Dani Olmo

The only reason I can see us keeping a close eye on this is if the Saudi club bid for Bruno is expected.

I would have bitten your hand off to get him in 2019; he was amazing in that U21 tournament that year. Super player, maybe not ideal for the English league.

Linked today with both Olmo and Xavi Simmons.....unless Bruno is leaving, we aren't going for either of the guys but if we did Xavi Simmons would be my preference but he's more versatile

Olmo is a good example of the new Spain rather than the old one. He's not your possession type worker who constantly gets on the ball and lets the ball do the work finding teammates all game patiently waiting for an opening.

He's more of an end product player who gets found by those players and he either plays the final pass or cross, or gets his shot away and can score from outside the box or in. He gives the ball away a decent amount and is fine with that because he backs himself to make the difference in a game in the end.

I think he would have worked with old Spain too because they needed the likes of Villa to make runs and get goals so he would have been really handy to also deploy as an added threat.

Class player but like many have said where would he fit into the team with Bruno is the big question

Last edited:
Does he not have the same release clause as Nico Williams? He's a top player but Williams would surely be the better option?

I have mainly seen him play for Spain and he always has a good game. He can play across the front line, so he can definitely play alongside Bruno and it won't be a either/or situation. The issue is when I look at his Wiki page he seems to miss a lot of games every season. I am not sure if that was because he was rotated or does he pick a lot of small niggles and injuries. €60m for him is a great price for him if it's not the latter.

I read before that he’s an alternative to Ugarte. Dunno how they worked that out as ones a DM and the other AM

Wonderful performance.

Shame about that injury history and our limited funds. Would be a no brainer otherwise.

Quality footballer.

Olmo and Palmer on the pitch at the same time was my version of a wet dream I think.

He will 100% go to City and be another anonymous face in their machine.

I’d much rather him that Xavi Simons.

I echoed the same thought in the player thread, I know he's considerably younger but from a technical perspective they are two totally different players.

Olmo has always been outstanding in his position, it's not anything new mostly a surprise he's stayed at Leipzig for as long as he has.

I don't think he was serious

No but I think Mount is a really excellent player so when people say things I read as needlessly ridiculing him, I see it as a nice way to reply to that without being needlessly confrontational.

Olmo over Rashford.

Garnacho and Olmo for the left wing this season would do nicely.