Day 16: Brazil vs. Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Saturday, June 28th, Brazil vs. Chile at Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte (5pm BST, 12pm ET)

i367167.jpg

Brazil has Chile's number but Brazil can't play the way they've been playing otherwise they'll be out. Conventional wisdom suggests that Brazil will find a way to nick it but Chile winning this match wouldn't be an outrageous upset.

Really hope chile can pull it off, they've looked better then brazil so far, I just hope the refs are fair and brazil doesn't have an unfair advantage.

It's a shame - all we had to do was beat a mediocre Dutch team to secure a favorable draw to the semi finals. But the performance was terrible and now our ritualistic stomping by Brazil at a World Cup is once again at hand. 5-1.

It's a shame - all we had to do was beat a mediocre Dutch team to secure a favorable draw to the semi finals. But the performance was terrible and now our ritualistic stomping by Brazil at a World Cup is once again at hand. 5-1.
have more faith. Brazil are not all that these days.

A great matchup, shame someone will go out relatively early considering how strong both sides are

Brazil have a great record against Chile but this is the best Chilean side in a while. Compared to the last World Cup where they were comprehensively beaten and outplayed by Brazil they now have players plying their trade for the likes of Juventus and Barcelona which must have developed more of a winning mentality among them (as proven by their group results). If they go gung ho they will lose but as long as they keep discipline they might win.

A great matchup, shame someone will go out relatively early considering how strong both sides are

Then one of them will play Colombia. That side of the draw will have all South American teams aside from Argentina knocking themselves out before semis.

Then one of them will play Colombia. That side of the draw will have all South American teams aside from Argentina knocking themselves out before semis.

A bit unfortunate for the South American sides, no doubt

A bit unfortunate for the South American sides, no doubt

I hope and think Colombia will make it through. Such a shame that Falcao isn't available as they would be clear favourites with him up front.

And then face Germany most likely to make the final! Can't get tougher than that

And then face Germany most likely to make the final! Can't get tougher than that

Or France. Honestly I can't see Brazil making it past all these teams to make it to the final. Even if they get past Chile they'll get done by Colombia or at last France/Germany.

Chile got into the bad bracket but Brazil really don't look that great. I would say Netherlands and maybe even Mexico displayed better football, at a least at times. Mexico looked great vs Croatia, and Netherlands vs Spain. Brazil didn't look all that amazing in their 3 matches.

Brazil has Chile's number but Brazil can't play the way they've been playing otherwise they'll be out. Conventional wisdom suggests that Brazil will find a way to nick it but Chile winning this match wouldn't be an outrageous upset.
It certainly will be a big upset!
Brazil is the bookmakers' number 1 favorites to win the World Cup and I'm fairly certain Brazil will get a "free pass" to the semi-finals at least irregardless of the opponents thanks to FIFA.
Chile has done very well so far knocking out Spain in the group but I just don't see them beating Brazil.
Chile press well and play with great pace but they lack attacking offensively.
Chile only has one shot on target against Holland and four shots on target against Spain.
If Chile upsets Brazil, it must have many opportunities to score which I don't really see it against Brazil's defence.

Well, Croatia scored 2 goals in this match and Brazil scored 0... in terms of fair goals.
It doesn't matter. There is no way FIFA will allow Brazil to lose it's opening match, as a host nation. That's why I said Brazil will get a "free pass" to the semi-finals irregardless of the opponents. They could finish second in the group and face Holland in the round of 16 and I'm very sure they will still qualify to the quarter-final even if they play badly.

The idiots here saying FIFA will give us wins, why do you even watch the sport?

The idiots here saying FIFA will give us wins, why do you even watch the sport?
Don't call me an idiot when it's an open secret that host nations are always given preferential treatment from the refs. You are an idiot if you don't believe this.

Well, Croatia scored 2 goals in this match and Brazil scored 0... in terms of fair goals.

Yeah, how is our 3rd or 1st goal illegal? If you think 3rd goal is illegal, how is the contact on Cesar Ok? Contradictory..

Don't call me an idiot when it's an open secret that host nations are always given preferential treatment from the refs. You are an
idiot if you don't believe this.

I think your post was idiotic, Fifa will gift us wins until semi finals? Direspectful. Parts of me hope we lose now, we already have 5 anyways, which obv makes people hurt...

I think your post was idiotic, Fifa will gift us wins until semi finals? Direspectful. Parts of me hope we lose now, we already have 5 anyways, which obv makes people hurt...
Yup, you can quote me on this if Brazil don't make it to the semi at least.
I'm not hurt lol, why would I be hurt?
And why would people be hurt by the fact that you won 5 times? No one cares.
On the contrary, I hope Brazil wins the cup.
I have big money on them (and Germany) to win the cup.

Yup, you can quote me on this if Brazil don't make it to the semi at least.
I'm not hurt lol, why would I be hurt?
And why would people be hurt by the fact that you won 5 times? No one
cares.
On the contrary, I hope Brazil wins
the cup.
I have big money on them (and
Germany) to win the cup.

Couldn't we advance just with our merits? I'm not saying you are hurt but people have been very anti brazil this WC... Hey at least our games are entertaining most times, ppl could appreciate that

I can see Chile winning this game if David Luiz, Marcelo and Alvez do not take their defensive responsibilities seriously.

Knock-out football is here already :drool: All going so fast!

EDIT: @gooDevil It is confusing!!! :( Ruined my moment. This is being such a slow World Cup.

Couldn't we advance just with our merits? I'm not saying you are hurt but people have been very anti brazil this WC... Hey at least our games are entertaining most times, ppl could appreciate that

Well Brasil games were far from entertaining tbh.

And I expect refs to push your team if things wont go your way.

I'm not anti-Brazil at all, if you read most of my posts, I actually wish well for Brazil and hope you do well but with all due respect to Brazil, you will definitely get a lot of help from the refs. It's just how football works. No offence.

Part of you hopes you lose because another poster voiced his opinion that the host nation, more often than not, received preferential treatment? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.