David Moyes Unemployed | European Champion

They do not have the money or the prestige for what the fans want. They should consider supporting a different club with the necessary financial muscle for the modern game if that is what they want.

The fans want to watch decent football, they have enough money for that. I doubt they're expecting to win the league or even come top 4. So if you're going to finished 8th-12th you might as well try doing it while playing something other than Moyes ball.

Fair enough but they literally went down this road before with Moyes and the stylish manager they replaced him with almost took them down and they had to bring Moyes back to save their bacon. With that recent history in mind it smacks of ingratitude and should serve as a warning to be careful what you wish for. It could work out for them and of course they can register their displeasure at the style of play but that does not alter the fact that Moyes has been treated pretty shabbily by the fans and the board.

Poor Dave.

I think it’s more, he really didn’t make drastic changes and yet gets so much blame. It was LVG who really dismantled things.

Also, Kroos would have fixed a lot of the issues, so it seems Moyes knew what to do and never get the chance to implement the changes.

It is pretty clear that Woodward and the Glazers were the true problem.

He banned low fat chips, don't be telling me he didn't make drastic changes.

I do think West Ham are one of the prime sides out of the major players to really make a stab at CL football along with Villa and Newcastle so it's not above their station to think of moving onto a better manager than Moyes but at the same time I don't think the manager they've chosen is that guy.

Strange world where West Ham replace their best manager since Johnny Lyall in a season where they finish top half and had a deep European run. This is West Ham and not Chelsea, yes?

All because some noisy fans want their team to play more like Potter’s Brighton. How good is the new guy in comparison? Will he bring the “stylish football” the fans crave?
Think they've been on of the worst teams in PL in this calendar year. Also finished 14th last season, bit above relegation zone (of course Conference league run affected them). He's done fine job there and is a very good manager but it's legitimate to be looking for better brand of football as it seems Moyes has done as good job as he could.

I do think West Ham are one of the prime sides out of the major players to really make a stab at CL football along with Villa and Newcastle so it's not above their station to think of moving onto a better manager than Moyes but at the same time I don't think the manager they've chosen is that guy.

Yeah, same here. Lopetegui did okay job at Wolves but they didn't look entertaining though he was there for 6 months basically. Good that they tried for Amorim but maybe should've kept looking after failing to land him.

Not sure where else to stick this video but I've never understood this cringey friendship between West Ham and City fans.

Feel good hire if true. This might give them a boost initially but still doesn't solve the massive cluster of a roster they have. I'd still pick them to go down,

Could work, who knows with the state of that squad though. I rate Dyche personally but they have started the season uncharacteristically loose for one of his teams.

Makes sense, what they want is security and he offers that. Never exciting, always beaten by good teams etc, but safe.

He is also at his best when he doesn’t have much money to spent or any flash players to fit into the eleven.

It feels like a massive step back though, but maybe with the finances, that is what is needed right now.

Let it happen.

I hope he takes them to relegation, then, on the day, goads the Goodison faithful by dressing as the Grim Reaper.

To be fair, he did get Everton to finish above United once. Granted, he was United's manager that season...

He was never really beloved by Everton fans who didn't like his football and they were indifferent when United took him off them back in 2013. So I wouldn't call it a feel good appointment.

I think we should contemplate giving this man a second chance.
Its the only way to break the karmic cycle that begun when SAF told us to “stand by the manager” and he got booted out of his 6 years contract almost as quickly as Ralf.

For crying out loud, this man’s got Fellaini on deadline day and Mata mid season, some rando from Ajax who wasn’t hand picked by the great man himself got 600m to spend and a third season.

I never wanted David here back in 2013, but I softened up to him over the years, European champion with the bubble blowers, and quite a classy man.
Not once he threw some of our players under the bus in the following years, even though as Evra alluded to on the Overlap, some of them deserved it, they never gave him a chance.

We all laughed when he said “we’ll try to make it difficult for Newcastle coming here”, yeah, who’s laughing now?
When was the last time we made it hard for anyone coming to OT? Coventry scored 3 and a half past us at Wembley ffs, Coventry!
Some team that no one has ever heard of scored two against us in the Cup!

Over a billion pounds wasted later, and we’re crap, we’re really really crap.
What a waste of money, could feed half of Africa with that money, all the sleepless nights, what a joke.
Could’ve donated all this money to wildlife charity or something, build a giant owl shelter, field the academy like Barca does, we wouldn’t have been much worse.

Hijack this Everton move I say.

Last edited:
Its the only way to break the karmic cycle that begun when SAF told us to “stand by the manager” and he got booted out of his 6 years contract almost as quickly as Ralf.

For crying out loud, this man’s got Fellaini on deadline day and Mata mid season, some rando from Ajax who wasn’t hand picked by the great man himself got 600m to spend and a third season.

I never wanted David here but I softened up to him over the years, European champion with the bubble blowers, and quite a classy man.
Not once he threw some of our players under the bus in the following years, even though as Evra alluded to on the Overlap, some of them deserved it, they never gave him a chance.

We all laughed when he said “we’ll try to make it difficult for Newcastle coming here”, yeah, who’s laughing now?
When was the last time we made it hard for anyone coming to OT? Coventry scored 3 and a half past us at Wembley ffs, Coventry!

What a waste of money, could feed half of Africa with that money, all the sleepless nights, what a joke.

Totally agree. I think United should have stood by their man and David should be appointed immediately. You should give him at least 6 years to see if SAF was right after all.

I never wanted David here back in 2013, but I softened up to him over the years, European champion with the bubble blowers, and quite a classy man.

Could’ve donated all this money to wildlife charity or something, build a giant owl shelter, field the academy like Barca does, we wouldn’t have been much worse.

We should rehire and then subsequently fire Ralf, Ole, Jose, Louis and then Dave in that order. Maybe that will break the hoodoo.

Think it would be a huge mistake for both.

The club is vastly different compared to when he left.

He'll get Everton back up to where he had West Ham, no doubt about that for me, these are the clubs where he excels.

Then the cycle of "his football is shite, we want better" will start. He'll leave and the club will fall back down the table, to fight a relegation battle every year again.

I think he's better than dyche and might make better use of the players than most to be honest, I just cant see the attraction for Moyes. It looks a bit of a deadend with their sales of recent years and the kind of signings they're making. They need to be so, so good in the transfer market to get anywhere and its hard to see an end to their outgoings even if they do. It just looks like a poisoned chalice until the ownership situation is resolved.

Moyes would probably not do worst than he did first time or ETH last season, honestly. I would imagine going through more success and failures plus experiencing different types of club owners gave him more wisdom and he'd be a savvier operator (plus coming under less pressure than succeeding SAF) of navigating office politics.

It's probably suicide for INEOS to even consider that assignment and even if he got results and somehow survived the memes, win the supporters I think the criticism would move to his brand of football being too negative.

It just looks like a poisoned chalice until the ownership situation is resolved.
This is why I think the majority of posts here are a bit meh regarding an Everton move. They're running on the basis that we are a normal club / the same as when Moyes left.