Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

he played well today but i think that he will never command a midfield the way keaneo and scholes did/can

He is ok for cover but United need a world class midfielder to keep challenging in europe and the prem

I prefer him to Anderson in game like this. Anderson is very lazy and pedestrian. He does next to nothing to help his midfield partner(s). At least Gibson is an honest, hard-worker.

He's an average footballer IMO. But given our standard of play today that was more than good enough. In fact it was very good! He did well.

And yet he's called a poor passer by the average caftard...hmmm.

I'll say it again. No surprise kietotheworld didn't realise that was Gibson making the pass, seems to have made a habit of that.

He was lively when he came on, actually helped us quite a bit I must say, and believe me I'm not one of the lads biggest fans.

I'll say it again. No surprise kietotheworld didn't realise that was Gibson making the pass, seems to have made a habit of that.

I was watching on a stream, the commentator said it was Carrick who made the pass.

Not good enough to play for us but was a huge improvement on Obertan today.

Thought he did alright today, cant fault him.

Still looks a bit fat though.

He was our best midfielder when he came on. And that doesnt really speak for the performance of the others.

Fletcher always got much crap but got through that all and I hope Gibson can reach that level but I don't see it. His attitude just stinks on the pitch to often. If you're gonna make the other MC's pull your weight in defensive duties than you have to at least offer more upfront than the average player.

Fletcher always got much crap but got through that all and I hope Gibson can reach that level but I don't see it. His attitude just stinks on the pitch to often. If you're gonna make the other MC's pull your weight in defensive duties than you have to at least offer more upfront than the average player.

Thats nonsense tbf.

A reasonable display today. He's been better than Anderson the last 2 games.

Anderson has started 3 games in one week and another one coming up so that will be 4 in ten days. Gibson just made one start two days ago and a sub appearance today.

I'd like to point out that I've said he is a great passer since he came into the team. Surprise surprise, the more he plays and gets confidence, the better he is able to show his passing ability. Don't understand why the caf hates him so much.

I agree; I'm baffled by the amount of shit he gets from the caf. On the whole, he's a decent squad player and if we ever had a midfield injury crisis, he would be a good option to have.

I agree; I'm baffled by the amount of shit he gets from the caf. On the whole, he's a decent squad player and if we ever had a midfield injury crisis, he would be a good option to have.

Nothing surprises me, I remember all the shit Fletcher used to get.

lets be honest, last night was one of gibbo's best performances without a goal, but United on the whole were not up to our standard. We can argue till the cows come home that it wasn't gibsons fault but in the end, every player has to do their bit and if thats Gibo at his best minus goals, well, he's not United material. A good squad player he might be, but we don't need another squad player, especially with Scholes retiring in the not too distant future. We need a player thats willing to take a game and turn it around and Gibo just isn't that kind of player. I'd love it if he turned it around ala Berba, but at his age, I just don't see it. Even Fletcher had some great qualities about him in terms of movement and tackling but Gibo just has his shooting and he's not really a striker... I hope he goes on loan to find himself because I don't see him as a United player if last night is all he can offer as an impact sub.

and to counteract Top's post. Nobody at this level is average, its just that they don't push up that standard like a select view. Its nothing to be ashamed off, hell, I think most caftards would sell their mother to be where he is, just that he may not be United quality.

Jury is out whether he'd become a United regular, I'm for one who absolutely thinks he won't be more than a squad player.

SAF has mentioned as has Scholes, Gibson is the same type of MF that Scholes is...

Well actually from my perspective, he is still a long way... His composure on the ball, his passing range, his vision, his shot, they still are all inferior when you compare him to the master. It's not like they can improve with the faith SAF has put in, he certainly needs more games, builds up more stamina and confidence.

Still a long way away, but certainly the signs have been positive rather than negative, he has had a couple of bad games.... Well they all do.

I still think he is going to be gone this summer unless he fancies sitting on the bench and not playing every week, in which case he is a good squad player to use for Carling Cup games.