Day 2: Spain vs. Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't cack. He wasn't scoring as frequently as he did this season just gone but he was playing second fiddle to Falcao and still doing well

Ok, cheers. I never noticed him before this year. Just knew he had a reputation for being a bit of a cnut, and he'd never scored more than 10 goals.

From reddit regarding the kits;
For each match, the team listed first (on FIFA's website) is designated as the home side.

• Since this match is listed as "Spain v Netherlands", Spain receives first choice of which kit to wear.

• Spain selects all-red.

• Since Holland's Orange clashes with red, Holland must switch to blue.

• But according to the regulations, we now have a case of dark colored kit v dark colored kit.

• With Spain's alternate kit being all-black, FIFA inform Spain and their kit manufacturer (Adidas) that a light colored kit needs to be submitted to comply with FIFA regulations.

• All-white is chosen and will be worn against Holland.

• This means Holland can switch to orange right? Wrong. Orange is deemed to be Holland's light colored kit, so white v orange would mean light kit v light kit.

• For this match, Spain will wear white and Holland will dress in blue.
Thanks for that! Genuinely!

For each match, the team listed first (on FIFA's website) is designated as the home side.

• Since this match is listed as "Spain v Netherlands", Spain receives first choice of which kit to wear.

• Spain selects all-red.

• But according to the regulations, we now have a case of dark colored kit v dark colored kit.

• With Spain's alternate kit being all-black, FIFA inform Spain and their kit manufacturer (Adidas) that a light colored kit needs to be submitted to comply with FIFA regulations.

• This means Holland can switch to orange right? Wrong. Orange is deemed to be Holland's light colored kit, so white v orange would mean light kit v light kit.

:lol:

feck me

This season certainly. Who isn't? But prior to that he was a bit cack I think. Some La Liga fanboy will correct or support me soon enough I'm sure.

Well players should be called up to the World Cup based on current form and ability. Especially as we don't have the case of other players fighting for qualification and not getting it, Brazil are hosts. Besides he already had a good record in Spain while playing next to Falcao in 2012-13.

Second time a defensive error has almost led to Spain taking the lead. They really need to be careful against the likes of Costa and Silva.

Hollands defense looks weak. So many needless errors.

"Why didn't he shoot". Because he's David Silva, he'd refuse an open net from 2 yards. Or miss it trying to be too technical.

Well players should be called up to the World Cup based on current form and ability. Especially as we don't have the case of other players fighting for qualification and not getting it, Brazil are hosts. Besides he already had a good record in Spain while playing next to Falcao in 2012-13.
He played for Brazil in a friendly but chose Spain once he was granted Spanish nationality.

Netherlands showing too much respect & are too nervy.

• Spain selects all-red.

Fine by me, don't care about the kits and this combination makes it easier to watch.

• Spain selects all-red.

Pity there is no regulation called common sense, I cannot imagine how Spain's home kit would clash with Netherlands' blue one.

Diego Costa....

another career buried at Chelsea, alongside

Andrej Shevchenko
Hernan Crespo
Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.