Day 13 | Slovakia vs Romania + Ukraine vs Belgium | Czech Republic vs Turkey + Georgia vs Portugal

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Did Ronaldo play with Sergio Conceiçao at any point for Portugal?
I don't think so. First euro was 2004 and I don't think Conceição was called. Not sure though

Resonance

Important goal for England.. As it stands it will be England vs Slovakia in the Ro16
The commentator just said the same but why? Netherlands and Slovakia are both on 4 points, both Won 1, Lost 1 and drew 1 but Netherlands have scored more goals?

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
So as things stand England would be playing Georgia according to an online calculator I used?
No England cannot face Georgia but one of Netherlands and Slovakia.

It's England vs Slovakia as things stand.

TheGame

It's funny how people always assume that Ronaldo has that amount of power. Maybe Martinez thinks that Ronaldo playing and getting a goal could be beneficial for the KO stages.
If that's the logic behind that decision, I can't even disagree with that because Ronaldo frustrated for not scoring could harm the team while an in-form Ronaldo can still be important in terms of crucial goals.
People rightly assume, look how much power he had with the previous coach. I believe the person he is and what he has achieved carries alot of power with Portugal and the team is built around him.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Conceição thinks he's playing with Porto with portuguese refs. Get up clown

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Important goal for England.. As it stands it will be England vs Slovakia in the Ro16
How did this goal affect that?

Edit: nevermind, Slovenia are on 3 points and would be out, gotcha.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
How are these third places games worked out? I can’t figure out if Slovenia will play Portugal or Romania, or whether that’s still up in the air.
It's based on which combination of groups the third placed teams come from.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I saw Ronaldo was playing and assumed they must be. But they've rotated everyone but him, bizarre.
Ronaldo and Diogo Costa are the only starters playing.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Chances of us drawing Romania as well as being on the easy half of the draw getting bigger.

Would be an hilariously "easy" draw for placing 3rd.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
The commentator just said the same but why? Netherlands and Slovakia are both on 4 points, both Won 1, Lost 1 and drew 1 but Netherlands have scored more goals?
Look at the post #5 of this thread. I did post the table that UEFA use.

In case of the four best-placed teams are from group: C-D-E-F's (as it's now) then we have:

- WB (Spain) v 3F (Georgia)
- WC (England) v 3E (Slovakia)
- WE (Romania) v 3D (Netherlands)
- WF (Portugal) v 3C (Slovenia)

Last edited:

Zen

If England were legit... they wouldn't care one bit about who they were about to face, that's an inferiority problem when you are the so-called (pre-tournament, not now with easy draw) favourites. Totally got it in 2018... but with 3 top 10 Ballon d'Or players in there and we're still fishing for the easy route?

Ronaldo starting and being ultra desperate for that goal is hysterical though. I bet he regrets that assist now.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Renato Sanches, João Felix, António Silva, Benfica do love to overrate their players.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Chances of us drawing Romania as well as being on the easy half of the draw getting bigger.

Would be an hilariously "easy" draw for placing 3rd.
Though one weird thing about the Dutch is that they always seem to underperform against the "lesser" nations and perform equal to or better than some of the top nations.

TheReligion

Abusive
If England were legit... they wouldn't care one bit about who they were about to face, that's an inferiority problem when you are the so-called (pre-tournament, not now with easy draw) favourites. Totally got it in 2018... but with 3 top 10 Ballon d'Or players in there and we're still fishing for the easy route?
What are you rambling on about?

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
What’s this permutation about the Czechs needing to beat Turkey so England avoid Netherlands?
It's important that Hungary (3 points -3 GD) get knocked out so England avoid Netherlands. Hungary are eliminated IF:
- Georgia beat Portugal, no matter what happens in the other match. (It's current case)

OR:

- Czechia beat Turkey by 1 or 2-goal margin, no matter what happens in the other match.

As things stand it's England v Slovakia and Netherlands v Romania..

Resonance

Look at the post #5 of this thread. I did post the table that UEFA use.

In case of group C-D-E-F's 3rd placed teams qualify to the Ro16 (as it's now) then we have:

- WB (Spain) v 3F (Georgia)
- WC (England) v 3E (Slovakia)
- WE (Romania) v 3D (Netherlands)
- WF (Portugal) v 3C (Slovenia)
I see, I missed that post, thanks.

Dudu

130km/h freekick.

Wish they would show speeds more often.

ManUtd1999

Portugal moves the ball well. They are looking better than most teams that I have seen even today.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
António Silva what a tragic performance. Gifts Georgia a goal and now prevents a Portugal goal.