Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun are reporting his father has passed away. Absolutely horrible for the lad.

Last edited:
If we can get another winger, we can play different formation depending on the team. Hopefully maybe have Martial playing as a striker, who I believe would perform better than Rashford.

How awful for him and his family.

His poor dad nearly seeing him on the verge of signing for united, now he won’t.

Talk about the highs and lows of life. RIP.

Horrible news.

Hope he takes the time he needs and neither us nor Swansea try to pressure him.

Ah man that's frigging rotten, poor kid is about to make the move of his career and his old man won't get to see it happen, how very sad.

Thoughts with the lad, awful for him and his family. Completely understand the delay now. RIP.

Very sad. Hopefully the negotiations were already proceeding in which case his father passed knowing such proud news. Granted I'm sure he was immensely proud anyways.

Looks like this transfer saga will drag on for another while.

RIP to his dad is the most important thing at the moment.

This'll probably be left for a while now, he'll have enough on his plate right now. Hopefully it won't scupper the move entirely.

And if we want to do anything of note next year we need maybe 10 out and 10 in. We have 2 outs so far, one of which is far from ideal.

We also have noise around De Gea so that creates another problem.
Yeah, I've written de gea off as leaving now. He's supposedly refused a final contract offer. His end of season form and the way he stormed out of the ground after the last game didn't look very positive at all either.

If we can get another winger, we can play different formation depending on the team. Hopefully maybe have Martial playing as a striker, who I believe would perform better than Rashford.

Honestly you have Zero evidence to back up that statement. Martial has all the talent but zero application

The poor lad. What should be an exciting time for him and this happens. Losing a parent is a milestone in anyone’s life. Deepest sympathies to him and his family. May his Dad R.I.P.

Does anyone think there's a possibility we could be looking at James and sessegnon with the intention of moving to a wing back system? Not many players could get up and down the flank as quickly as James does. He'd be a real handful.

Makes sense as to why signing has been delayed then.

RIP to his father.

just seen his stats, which are being touted as fantastic. hmmmm - I am willing to be convinced but I smell another Alan Brazil

Feel really sorry for him. Must be such a tough time. Will have to move clubs, area and also deal with this.

Looks like both clubs have handled it well.

just seen his stats, which are being touted as fantastic. hmmmm - I am willing to be convinced but I smell another Alan Brazil
Not sure anybody has said his stats are fantastic? It's more his potential that people are excited by.

He's a little rough around the edges but his speed is unstoppable. He will scare defences way more than a Lingard/Mata will individually, which is what we're crying out for.

We hoped Martial would be that guy, but his work rate just doesn't allow it. Hopefully a decent challenge will put a rocket up him.

Maybe his byline running creates space for our CFs to make good runs, might even take attacking fullbacks a breather to reorganize defence.

Currently its easy to defend against us.
Shut down pogba. Block crosses from the deep and wait for jones kill us off.

James will surely upgrade our wings. Maybe not with craft but with grit.

Don't know the circumstances of his fathers death, but I hope he knew that his son was about to hit the big time.

Rest in Peace.

Hopefully Swansea stop mucking about now and just agree a sensible fee so he can move forward. This dragging out will be the last thing he needs.

Sad news about his father.

Tragedies like this can often be the spring board of extra motivation and success for some individuals, hopefully Dan can use the pain as the fuel to get to the top at United and make good of a really bad situation.

Wow.. He was just about to make a dream move and then this happens. Talk about bad luck. Hope he is able to stay strong. That shit is tough.. :(

Honestly you have Zero evidence to back up that statement. Martial has all the talent but zero application

I think his first season with us proves who’s the better striker. He just needs someone to believe and coach him.

Horrible news all the best to him. Personally though I would want this transfer done and dusted with a set date for pre-season. I think it would benefit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.