Day 18: Germany vs. Algeria

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I've only ever heard tales of Goetze's wondrous talent. Never actually witnessed it for myself. I eagerly await....

Lane

Smb needs to post a gif of M'Bolhi expression after Mueller let the ball out. That was epic!:lol:

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
its getting out more clearly now:

löw is the moyes of german football

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Oh come on, he's playing for a year there already. Quite successfully at Bayern. I don't accept that.
Let me rephrase: He is a decent midfielder, but nothing special. I heard he's quite capable as a RB, but I can't seem to remember.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Disappointing first half. Was expecting to see goals. Bound to have goals in the second half though, the game will open up just like Holland vs Mexico yesterday.

milan4ever

Germany will score in the second half probably. They've grown into the game and started to control it. Algerian players will trie eventually because of the intensing pressing.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
This is where Germany miss Lahm at RB. He would have been a great attacking outlet on a wing. Low should put him there instead of Mustafi and bring on Khedira

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
They have to bring on khedira just to sit in front of the defence and cover them from the through ball whilst letting Lahn get back to doing what he does best bombing down the wing and defending.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What's Jupp Heynckes upto these days?

This Tiki Teuton stuff don't work for Germany. Reus is out and they don't have a Robben to switch it up.

If they keep trying to walk the ball in Germany will get sucker punched.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Ok is this about the weather? Yesterday we had apologist for holland because how hot it is. Today german look ordinary so what is it.
They are playing 4 hours later.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Surely Germany have to put Lahm to full back and bring on Khedira or Klose, depending on what system they want to play.

Lyricist

This is where Germany miss Lahm at RB. He would have been a great attacking outlet on a wing. Low should put him there instead of Mustafi and bring on Khedira
I've posted that too.

It's such an obvious solution to the problems we've been seeing for 45 minutes that you could normally be 99% sure that Löw will NOT make this change!

Then again he always uses Khedira when he shouldn't be used....that could come in handy for us now if he actually plays him once when he might stabilize us. Höwedes and Mustafi should get no more time at this WC. It's ridiculous. Lets be honest though, I doubt Löw would move Lahm back to RB during half time. Hope I'm wrong!

ctp

Ok is this about the weather? Yesterday we had apologist for holland because how hot it is. Today german look ordinary so what is it.
This time it's Löw. It's got to take some tactical genius to make players who've played with each other for years look like it's their first time together.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Too cold, and the Algerians clearly haven't fasted like Low told us they would

justboy68

No this Germany side are poor ever since the Portugal game. The heat definitely made things harder for Holland yesterday. The weather isn't a correct excuse in many of the games but in that one it was.

Jasmin

Shit, we're actually not that bad, let's history once again!

Lane

It's a WC. The biggest stage. Were Spain impressive in 2010 when they won Portugal and Paraguay 1-0 both? Were Italy impressive against Australia? All the maverick stuff is left in group stages, it's do or die now and as we've seen from France favorites prefer to start slowly.

sammyvine

i thought gotze was a future world player of the year?

every time i have watched him he has looked average

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This time it's Löw. It's got to take some tactical genius to make players who've played with each other for years look like it's their first time together.
It is quite an accomplishment, yes. Something to remember here. 7 out of 11 players here come from the same club.