Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
The talent is there but, too often the drive isn't. Today he's been running at pace with the ball and been decisive. For him to continue here he needs to play at this level more often.
That's actually a great critical post.

All too often our fans go on the attack with no cop on in what they're saying. I think anyone with half a brain could tell Gibson has talent to burn. He's a big strong boy too, but he really does have to play with the determination he's shown tonight.

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
lots of people still think of football like it was 15-20 years ago where you always played your best 11, Gibson would never get near the first 11 as it was then and would only have gotten a game if Robbo was injured (so he´d have gotten 30 games a season ;) ), so he´d have played 5 or 6 games a season and done a decent job and then would have moved to a mid-table team after a few years to be replaced by some other similar player.

nowadays though he´s lucky enough to play in times of squad football and that means he´ll get 25 games a season and even though he will do a decent job he´ll still be just a second string footballer in lots of peoples minds, very few will ever put him as a first name on the team sheet kind of player but you know what,it doesn´t matter cos players like gibson will always have a part to play,you just wont remember them for long.

Cina

Fantastic assist, if Iniesta did that people would be ***pppping like nuts

and what a hard shot.

I love Gibbo, another semi final at OT, another class performance.
:confused: What was the other one?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well done Gibbo!

Another good performance to prove his worth as a valuable squad member.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Did very well tonight, once again looked good in a midfield three.

Aint gota Kalou

I think in the last few months his composure on the ball has improved a hell of a lot. Worked really hard too tonight which is something I've been a bit critical of.

Was very good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well done Gibson. The pass for the first goal was delightful. The weight on it was perfect.

IL_DUCE

Gibson was obviously good enough today, and it appears now quite clear why SAF has faith in him. Let us hope that this experience will help accelerate his development, and increase his consistency.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
performances like that on a regular basis are going to shove it in the doubters faces, of which i am one.

well done darren, great stuff tonight

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Think he's very much like Lampard. Can look gash in a midfield two but with two other midfielders and a licence to go forward he can look very good indeed.

acnumber9

Probably the best I've seen him play. Worked harder then he usually does too. Made the right choices when he was on the ball too.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No he's nowhere near good enough. Why would you want a player like him in our squad.
:wenger::lol:

Another great game by the lad, he's pushing himself further and further up the pecking order.

Godfather

Damn good performance from him. Very good passing, a goal and even his off-the ball movement was pretty decent.

Keep it up lad

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Was given too much space in the centre of the park. Schalke obviously didn't learn the lessons of last week and this time Gibson sent them packing.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
At the end of the day this was Schalke, likewise with Anderson.. both played well but nothing to get hyped about. Happy for him though, imo he's a valuable member of the squad even if it means he just features in games like these.. the fact he's a goal threat from midfield makes him standout in such encounters.

As long as he's content with this fill in role, then I can't see why he can't stay here a long time. Depends on his level of ambition.. and how much playing time he desires.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Best player on the pitch tonight imo, just hope he keeps it up.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
At the end of the day this was Schalke, likewise with Anderson.. both played well but nothing to get hyped about.
Yep.

You just have to look at Anderson's performance over the weekend. Well done to him and all but he needs to give regular displays like that.

Not a bad squad player mind