Dan Ashworth 2024/2025

I think at board level they're better at keeping things quiet but at the football level is harder. The ten Hag saga was almost transparent
And always will be the case. Agents will talk to get the best deal for their player or manager. No agents really for admin staff, just lawyers/accountants someone like Ashworth would have.

According to Wikipedia he’s our sporting director and not our director of football. Who’s gonna be our DoF then?

Unless we develop a basketball team over the summer, surely Sporting Director is the same as Director of Football in this context?

Unless we develop a basketball team over the summer, surely Sporting Director is the same as Director of Football in this context?
Apparently not. Wikipedia says that the director of football (football director) position is vacant.

I think you’re getting mixed up with Sporting Director and Technical Director.

Apparently not. Wikipedia says that the director of football (football director) position is vacant.

To be fair, Wikipedia knows about as much of what positions are vacant at Manchester United as my wife does.

According to Wikipedia he’s our sporting director and not our director of football. Who’s gonna be our DoF then?
According to wikipedia they count the screen sport super cup as one of Liverpools trophies, a trophy that was made to honour the victims of heysel!

It's partly how successful we were in the 90s but more recently it feels like fans hate us because they're told to. So much biased coverage. A lot of clubs get it in periods but ours feels very sustained and hateful at times.

Compare that to what media darlings City get despite basically ruining the fabric of the sport.
Yh i agree with that i feel like hating united has become almost like a cultural norm, like its cool to hate on us and post jokes about us.

That is an oversimplification. You do understand how it works right, or are you just commenting for the sake of it?

Its a fact. You have a certain amount you can spend. He spent more than that now 2 years into getting them into trouble with FFP he gets to abandon them and do it here

They are effectively the same thing, with different clubs giving different titles to the same position. Then just to confuse it more, some clubs give that position the title of Technical Director, while at other clubs Technical Director is a different position that sometimes works underneath the DoF or Sporting Director (which is what we now have with Wilcox being our Technical Director working underneath Ashworth).

You'd think that we would have blacklisted that snake after the whole Tevez saga.

"Blacklisting" agents with the talent pool of clients he has is a sure way of missing out on potentially class players in an ever increasingly competitive market

It seems a bit suspicious that everything fell in place, right at the end of the month. Makes it seem like the negotiations were not about the money, but the start dates.

Looks a bit like Newcastle folded at the last minute because they needed the money before end 30th June for PSR compliance and thus a deal was struck.

It was always going to end with a settlement as that was the best outcome for all parties involved.

The Premier League website posted an article about Sporting Directors/Directors of Football today. Will link to it later if someone doesn't do it first.

Some covert conversations over the phone will have definitely gone on.

"Shall we put de ligt's on in the office for you on your first day?"
"Off to see the soleil boys later on with the missus, we love that Cirque, see, do you?"
"We like to mix our cereals with beer, specifically All Bran/Thwaites. We could easily eat 50 million bowls of these, how much do you reckon we should eat?"

:lol:

It's weird that no one reports on money. Last time it was some where from 1 to 15m

Its a fact. You have a certain amount you can spend. He spent more than that now 2 years into getting them into trouble with FFP he gets to abandon them and do it here
He created that "trouble" for this exact situation where he'd exploit it to jump ship. 4D chess

He created that "trouble" for this exact situation where he'd exploit it to jump ship. 4D chess

:lol: But whos saying this is the final move? Could do the same here and move to rivals.

Jokes aside the Newcastle business where they havent made great strides despite overspending in his 2 years there is what we'll likely be in for. It wont be anything new for us to overspend and not perform but obviously with new blood coming in you'd hope it wouldnt be more of the same. His work over the last couple of years is very similar to what we've already been doing.

It's weird that no one reports on money. Last time it was some where from 1 to 15m
Didn't the statements say they were keeping the price confidential?

Doesn't suit either to release what it was - just glad it's with immediate effect and the only thing to really wait for now is the recruitment and scouting department to be improved

Newcastle fans will be even more weird and bitter than they usually are.
Glad to see that. :lol: I use to have a friend who supported Man Utd for decades. But after Ronaldo being wiped out in 2022, he turned himself into a Newcastle fans. What a fence sitting idiot! I hope they will never win anything in his lifetime!!

Wasn't part of the reason he wanted to move because Eddie Howe was maringalising his influence on recruitment?

INEOS played a blinder in that one if it’s to be believed that the compensation fee was much lower than £10m. Peak bluff calling.

INEOS played a blinder in that one if it’s to be believed that the compensation fee was much lower than £10m. Peak bluff calling.
Thats what happens when you have competent people in charge. Unlike most of the former idiots or the resident Caf drama queens

Wasn't part of the reason he wanted to move because Eddie Howe was maringalising his influence on recruitment?

I’m sure Eddie Howe also brought his brother in to play a major part in the recruitment which hindered Ashworth and apparently created a tense working atmosphere.

Everything I’ve read is £5-£6 million and obviously Ratcliffe and his team knew that come June 30th Newcastle would have to do a deal or fail PSR and not be able to bring in an Ashworth replacement.

Target = Adam Wharton. Why? Because United want and need a controlling and ballplaying nr.6. A balance and controlling nr.6. That dictate, controlling and spread the ball around. Dictate the tempo and speed of the ball and passing.

Adam Wharton as nr.6 is what United and Ten Hag need to play proactive football. 433 total football.

Adam Wharton is Newcastle nr6 = Bruno and Xhaka nr.6 for Leverkusen and Switzerland. A controlling playmaker nr.6/CDM

Line up with Adam Wharton in a 433/451 formation :

RWNico Williams? - Bruno/8/RCM - Wharton/CDM/6 - Mainoo/LCM/8 - Rashford + Højlund.

There you have. A bit uncertain about RW. Garnacho was playing there, but United can level up from Garnacho. Get a better RW. But his 6 is combo is really good and has a really high level. On theirs best day together.

Adam Wharton is a intelligence player. He scans the pitch really good.

I think and believe Adam Wharton will be a key and important factor to United success in the future. A controlling CM/nr.6 like Wharton is really raw.

Like Gordon to Newcastle. Wharton is really ahtlete and run/cover a lot of area. I can see Wharton in that Gordon profile and type of player.

The physic and ball skill level are really high. Beside a consistent mentality like Gordon. Wharton reallly click many buttons.

Adam Wharton is a must for United. Age 20, the physic, ball skill and mentality = all top notch = a must buy for United this summer.

Target = Adam Wharton. Why? Because United want and need a controlling and ballplaying nr.6. A balance and controlling nr.6. That dictate, controlling and spread the ball around. Dictate the tempo and speed of the ball and passing.

Adam Wharton as nr.6 is what United and Ten Hag need to play proactive football. 433 total football.

Adam Wharton is Newcastle nr6 = Bruno and Xhaka nr.6 for Leverkusen and Switzerland. A controlling playmaker nr.6/CDM

RWNico Williams? - Bruno/8/RCM - Wharton/CDM/6 - Mainoo/LCM/8 - Rashford + Højlund.

There you have. A bit uncertain about RW. Garnacho was playing there, but United can level up from Garnacho. Get a better RW. But his 6 is combo is really good and has a really high level. On theirs best day together.

I think and believe Adam Wharton will be a key and important factor to United success in the future. A controlling CM/nr.6 like Wharton is really raw.

Like Gordon to Newcastle. Wharton is really ahtlete and run/cover a lot of area. I can see Wharton in that Gordon profile and type of player.

The physic and ball skill level are really high. Beside a consistent mentality like Gordon. Wharton reallly click many buttons.

Adam Wharton is a must for United. Age 20, the physic, ball skill and mentality = all top notch = a must buy for United this summer.
This reads like a ChatGPT output.

Can someone translate to English?

Funny how we seem to be in for all of Dan Ashworths wanted signings despite him being on gardening leave all summer...
But majority of the posters on here are absolutely convinced that all our targets are led by ETH again?

Does someone have a watertight source for how much we actually paid for ashworth?