Day 2: Spain vs. Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why Costa didn't get a call up from Scolari. Surely he's better than Fred and Jo?

This season certainly. Who isn't? But prior to that he was a bit cack I think. Some La Liga fanboy will correct or support me soon enough I'm sure.

Sneijder doesnt look upto the task. He's never on the right place to receive the ball in the middle - he's either too deep or too wide. And De Jong is just too slow and too crazy.

De Jong :lol: Could've reached the ball, yet chooses to block Busquets instead.

Chile played a unique formation last WC. Kind of 3-3-1-3. Hope they do same this time round. They have a squad of midfielders, wingers and fullbacks and completely different to any other team in competition.

By the tattoos on his arms I'd say De Jong belongs to the same gang as Dani Alves.

Ramos must cause the most fights in football with his unnecessary sprinting 30 yards

Both teams are full of whining pricks, complain to the ref every damn second.

This season certainly. Who isn't? But prior to that he was a bit cack I think. Some La Liga fanboy will correct or support me soon enough I'm sure.
He wasn't cack. He wasn't scoring as frequently as he did this season just gone but he was playing second fiddle to Falcao and still doing well

From reddit regarding the kits;
For each match, the team listed first (on FIFA's website) is designated as the home side.

• Since this match is listed as "Spain v Netherlands", Spain receives first choice of which kit to wear.

• Spain selects all-red.

• Since Holland's Orange clashes with red, Holland must switch to blue.

• But according to the regulations, we now have a case of dark colored kit v dark colored kit.

• With Spain's alternate kit being all-black, FIFA inform Spain and their kit manufacturer (Adidas) that a light colored kit needs to be submitted to comply with FIFA regulations.

• All-white is chosen and will be worn against Holland.

• This means Holland can switch to orange right? Wrong. Orange is deemed to be Holland's light colored kit, so white v orange would mean light kit v light kit.

• For this match, Spain will wear white and Holland will dress in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.