinkA. ChivadzeM. Amoros
Michael95-99RonaldoA. NestaR. FerdinandB. SchweinsteigerJ. OblakJ. JohnstoneR. Dzodzuashvili
NM70-74J. CruyffD. PassarellaSocratesM. Preud'hommeP. VierchowoodB. LizarazuA. Shevchenko
General80-84M. PlatiniA. BrehmeH. StoichkovP. MaldiniG. SilvaR. CarvalhoE. Cavani
Beam75-79O. BlokhinG. ScireaM. van BastenM. LaudrupF. RedondoS. CañizaresN. Vidić
Edgar15-19K. De BruyneB. CharltonC. AlbertoA. CabriniA. HansenKh Forster
H-Man65-69G. BestG. FacchettiP. BreitnerZ. BoniekV. BezsonovRomarioD. BergkampR. Ayala
Big Dunk70-74F. BeckenbauerFalcaoJ. TiganaG. BergomiD. IrwinL. FigoS. CampbellD. Villa
Lord S.70-74G. MullerA. SimonsenG. SounessA. DemyanenkoD. PetrescuM. Rui CostaO. CórdobaRonaldinho
Crappy65-69D. DzajicH. ChumpitazJ. NeeskensB. RobsonR. DasayevA. CostacurtaZ. ZidaneR. Carlos
Isotope85-89F. BaresiL. MatthäusL. ThuramP. NedvedA. ColeXaviG. OchoaA. Shesternyov

@Šjor Bepo

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Start
Edgar15-19K. De BruyneB. CharltonC. AlbertoA. CabriniA. HansenKh ForsterD. Savicevic
H-Man65-69G. BestG. FacchettiP. BreitnerZ. BoniekV. BezsonovRomarioD. BergkampR. Ayala

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Same goes for Bepo's Scholes pick, or @Jim Beam 's Redondo one (probably didn't notice, but I'm in Santa mood today)
Wait, what? He picked Henry and can pick Benzema because Benzema didn't play for France in that period? Despite being, well, French.

And I can now pick another Argentinian because Redondo (that's my new name for a dog) didn't want to cut his hair?

Dude... this is fecked up.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I had a Cashley and Scholes double-whammy on my wish list but it soon became obvious that I wasn't getting near either of them.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
@Šjor Bepo What's the plan for the 12th pick - presuming it's continuing the chain one more time (i.e. if you pick your 11th player at 00-04, your 12th pick will be 05-09)?

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
art123456789101112
Edgar15-19K. De BruyneB. CharltonC. AlbertoA. CabriniA. HansenKh ForsterD. SavicevicD. Deschamps

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Start
Edgar15-19K. De BruyneB. CharltonC. AlbertoA. CabriniA. HansenKh ForsterD. SavicevicD. Deschamps
Sjor75-79E. FigueroaK-H. RummeniggeR. GullitR. BaggioCafuP. VieiraP. ScholesP. Cech

@Enigma_87 @Jim Beam

Šjor Bepo

@Šjor Bepo What's the plan for the 12th pick - presuming it's continuing the chain one more time (i.e. if you pick your 11th player at 00-04, your 12th pick will be 05-09)?
its really not that difficult to figure out :wenger: just look whats missing

BIG DUNK

Tank
Benzema played 10 games (3 goals, 2 assists) for France between 2014-15 to 2018-19.

IMO, those games/goals/assists contribute to his full international career (97 caps, 37 goals, 19 assists).

Do Ronaldo's 52 games and 20 goals for Portugal (international friendlies) not count too?

antohan

Bloody hell.

Good thing I don't bother with these anymore when the absolute gent that is @Gio has somehow become the gold standard of draft rule shithousery :lol:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Maybe then explicitly mention this as part of rules in OP instead of acting like a dickhead and letting people decipher it as part of random posts in the thread.

antohan

OP mentions squad of only 11 players so why would we draft a 12th player? :confused:
  • Initial squads will be formed of 11 players, if you post picture with all your picks and update the table every time you will get additional player.

Not sure where that leaves me given Lord SInister didn't post a picture of Müller.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

Start123456789101112
General80-84M. PlatiniA. BrehmeH. StoichkovP. MaldiniG. SilvaR. CarvalhoE. CavaniV. Van Dijk
Sjor75-79E. FigueroaK-H. RummeniggeR. GullitR. BaggioCafuP. VieiraP. ScholesP. Cech

@NM @GodShaveTheQueen

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Maybe then explicitly mention this as part of rules in OP instead of acting like a dickhead and letting people decipher it as part of random posts in the thread.
you saw the OP before we started, if you had any questions you could have asked before and not act like a dickhead now. Feel free to run a draft next time, didnt have time to cover every fecking detail of the rules but answered all questions when asked. Those that i didnt are yet to be decided - RR.

Šjor Bepo

12. bonus player

20-23
I wont pick one so people dont cry about how i had the advantage of knowing what the bonus pick gonna be.