Dani Olmo

He had a 60m€ release clause expiring a month ago, and now Barca come in with 4 weeks less left in the window to reportedly offer 59m € to Leipzig.
These guys can't help themselves but be dumb arseholes, can they :lol:
I am very certain it has something to do with the business year ending June 30.

Great. This means Barca can’t afford Nico Williams.
He's already given reassurances to Barcelona that they can have his signature next summer and that he isn't leaving bilabo this summer. That's why Barcelona moved for Olmo now. They can sort finances out for next summer to pay for nico.

He's already given reassurances to Barcelona that they can have his signature next summer and that he isn't leaving bilabo this summer. That's why Barcelona moved for Olmo now. They can sort finances out for next summer to pay for nico.
I didn’t know this. Thanks for the heads up. You’re probably right then about the Catalonian banks helping them out or they are getting money from some shady “unofficial” source. They are supposedly broke.

Why great? You want Arsenal to get Nico Williams?
No, so WE can buy him.

He will be available for the same price next summer. They will buy him then.
Unless he only wants Barca, which might be the case since nobody is going for him this window so far. If not, they won’t get a free run at home, especially being skint as they are.

So we can buy him hehe
:devil:

Where did you get this info seriously. The story yesterday was Barcelona telling him they might not be back for him in the future :lol:

Where did you get this info seriously. The story yesterday was Barcelona telling him they might not be back for him in the future :lol:
Must be getting news from a bozo like Romero. The funny thing is all the news coming out is he’s close to getting a new renovation with an even higher release clause. :lol:

Will be Olmo Gundogan(Gavi when fit) and Yamal behind Lewandowski.

Pedri and De Jong behind them.
You think they will play like that???

---------------------------Lewandowski
Olmo----------------Gündogan/Gavi-----------Yamal
----------De Jong----------------------------Pedri

Pedri can play out wide also, anyway they are stacked in the creating department now. But relying only on De Jong to control the game?

I think they will this season. Then when they get Nico Williams next summer, it will be interesting to see how they all fit in....

I think they will this season. Then when they get Nico Williams next summer, it will be interesting to see how they all fit in....
There is no real defensive midfielder in this line-up.....their defence would be very very open.

Combine this with Flick‘s style and this proposed set-up seems suicidal.

Maybe they try to get Kimmich on a free next summer as a DM?

Will be Olmo Gundogan(Gavi when fit) and Yamal behind Lewandowski.

Pedri and De Jong behind them.
I'd be more than worried if my first team has two players in there who are on their last legs. Shouldn't they try to bring in replacements for Gündogan and Lewa first?

Finally returning to Barca at a time when Real are a juggernaut and he will continue to win nothing. Seems like another bad move for someone so gifted.
With his injury history, a 6 year deal is a blessing, Barca are insane for doing this.

I'd be more than worried if my first team has two players in there who are on their last legs. Shouldn't they try to bring in replacements for Gündogan and Lewa first?
Olmo is gundogan replacement, just playing on left wing this season.

They will probably spunk a ridiculous amount of money on the Napoli striker next summer as a replacement for leo

Olmo is gundogan replacement, just playing on left wing this season.

They will probably spunk a ridiculous amount of money on the Napoli striker next summer as a replacement for leo
Ah I see. Not too convinced by those to be honest, always thought Osimhen is a fair bit less involved than Lewa is. And I always had Gündogan in my mind with a fairly rounded skillset, is Olmo comparable - always had him as an attacker who doesn't offer a lot against the ball.

Olmo can play as a false 9 also though so once they also sign Williams I wouldn’t be surprised to see something like,

De Jong Gavi Pedri

Yamal Olmo Williams

That will allow the older players like Lewandowski, Gundogan and Sergi Roberto to have their minutes managed whilst having strength in depth on the bench in Raphinha, Torres, Lopez, Victor at the same time.

Ah I see. Not too convinced by those to be honest, always thought Osimhen is a fair bit less involved than Lewa is. And I always had Gündogan in my mind with a fairly rounded skillset, is Olmo comparable - always had him as an attacker who doesn't offer a lot against the ball.
Osimhen was a random suggestion as Barcelona will probably have to buy a marquee centre forward to replace leo eventually. Pini Zahavi his agent and also the agent of Hans flick doesn't have any other marquee Centre Forwards on his books.

Leo is supremely fit for his age, like CR7 and zlatan they really take care of their bodies. Wouldn't surprise me if Zahavi tried to keep Leo at Barcelona for as long as possible until he can sign a marquee CF to his agency and recommend that CF to Barcelona.

Olmo can play as a false 9 also though so once they also sign Williams I wouldn’t be surprised to see something like,

De Jong Gavi Pedri

Yamal Olmo Williams
Who is supposed to score goals in that setup? And Gavi as DM?

Finally returning to Barca at a time when Real are a juggernaut and he will continue to win nothing. Seems like another bad move for someone so gifted.

Didn't Barca win the league in 2022/23? Hell, even in Real's Champions League pomp of the 10's, Barca were winning more La Ligas than Real. If there's one thing history tells you, it's that Real being a juggernaut in Europe doesn't always correlate with them winning La Liga.

There's always every chance that Barca could win the league.

Osimhen was a random suggestion as Barcelona will probably have to buy a marquee centre forward to replace leo eventually. Pini Zahavi his agent and also the agent of Hans flick doesn't have any other marquee Centre Forwards on his books.

Leo is supremely fit for his age, like CR7 and zlatan they really take care of their bodies. Wouldn't surprise me if Zahavi tried to keep Leo at Barcelona for as long as possible until he can sign a marquee CF to his agency and recommend that CF to Barcelona.

A name I haven't seen or heard in years. There's no way he could still be heavily involved as an agent, he must be nearly 100.

Didn't Barca win the league in 2022/23? Hell, even in Real's Champions League pomp of the 10's, Barca were winning more La Ligas than Real. If there's one thing history tells you, it's that Real being a juggernaut in Europe doesn't always correlate with them winning La Liga.

There's always every chance that Barca could win the league.

That’s very true, it’s hard to look past Madrid’s squad now though and Barcelona’s financial issues. I don’t think there has been a bigger gap between the squads for quite some time.

A name I haven't seen or heard in years. There's no way he could still be heavily involved as an agent, he must be nearly 100.
He‘s 80 but still involved. He allegedly helped in getting Kane to Bayern. Maybe he was mending fences since his last two clients at Bayern (Alaba and Lewandowski) didn‘t leave on great terms.

Who is supposed to score goals in that setup? And Gavi as DM?
Most thought the same with Spain in their peak years playing with no striker at times and Morata a few weeks ago but the goals came from everywhere and they’d still be Lewandowski on the bench, Gavi himself says he prefers to play deep and is no less a defensive midfielder than De Jong.

He‘s 80 but still involved. He allegedly helped in getting Kane to Bayern. Maybe he was mending fences since his last two clients at Bayern (Alaba and Lewandowski) didn‘t leave on great terms.

I remember him from being involved with Utd a fair bit, with a few big deals like Stam and Veron but especially with Ferdinand and then a lot of Chelsea stuff under Abramovich. Where he was apparently involved with Ferdinand being allegedly tapped up by Chelsea at one point and more tapping up stuff with Ashley cole. Then the whole Portsmouth thing which was all a bit like Mendes & Wolves, only 1000 times more dodgy.

Fair play to him to be still going at 80.

Most thought the same with Spain in their peak years playing with no striker at times and Morata a few weeks ago but the goals came from everywhere and they’d still be Lewandowski on the bench, Gavi himself says he prefers to play deep and is no less a defensive midfielder than De Jong.
Morata is a way bigger goal threat than anyone at Barca bar Lewy. And Gavi at DM is a yellow card after 30 minutes in every game.

Morata is a way bigger goal threat than anyone at Barca bar Lewy. And Gavi at DM is a yellow card after 30 minutes in every game.
They have Gundogan, but yes, it is an issue. Lewandowski being crap for most of last season was why they failed to at least push Madrid for the title. Assuming Olmo will compete with Lewandowski for the starting spot, my guess would be they'll try to spread the goals around

They have Gundogan, but yes, it is an issue. Lewandowski being crap for most of last season was why they failed to at least push Madrid for the title. Assuming Olmo will compete with Lewandowski for the starting spot, my guess would be they'll try to spread the goals around
Oh, I agree. But who is supposed to chip in with goals? Lamine is more the creator, Gündogan is over his purple patch, Fati and Ferran have never scored more than 7 goals, Raphinha is Raphina… They need Olmo and Lewy on the pitch at the same time.