Day 24: Sweden vs England and Russia vs Croatia

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get a sense of the football being slightly too big for Sterling. Would do really well with a size 4 football.

Considering this is basically a premier league v championship cup game, you would think Rashford would get half an hour

the rest of the world will never hear the fecking end of this if you lot fluke your way to winning the WC. :rolleyes:

France and Belgium are a step above all of the rest of the teams left. Should neither of them freeze in the final, it should be a foregone conclusion. Croatia will pose a lot more problems for England in the semi-final, too. England’s limitations just haven’t been fully exposed yet due to them facing mediocrity and/or understrength teams almost all tournament.

It's crazy how lucky England got with their draw.

Belgium is the only good team they've played, whom they lost to comfortably, and yet they have a clear route to the final.
Definitely no bitterness in your post at all.

Belgium is the only good team they've played, whom they lost to comfortably, and yet they have a clear route to the final.

Croatia will be a genuine test if they get by Russia. Their midfield pisses over England's at least.

Eh? He is up against real talent.

Yes, this is the level of attacker he will be facing once we get to the end rounds of the CL. Playing great against Panama, Tunsia, Colombia and Sweden does not really prove that he is up to facing and dealing with the best attacks in the CL. Throwing huge money at him now would be an overreaction.

Get Rashford on and go for the kill. They are on the ropes

:lol: With the number of tears coming from the Irish posters in this thread, Ireland is going to be facing a salt shortage pretty soon.

Hopefully we get Croatia next so the rest of the world keep quiet about our "luck" . Ceoatia have been very strong and their strongest are is our weakest

Kane’s gonna win the Golden Boot without anyone creating a chance for him.

So much salt and bitterness from some on here, i can feel your pain, and i love it.

It is not their fault Germany lost against South Korea and Spain bottled it against Russia.

Don't see why people are crying about an easy path to the final, Russia/Croatia will be a much harder match than this shite Swede side.

Some of our players are really doing themselves proud this WC. Lukaku, Lingard, Fellaini, Pogba, Young. Bodes well for us...I hope

Yes, this is the level of attacker he will be facing once we get to the end rounds of the CL. Playing great against Panama, Tunsia, Colombia and Sweden does not really prove that he is up to facing and dealing with the best attacks in the CL. Throwing huge money at him now would be an overreaction.
You don't get it. He is performing at a high level in a quarter final of a world cup. There are no easy games at this level. He is better than any of your centre backs.

Pickford:drool:

There was nothing lucky on drawing Colombia, it was a difficult match. Next stage they'll face either Croatia who are a top team or Russia who are host and have eliminated Spain which was one of the top favorites.

If they'll reach the final it is cause they deserved so, not because of luck.

France and Belgium are a step above all of the rest of the teams left. Should neither of them freeze in the final, it should be a foregone conclusion. Croatia will pose a lot more problems for England in the semi-final, too. England’s limitations just haven’t been fully exposed yet due to them facing mediocrity and/or understrength teams almost all tournament.

I think Croatia are dangerous but something tells me this Russia team will make the final wink wink

Don't see why people are crying about an easy path to the final, Russia/Croatia will be a much harder match than this shite Swede side.
Yea Croatia -> France/Belgium.

No hard games there....