Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’ve enquired but we’re lining all our ducks up in a row and he’s maybe plan B or a long term project

We may have enquired but it still remains to be seen whether we’ll sign him. Some in here seem to think we should have wrapped this up by now.

Maybe we do actually really want him but we just take ages as usual, to get it done.

Buy him, then if Biesla stays at Leeds loan him for a hefty fee, we get to see what he's really made of in a team like that, Leeds get promoted, then we get a better player back next season in what will hopefully be calmer waters.

It'd be hard to see us losing money on him, which is a step up from most of our recent transfers.
Dude its a transfer thread moreover we as a club never make such sensible moves. Bring your sensible thoughts somewhere else.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-dan-james-wales-swansea

Article which I found interesting about Daniel James.

Graham Potter seemed to like him when he said “Dan’s not playing against bad players, they’re not physically weak defenders, but he leaves them for dust, The ability to sprint repeatedly, it’s as high a level as you’re going to see. He’s got lots to work on but he had an end product today and I thought he was sensational.”
Which he exclaimed after James scored goal "that" goal against Brentford.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-dan-james-wales-swansea

Article which I found interesting about Daniel James.

Graham Potter seemed to like him when he said “Dan’s not playing against bad players, they’re not physically weak defenders, but he leaves them for dust, The ability to sprint repeatedly, it’s as high a level as you’re going to see. He’s got lots to work on but he had an end product today and I thought he was sensational.”
Which he exclaimed after James scored goal "that" goal against Brentford.

Wonder if he signs him for Brighton

Alan Nixon. One of the most reliable for lower league clubs. Gets everything more or less right

This guy really lives up to his Twitter handle with level of detail he gives in each tweet.
It's not that that's the problem, it's that he keeps bloody calling us Man 'U' urgh.

Im all for signing young hungry players who play with courage.

Even i have issues with pure speed merchants but we have none at the club and surely this guy is an upgrade over everyone we have currently in the flanks right? RIGHT?

I have not seen James played, but it wouldn't be exactly hard to find someone better than Lingard or Mata RIGHT??

Dele Alli as well. We have NO excuse for not going in for him either given how comfortably he smashed us in that 4-0 MK Dons game.

I’m convinced people on these forums think an exotic name or reputation > talent and hard work. They were the same complaints about every Ferguson signing (that mainly won us trophies)

Jesus yeah Dele Ali haha can tell it was Friday! So many that we normally wait around for other clubs to take a chance on them then we end up paying triple figures, take a chance get some young hungry quick players in.

Yeah lets go and pay 120m for Bale! No thanks, only way I would be happy with Bale is if we sort out a loan for a year so we can spend the money on other positions then maybe go for Sancho next year.

Think we were linked with every man and his dog over the weekend so hopefully some movement this week.

Potential is what we are signing. This lad is like one of many of the other top teams signings that go back out on loan to further their development. This isn't any statement from Ole about a different transfer policy just something we have done and no different to what we have done previously. If signed, he'll be no where near the first team....

I'm doubting this transfer as just more rubbish from sky sports, if we were really interested in this guy this deal would be wrapped real quick, the scary alternative is that Woodward is struggling badly to tie up such a simple transfer with no real competition for the guy and would mean we would be in for yet another awful summer of dealings.

I do not see the point in signing this lad and loaning him to Brighton for the year. If he is really that raw at age 21, why would we not want him at our club under the eye of our development staff? If we do bring him in, I would like to see him given chances, and if he does not look up to it, then consider loaning him in the January window to see if regular game time makes a difference.

Where did you read that?

Those tweets posted in this thread (higher up the page). The guy could be wumming and know nothing, but says "loaning to Brighton is in our plans." It would be a confusing turn of events if it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.