Day 19: Brazil vs Mexico and Belgium vs Japan

Crazy how they didn't start crossing more from the beginning, considering that on average, Belgian players are 3 meters taller than Japanese ones.

How many times has Fellaini came off the bench and won us games? You lot can't face the fact that he's an effective plan B and capable of changing a game. Nobody is calling him technically amazing or saying he's somebody we should be holding onto at all costs but he's a very good squad player to have and you're kidding yourself if you think different.

Pretty sure if we actually looked up the stats, not that often at all? Not taking away from him here tonight but I rather suspect the people who like Fellaini have an exaggerated idea of the impact he's actually had off the bench.

I'd far rather see Japan get through here. Amazing chemistry and style. Belgium are just a bunch of individuals, reliant on a few crosses once they realise they aren't actually a bunch of superstars.

Some one score and win before FT. Don't want to sit through extra time and penalties. Have an early meeting tomorrow.

They can't defend crosses. Impossible to withstand the ET with Fellaini, Lukaku, Kompany and Vertonghen playing.

Belgium has never won a WC knockout game in regular time. They want this fact to go on and are waiting for ET to deliver the final blow.

Most of these Japanese players are quite better than me at football, I have massive respect for them.

This will finally be one of these heartbreaking games where the underdog is going out undeservedly, right?

Playing with courage should be rewarded, but instead the opposite is always the case when those bus parking underdogs are more successful.

Come on Japan, you're becoming too kawaii thanks to this match to not win and make us cheer for you from now on.

Did the scouts on here not say Meunier is a great crosser? Doesn’t surprise me to learn that he isn’t.

I'd far rather see Japan get through here. Amazing chemistry and style. Belgium are just a bunch of individuals, reliant on a few crosses once they realise they aren't actually a bunch of superstars.

Same, their team chemistry is great to see.