Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Last night the whole team was fecking cack in first half. To single out any one player is laughable .

I think it would be harsh to single out the player for the entire teams first half failing. I think with more game time - perhaps out on loan he could develop into a really fine footballler.

He played no better or no worse than any of the lads that lined out beside him in the 1st half last night, unless you can specifically tell me something he did so wrong that he should be subject to such a ridiculing.

Nobody is saying that he was the sole reason we was shit in the first half last night!

It's really starting to annoy me when people pop up in this thread on their high horse with comments like that. We're asking if, in general, Darron Gibson is good enough to be playing for Manchester United.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread it annoys me when you have the usual suspects saying that people "blame Gibson" or "use Gibson as the scapegoat for the entire first half". I don't blame him at all, it's not his fault he's picked, but he simply doesn't offer enough in terms of creativity, speed and forward running.

His game seems to involve playing the easiest available pass either backwards or sideways which don't help us to break teams down whatsoever. He's all too often just a passenger in games who doesn't offer nearly enough for a team pushing for the title. He's not a 'scapegoat' or an 'easy target' he just genuinely isn't good enough.

Its funny how things work, it was no less than a few days ago that he had a very good game for us, there was hardly a word about him (this thread left alone) then he lines out for us & was part of the IX that had a fierce disappointing 1st half & he is crap & not good enough again.

It was the tactics & the approach in the 1st half that was wrong last night not any individual player.

Oh yeah i forgot he was involved a lot in the action wasn't he? I remember all those amazing through balls he was playing and those attacking runs that had the Birmingham back line shitting themselves. :)

Come on mate, let's be honest, he didn't offer much did he? I can't remember a single stand out thing he did all game (and Birmingham were appalling). We got that result despite and not because of Gibson. You've got to stop kidding yourself that this thread only gets bumped after we draw or lose because people are using Gibson as an easy target because it's really not the case.

Oh yeah i forgot he was involved a lot in the action wasn't he? I remember all those amazing through balls he was playing and those attacking runs that had the Birmingham back line shitting themselves. :)

Come on mate, let's be honest, he didn't offer much did he? I can't remember a single stand out thing he did all game (and Birmingham were appalling). We got that result despite and not because of Gibson. You've got to stop kidding yourself that this thread only gets bumped after we draw or lose because people are using Gibson as an easy target because it's really not the case.

He did play in through balls against Birmingham & was very consistent in his passing for the whole of the 90 mins, it seems however that if a player doesn't play in amazing through balls like the ones you have mentioned that he automatically isn't good enough or played crap.

I've yet to see someone point out something the lad did woefully wrong last night in the 1st half. I saw him playing a few nice one two's, passing & moving the ball around like he normally does, i can't recall him making any stray passes or doing anything that might have actually cost us the game.

And I never said we got that Birmingham result on the back of a positive performance from Gibson either, i'm well aware that that result came more from a fantastic team effort if anything & probably Birmingham having an off day, although being put on the back foot from pretty much the 1st minute could have being a reason for that. But getting back to Gibson, he was part of that team that day & did feck all if anything at all wrong.

Win or lose, this thread has been brought up, as had the thread i made before. Obviously "doing nothing wrong" isnt enough to be starting games for United. Our midfield was shocking first half, it's no coincidence that Gibson was a part of it. The game just seems to bypass him and positionally he is all over the place. He's had lots of chances to impress and you would think a player of his age would take it by the scruff of the neck and actually bust a gut to show he is capable. Apart from scoring a few long range efforts last season he's done absolute nothing to show he's good enough to play here. 4th/5th choice or not, he probably wouldnt get in any midfield from any other premier league team.

He played no better or no worse than any of the lads that lined out beside him in the 1st half last night, unless you can specifically tell me something he did so wrong that he should be subject to such a ridiculing.

Its funny how things work, it was no less than a few days ago that he had a very good game for us, there was hardly a word about him (this thread left alone) then he lines out for us & was part of the IX that had a fierce disappointing 1st half & he is crap & not good enough again.

It was the tactics & the approach in the 1st half that was wrong last night not any individual player.

You're missing the point. Who's blaming him for last nights team performance? People are saying he was shit, which he was. Yes the whole team was poor but as has already been pointed out countless times people are more forgiving of those players because they have countless quality performances under their belt. Gibson doesn't.

He did play in through balls against Birmingham & was very consistent in his passing for the whole of the 90 mins, it seems however that if a player doesn't play in amazing through balls like the ones you have mentioned that he automatically isn't good enough or played crap.

I've yet to see someone point out something the lad did woefully wrong last night in the 1st half. I saw him playing a few nice one two's, passing & moving the ball around like he normally does, i can't recall him making any stray passes or doing anything that might have actually cost us the game.

And I never said we got that Birmingham result on the back of a positive performance from Gibson either, i'm well aware that that result came more from a fantastic team effort if anything & probably Birmingham having an off day, although being put on the back foot from pretty much the 1st minute could have being a reason for that. But getting back to Gibson, he was part of that team that day & did feck all if anything at all wrong.

I'm sorry but a pre-requisite of being "good enough for United" is not the ability to not do anything woefully wrong.

He has been shit to mediocre in every game he's played, maybe once or twice stepping his level up to adaquate. This is why he isn't currently good enough for United and isn't showing signs of changing.

I'm sorry but a pre-requisite of being "good enough for United" is not the ability to not do anything woefully wrong.

He has been shit to mediocre in every game he's played, maybe once or twice stepping his level up to adaquate. This is why he isn't currently good enough for United and isn't showing signs of changing.

I used the term 'woefully' as it would be a term i would use myself when talking about a shit player. It seems that my idea of a shit player & other peoples idea of a shit player are a good bit different though.

I'm not under any illusion either that Gibson is going to be the next Scholes or Xavi etc but i am of the opinion that he has the ability to become a very good squad player for us in the coming years, he is in my opinion far from being a shit player like so many on here keep reiterating time & time again.

I used the term 'woefully' as it would be a term i would use myself when talking about a shit player. It seems that my idea of a shit player & other peoples idea of a shit player are a good bit different though.

I'm not under any illusion either that Gibson is going to be the next Scholes or Xavi etc but i am of the opinion that he has the ability to become a very good squad player for us in the coming years, he is in my opinion far from being a shit player like so many on here keep reiterating time & time again.

I'll give you something he did woefully, help control midfield. We play 3 in there to control the possession and tempo of the game and help shield our defence. Gibson did this woefully as time and again Blackpool drove through our midfield unchallenged and untracked. Fletcher and Scholes were also woeful at this last night but once again these players have previous for being very good footballers at that level, Gibson doesn't.

I feel bad for Gibson. He has the ability to make it but gets thrashed after our team plays a poor first half versus Blackpool. Sir Alex got his tactics and selection wrong. Gibson was sacrificed for someone that would offer width.

What he needs is a proper run in a side (loan) before we can throw a dagger in him. Fletcher was the same way during his growing pains.

I feel bad for Gibson. He has the ability to make it but gets thrashed after our team plays a poor first half versus Blackpool. Sir Alex got his tactics and selection wrong. Gibson was sacrificed for someone that would offer width.

What he needs is a proper run in a side (loan) before we can throw a dagger in him. Fletcher was the same way during his growing pains.

He had a loan spell at Wolves. They thought he was crap too.

Nobody is saying that he was the sole reason we was shit in the first half last night!.
People are doing worse. Instead of admitting everyone had a bad night first half. They are claiming Gibson was shit last night because he is shit and it is okay to slag him alone off because the others who were shit too ''have been good in the past''. I don't know logic dumber and sadder than that really. Just check acu-idiot's post for starters.

It's really starting to annoy me when people pop up in this thread on their high horse with comments like that.....
Boo fecking hoo.:rolleyes:

We're asking if, in general, Darron Gibson is good enough to be playing for Manchester United.As I mentioned earlier in the thread it annoys me when you have the usual suspects saying that people "blame Gibson" or "use Gibson as the scapegoat for the entire first half". I don't blame him at all, it's not his fault he's picked, but he simply doesn't offer enough in terms of creativity, speed and forward running.

His game seems to involve playing the easiest available pass either backwards or sideways which don't help us to break teams down whatsoever. He's all too often just a passenger in games who doesn't offer nearly enough for a team pushing for the title. He's not a 'scapegoat' or an 'easy target' he just genuinely isn't good enough.
Yeah right.

I'm sick and tired of people on here pretending to be objective when they are anything but. When Gibson has a very good performance like he did vs Birmingham, just this weekend, showing defensive nouse and good passing skills, its chalked off as 'only being vs a poor Birmingham side''.

He had a an even greater game against Bayern last seaosn in Europe and some still had the audacity to say Carrick (who was fecking shit that day) and the other midfielders ''carried him''. In that same vein when he has a bad outing like everyone else on the team sheet, they say he did it 'because he isn't good enough''. While the other shit men on the night were ''just on an off day'':wenger:

He just can't win with some of you. It has nothing to do with his actually quality. No matter what he does he will always be shit for some of you and not good enough.

Spot on. First half men like Scholes and Fletcher who are supposed to be leading the team and running our midfield were far worse than he. But it was okay for them to be that way because of ''past performances'' and some sort of crime that Gibson couldn't impact the game in our favours in such circumstances.

People are doing worse. Instead of admitting everyone had a bad night first half. They are claiming Gibson was shit last night because he is shit and it is okay to slag him alone off because the others who were shit too ''have been good in the past''. I don't know logic dumber and sadder than that really. Just check acu-idiot's post for starters.

Yeah right.

I'm sick and tired of people on here pretending to be objective when they are anything but. When Gibson has a very good performance like he did vs Birmingham, just this weekend, showing defensive nouse and good passing skills, its chalked off as 'only being vs a poor Birmingham side''.

He had a an even greater game against Bayern last seaosn in Europe and some still had the audacity to say Carrick (who was fecking shit that day) and the other midfielders ''carried him''. In that same vein when he has a bad outing like everyone else on the team sheet, they say he did it 'because he isn't good enough''. While the other shit men on the night were ''just on an off day'':wenger:

He just can't win with some of you. It has nothing to do with his actually quality. No matter what he does he will always be shit for some of you and not good enough.[/
QUOTE]

Why? Do you think we all just got together one day and picked a player at random that we would all say is a bit crap on the internet for a laugh? Here's a wild theory maybe, just maybe, people watch the match, form their opinion from that and perhaps that differs from yours. Crazy, I know.

Spot on. First half men like Scholes and Fletcher who are supposed to be leading the team and running our midfield were far worse than he. But it was okay for them to be that way because of ''past performances'' and some sort of crime that Gibson couldn't impact the game in our favours in such circumstances.

Nobody said it was okay for them to be crap, it happens from time to time. With those players it less frequent than Gibson. This isn't a thread for last nights game, it's a thread for whether Gibson's good enough. He hasn't proven he is. The others have. If you were to start a thread saying Fletcher and Scholes were a bit crap in the first half last night, I'm sure plenty would agree. I know I would.

Yeah right.

He just can't win with some of you. It has nothing to do with his actually quality. No matter what he does he will always be shit for some of you and not good enough.

Just noticed this. You haven't been to see that head doctor yet then I see. Have a read through the thread and come back when you understand it.

Nobody said it was okay for them to be crap, it happens from time to time. With those players it less frequent than Gibson. This isn't a thread for last nights game, it's a thread for whether Gibson's good enough. He hasn't proven he is. The others have. If you were to start a thread saying Fletcher and Scholes were a bit crap in the first half last night, I'm sure plenty would agree. I know I would.

He hasn't had a decent run to prove whether he is or not yet though, just a game now & again, fair enough he started the last two but he put in a very good shift against Birmingham & last night fell foul to what in my opinion was wrong tactics & had to be taken off, but up until that point he was doing ok, like i already said played a few nice one two's (Rooney chance) & moved the ball quite well when he got it.

Over all for a lad that is only getting a game now & again he is actually doing quite well. Played well up until the sending off & opened the scoring against Bayern Munich last season, played well & got on the score sheet against Spurs, did well & was arguably our MOTM against Rangers at OT this season, played well against Birmingham last Saturday, the lad isn't half as bad as some on here, particulary you are making out at all.

I find it amusing how one can say for sure a player is crap / shit without the lad getting a decent run if i'm being honest.

Fletcher and Scholes were also fairly poor yesterday. However, they both created a goal and influenced the game. Gibson does not have and never will possess this ability.

Most of midfield play happens off the ball. Gibson is dreadfully lacking in this area. He is positionally poor and static.

He hasn't had a decent run to prove whether he is or not yet though, just a game now & again, fair enough he started the last two but he put in a very good shift against Birmingham & last night fell foul to what in my opinion was wrong tactics & had to be taken off, but up until that point he was doing ok, like i already said played a few nice one two's (Rooney chance) & moved the ball quite well when he got it. .

We can't afford to give him a run in the side. It'll cost us the title. He was loaned out to Wolves and didn't impress and he hasn't impressed since his return. It's not like he's 19 either, he's 24 this year.

Why? Do you think we all just got together one day and picked a player at random that we would all say is a bit crap on the internet for a laugh?
Because several idiots you did the same thing with O'shea. Then Fletcher and Berbatov. That's why! Scape goatism is what they do best. It's not new behaviour. But I don't expect village idiots like yourself to understand it.

And don't bother replying to this. I'd rather you share your regular dose of bollocks with some one else other than me.

He hasn't had a decent run to prove whether he is or not yet though, just a game now & again, fair enough he started the last two but he put in a very good shift against Birmingham & last night fell foul to what in my opinion was wrong tactics & had to be taken off, but up until that point he was doing ok, like i already said played a few nice one two's (Rooney chance) & moved the ball quite well when he got it.

Over all for a lad that is only getting a game now & again he is actually doing quite well. Played well up until the sending off & opened the scoring against Bayern Munich last season, played well & got on the score sheet against Spurs, did well & was arguably our MOTM against Rangers at OT this season, played well against Birmingham last Saturday, the lad isn't half as bad as some on here, particulary you are making out at all.

I find it amusing how one can say for sure a player is crap / shit without the lad getting a decent run if i'm being honest.
Trust me mate, it's a waste of time trying to reason with some of these people.

We can't afford to give him a run in the side. It'll cost us the title. He was loaned out to Wolves and didn't impress and he hasn't impressed since his return. It's not like he's 19 either, he's 24 this year.

The fact is that he was injured whilst at Wolves

If we win or lose the title, it wont be decided just because Darron Gibson has been playing, thats just complete nonsense

Trust me mate, it's a waste of time trying to reason with some of these people.

I hardly know of any, apart from a few people on here, who still feel he should be playing at this level. The majority at Old Trafford lost patience with him months ago hence the constant "Shooooot!" shouts he gets whenever he's on the ball (I'm sure someone will try to claim that these aren't sarcastic shouts but i assure you they are. Partly why he gets them no matter where he is on the pitch :lol:).

I think most people would agree that their heart sinks a little when they see him in our midfield because we know we're in for a struggle to compensate for his inadequacies. I think those who still feel he warrants a place in Manchester United's midfield, despite countless ineffective performances, are in the minority. Quite a small one too.

Because several idiots you did the same thing with O'shea. Then Fletcher and Berbatov. That's why! Scape goatism is what they do best. It's not new behaviour. But I don't expect village idiots like yourself to understand it.

And don't bother replying to this. I'd rather you share your regular dose of bollocks with some one else other than me.

We're going to have to hire one hell of a function hall when picking our next victim. The last do at Wembley was a bit of a squeeze. You're an idiot.

The fact is that he was injured whilst at Wolves

If we win or lose the title, it wont be decided just because Darron Gibson has been playing, thats just complete nonsense

But that's not what i said. I said that if we give him a run in the side it will cost us the title. Luckily we won't because Fergie isn't mentally ill.

We're going to have to hire one hell of a function hall when picking our next victim. The last do at Wembley was a bit of a squeeze. You're an idiot.
Kiss my arse. I don't value a single thing you say frankly. So I suggest you say things to someone else who gives a shit about your opinion. Unless you are too stupid to do so.

I hardly know of any, apart from a few people on here, who still feel he should be playing at this level. The majority at Old Trafford lost patience with him months ago hence the constant "Shooooot!" shouts he gets whenever he's on the ball (I'm sure someone will try to claim that these aren't sarcastic shouts but i assure you they are. Partly why he gets them no matter where he is on the pitch :lol:).

I think most people would agree that their heart sinks a little when they see him in our midfield because we know we're in for a struggle to compensate for his inadequacies. I think those who still feel he warrants a place in Manchester United's midfield, despite countless ineffective performances, are in the minority. Quite a small one too.
I read the exact same things on here about Fletcher 3 years back. Remember how that turned out

But that's not what i said. I said that if we give him a run in the side it will cost us the title. Luckily we won't because Fergie isn't mentally ill.

But if he isn't why didn't he off-load Gibson before now?

I mean it was obvious to you & many others that he was shit 5 years ago when he was just 19.

and i responded to your post that if we lose the title it won't just be because Darron Gibson has had a run of games. Strange comment to make

Fergie continues to play him, so are you saying the greatest living manager is mentally ill?

Someone probly said this already but Fletcher in his early years was picked on by alot of United fans in the same way gibbo is been picked on now, but look at the last couple of seasons fletcher has been one of our top preformers.

Also if he wasnt good enough Fergie wouldnt be playing him would he? He sees the lad week in week out in training.

and i responded to your post that if we lose the title it won't just be because Darron Gibson has had a run of games. Strange comment to make

Fergie continues to play him, so are you saying the greatest living manager is mentally ill?

:lol: Clearly not. I'm saying that if he was to give him a run of games in the side (i suppose 3 or more games in a row- Instead of Scholes, Fletcher or Carrick) which would, in my opinion, almost certainly cost us points, he'd be mad.

Someone probly said this already but Fletcher in his early years was picked on by alot of United fans in the same way gibbo is been picked on now, but look at the last couple of seasons fletcher has been one of our top preformers.

Also if he wasnt good enough Fergie wouldnt be playing him would he? He sees the lad week in week out in training.

Fletcher is a few days short of his 27th birthday, Gibson 23. I'm not sure 4 years ago Fletch was being slated in the same way...was he?

Fletcher is a few days short of his 27th birthday, Gibson 23. I'm not sure 4 years ago Fletch was being slated in the same way...was he?

4 or 5 whatever...... you get my point, he has to be given time to develop, Fergie obviously sees potential like he did in fletch when not many others did, lets just hope Gibson follows in fletchs path.

It was almost exactly four years ago when Fletcher was just starting to turn the corner, after being long established as the redcafe whipping boy of choice.

https://www.redcafe.net/f6/fletcher-again-125402/

I doubt Gibson will play enough football to develop in the same way. Far too much competition for places in the era of the sugar-daddy.

I doubt Gibson will play enough football to develop in the same way. Far too much competition for places in the era of the sugar-daddy.

That's as good a point as any in this. Maybe in the past he'd have been able to get the games he needs to continue to develop. But it would prove much more costly now.