Day 2: Wales vs Switzerland | Denmark vs Finland | Belgium vs Russia

Been impressed with Kamara, looks tidy on the ball. Their keeper is dodgy though, flapped at a couple of balls into the box now.

1-0 Lukaku

I can see why that's not given. He is offside at the moment of the Belgian pass, but it's a poor one and nothing comes of it. Therefore, it's play on; you don't stop play for an offside free kick if the offside was irrelevant. The Russian player then messes up whatever he meant to do, and the ball hobbles to Lukaku anyway - who is now getting from a Russian and therefore can't be offside.

I know these are not two entirely unrelated moments from the game, but I imagine this is the thinking to ignore the original offside and it has its merits in my opinion.

How far has Kasper Dolberg's star fallen? He was starting at Ajax and being called the next Zlatan not too long ago and now he can't even get a kick with the team down 1-0 and two strikers on the pitch.

Was it him who got in to trouble at Nice? To do with stealing something. I might be wrong be I'm sure it was.

No difference in knocking the ball into a channel and running on to it, that’s offside imo.
Yeah and the whistle blows when the player touches the ball. The Russian made a attempt for the ball which resets the phase of play and Lukaku it then onside.

When the cross was played Lukaku wasn't active and after the defender messed up it was a new situation. Correct call without a doubt for me.

How could he not be active? He made the run for that pass, that run is what caused the defender to attempt a clearance, if no-one was behind him he’d have let it go through to the keeper.

Poulsen is so shit it's quite sad. Incredible what Nagelsmann gets out of players

He has been really good for Denmark.And very good for Leipzig.

This is just not Denmark game, and they are missing Eriksen.

If that is "correctly" ruled onside then the offside rule needs changing, again. That should always be offside.
I’m curious if the younger generation are the posters saying that it’s ONSIDE while the older generation says clearly that’s Offsides?
I’d love to see a breakdown of the age of poster and their opinion of the new offside interpretation, but I’ll just have to admit that I’ll never know:wenger:

How could he not be active? He made the run for that pass, that run is what caused the defender to attempt a clearance, if no-one was behind him he’d have let it go through to the keeper.
The ball wouldn’t have gotten near Lukaku if the defender didn’t play it

And the defender made a mess of a clearance and got it to Lukaku. It's the defender's problem.

Yeah I'm not sure how the target of a pass can be deemed not active. The pass wouldn't have been played if Lukaku wasn't there in an offside position.

This. 100% this.

The ball wouldn’t have gotten near Lukaku if the defender didn’t play it

Sure, that’s easy to see from the footage. The defender wasn’t to know that though, given he was behind him. Lukaku took an action that directed that series of events. Seems a very limited definition of “active” to exclude moments like that.

Vestegaard causing so much carnage, should've put him on at CF sooner.

Disappointing defeat for Denmark but understandable in circumstances.

I think they can still get 4 points off Russia and Belgium if they can mentally get things together so all isn't lost just yet.