Dani Olmo

RedRocket9908

We are now being linked with Dani Olmo who has a reported release clause of €60m, Pep Guardiola has apparently also put him down as a target for City this summer.

Last edited:
This guy is made of glass. Coming to the most physical, high octane league in the world does not sound like a good idea.

Lazy journalism I feel. Plus, who the hell is this source?

With that being said, my Player of the Tournament.

Seems a perfect type for Pep and his system. Maybe a long term De Bruyne replacement. Can only see him here if Bruno leaves.

If Bruno left for the Saudi money. Could see this. But right now seems unlikely.

Matches / Goals / Assists (for Leipzig)
2023-2024: 25 / 8 / 5
2022-2023: 31 / 5 / 11
2021-2022: 31 / 4 / 5
2020-2021: 46 / 7 / 12
2019-2020: 18 / 5 / 1

So 29 goals and 34 assists in 151 matches isn't amazing + his injury-list is long = Please no :nono:

He's a fantastic player and would suit the prem in style, but no thanks with his injury record at that price. Bet Toni Kroos is regretting smashing Pedri into the stands now!

Matches / Goals / Assists (for Leipzig)
2023-2024: 25 / 8 / 5
2022-2023: 31 / 5 / 11
2021-2022: 31 / 4 / 5
2020-2021: 46 / 7 / 12
2019-2020: 18 / 5 / 1

So 29 goals and 34 assists in 151 matches isn't amazing + his injury-list is long = Please no :nono:

We don’t even need televisions anymore.

I feel like he’s been a popular name after tournaments before, and then the buzz completely dies.

If Bruno left for the Saudi money. Could see this. But right now seems unlikely.
Exactly, plays the role Bruno does for us. We also have Zirkzee who will drop into no10 spaces. How that works with Bruno remains to be seen.

Weird one, as he's been linked to Barcelona often, but Nico Williams is the ideal candidate for LW and Pedri/Gavi would take up the no10 roles for Barcelona. So no space for him there either.

No space for him at Madrid either.

He's been excellent at the Euros. Injury concerns aside, he wouldn't make any sense for us as we already have Mason Mount and Bruno Fernandes who occupy the same spaces and positions in the squad.

He's been excellent at the Euros. Injury concerns aside, he wouldn't make any sense for us as we already have Mason Mount and Bruno Fernandes who occupy the same spaces and positions in the squad.
Not rsaeally. He is also a natural wide left and right. He is basically similar to Bernardo Silva. Just right footed.

And you've never called him up to Bayern? Lesson number 2
I would take him. The one thing that stood in his way so far are injuries. Those are a very serious concern with him. If it wasn’t for those injuries, he wouldn’t be at Leipzig anymore.

He’s a baller. If we lose Bruno, will take him in a heartbeat. Ball player in that role is what we need.

Really doubt this is true. We're not gonna buy another attacking midfielder while we already employ Bruno, Mount, and Amad as well, whilst our only starting quality #8 is Mainoo and we don't have a proper #6 either.

However, if we were in the market for a #10, I think Olmo would be one of the names on the list.

I know him since his Croatia days (unusual trajectory) and he's always been very talented, if a bit of a luxury player, he was versatile but not really great in any of the modern roles in football. As he matured and starts entering his peak years now it seems like he added a bit to his game, mainly off the ball, and still kept the great technique, movement and eye for the goal. Lovely player and he'll soon earn the move to a better club than Leipzig - I'm not sure where we would fit him though, and it would make much more sense if we didn't spend so much on Mount that we already have to figure out where to play. He's not coming here

I really like the guy and seemingly does well whenever I see him but yeah probably bullshit rumor.

I feel like he’s been a popular name after tournaments before, and then the buzz completely dies.

The last Euros I think it was. He'd have the buzz all the time if he didn't get so many long term injuries.

Wonderful footballer but another player with big question marks over his fitness. I think he suits Pep ball better than how we play under ETH anyway, I think City will go for him.

Wonderful footballer but another player with big question marks over his fitness. I think he suits Pep ball better than how we play under ETH anyway, I think City will go for him.
Did you not read the post a few posts up saying City aren't interested?

Did you not read the post a few posts up saying City aren't interested?
No clearly not, sue me. Will be interesting to see where he ends up then but with Bruno and Mount here there's no room at United really.

On the numbers he doesn't look amazing but the eye test says something else, he looks spectacular in the way he carries the ball.

Wanted him when he was playing for Zagreb and was available for a cheap fee. Don't think he's worth what RB are going to demand for him.