De Gea | Signs for Fiorentina

No, this is you putting your interpretation on another person's actions. Actions that aren't even confirmed, it has to be said.

It's been clear you don't like him for a while but this is just dim.

He’s not at my club. I nolonger have any hate for him. However If true I don’t understand a player of his level deciding to retire. Makes no sense. Don’t care how much money he’s made.

If that was the case why didn’t he retire at the end of the City game?

Was Van Der Saar not in a high pressure job then? I mean the medals say it all.

My point is enjoy your life when your body has given up and your career is over. This guy is just hanging up because he can’t get the money.
Probably waiting to see what offers came in. There was talk of Real for a while. Maybe he isn’t interested in dropping down a level, why assume it’s about money?

Van Der Sar dropped down to Fulham at 31 having had a poor spell at Juve. You tell me if you think Ajax in the 90s was as pressured as playing in a failing United team in the social media era? They were a fantastic team but I don’t believe the worldwide pressure is comparable.

He’s not at my club. I nolonger have any hate for him. However If true I don’t understand a player of his level deciding to retire. Makes no sense. Don’t care how much money he’s made.
So you did once have hate for him? Weird.

So you can't understand why anyone would retire assuming they're still capable of working? Is that what you're saying?

The bloke very likely isn't highly rated outside the weird Manchester United bubble where we paid him £100million to be underwhelming for five years.

Nobody wants him. That's why he doesn't have a club.

According to daily mail he is waiting for a Spanish club to be with his wife Edurne.

The bloke very likely isn't highly rated outside the weird Manchester United bubble where we paid him £100million to be underwhelming for five years.

Nobody wants him. That's why he doesn't have a club.
Again...no. It could well be that nobody that he wants to play for wants him, but do you genuinely believe that there's no club up and down the football pyramid that wouldn't take him?

Probably waiting to see what offers came in. There was talk of Real for a while. Maybe he isn’t interested in dropping down a level, why assume it’s about money?

Van Der Sar dropped down to Fulham at 31 having had a poor spell at Juve. You tell me if you think Ajax in the 90s was as pressured as playing in a failing United team in the social media era? They were a fantastic team but I don’t believe the worldwide pressure is comparable.

The real difference there is that Van Der Sar had only been at Juve 2 years and they had just spent a huge amount to bring in Buffon.

DDG has just left Utd after 10 years and the last few have been as the highest paid keeper in the world. Everything is going to be a huge step down.

What’s the point in signing a 2nd choice keeper if you ain’t gonna use him when the first choice is out..

Not a bad idea really. A month with that other keeper is a bit risky really. Obviously when we signed Onana we weren’t aware he would be rejoining the national team.

Not a bad idea really. A month with that other keeper is a bit risky really. Obviously when we signed Onana we weren’t aware he would be rejoining the national team.

Won't have to worry about that if DDG comes back.

Then again, it is Cunstis, so not much chance of this being true.

Whilst I agree I'd prefer to see De Gea play, it's a concern if we have already decided that a goalkeeper we signed for not insignificant amount of money to cover for Onana is not actually capable of doing that. That poses a question why did we even sign him in the first place when virtually nobody seemed to rate him.

would be a horrible idea to bring him back with all the distractions/stories/drama that would entail. If you cant trust the signing you literally went out into the entire world and decided on, then once again we have failed. Find someone else then who wont bring an absolute media storm every game. Either he makes howlers like he did before he left, or he crushes it and now you have people saying well maybe we should keep him over onana so forth and so forth.

Muppetiers suggesting he arrives at the same time as Jassim (so never).

Maguire back in the team with Lindelof, DeGea maybe coming back, McTominay back in the team.. getting the band back together

It's so United it wouldn't surprise me. By United I mean incompetent, unimaginative, and predictable

I’ve got no problem with him coming back as our #2 on a smaller contract. I hope in turn we give him the send off he requires.

It will do good for Onana to have some competition and he could learn a lot from De Gea in terms of shot stopping.

would be a horrible idea to bring him back with all the distractions/stories/drama that would entail. If you cant trust the signing you literally went out into the entire world and decided on, then once again we have failed. Find someone else then who wont bring an absolute media storm every game. Either he makes howlers like he did before he left, or he crushes it and now you have people saying well maybe we should keep him over onana so forth and so forth.

You talking about Onana?

The most United outcome here is that we do indeed embarrassingly bring him back for a month to cover Onana's absence, and then we play Bayindir in every single match, with De Gea sitting on the bench. It eventually comes out that we paid him £5m.

I’ve got no problem with him coming back as our #2 on a smaller contract. I hope in turn we give him the send off he requires.

It will do good for Onana to have some competition and he could learn a lot from De Gea in terms of shot stopping.

This is what should have happened in the summer, but I have no idea if we just didn't offer a smaller contract or DDG refused to sign one.

I can't see us bringing him back.
If we do that surely means Onana's out in the summer and we try again to find a new long term No1.

Bringing De Gea back temporarily.
If we bring him back for anything longer than just when the AFCON is on, we'll have totally undermined Onana.
If De Gea is at the club he's No1 as he's the better keeper.