Dan Ashworth 2024/2025

Could well be that Ashworth's threat to go to arbitration has made Newcastle fear that any resolution would not be favourable for them and so they've had a quick rethink!

Could well be that Ashworth's threat to go to arbitration has made Newcastle fear that any resolution would not be favourable for them and so they've had a quick rethink!

More likely they realised they still had a small PSR hole after their inflated sales of Minteh/Anderson and came to us saying if we pay the amount they'll free him up for an immediate start. I heard it was significantly less than the £20m they wanted so I'd hazard a guess at about £5/6m.

More likely they realised they still had a small PSR hole after their inflated sales of Minteh/Anderson and came to us saying if we pay the amount they'll free him up for an immediate start. I heard it was significantly less than the £20m they wanted so I'd hazard a guess at about £5/6m.
I think the owners and directors were throwing their weight around trying to be Billy big bollocks and eventually the accountants finally made clear how dire the situation is and that they cannot turn down free money on top of paying his contract for another year.

Selling Mainoo and Garnacho by the looks of Newcastle's FFP

Hardly equivalent to Newcastle are we? Our revenues dwarf theirs and given the worst year has dropped off the accounts we’ll have zero PSR/FFP issues for the most part just as we always have.

Hardly equivalent to Newcastle are we? Our revenues dwarf theirs and given the worst year has dropped off the accounts we’ll have zero PSR/FFP issues for the most part just as we always have.

Spend more than you have and same result

That is an oversimplification. You do understand how it works right, or are you just commenting for the sake of it?

Just commenting for the sake of it.

It's clear that the boards set the budget and the DoFs job is to build the team within those remits. DoFs are not involved in setting the budgets - can they ask for more funds? Sure. But that doesn't mean it will be sanctioned by the Glazers and new board that's been formed which includes execs like Roger Bell.

Whatever Ashworth did at NUFC was under the direct supervision of Steveley, Eagles and the PIF as evidenced by the Amazon Prime documentary. If anybody thinks Ashworth is solely responsible for what's happened at NUFC then I have a bridge to sell you.

"The terms of this agreement remain confidential between the clubs".

Newcastle saving face? Otherwise why would it be confidential?

Could be either club saving face but not worth thinking about, it’s done now and we move on

"The terms of this agreement remain confidential between the clubs".

Newcastle saving face? Otherwise why would it be confidential?

I can’t remember a football club coming out with details whenever they’ve taken a manager or a backroom staff member from another club.

I love they’ve only referred to them as Newcastle - that’ll take the Geordie piss boiling up a notch.

With Dan Ashworth in does that mean the structure is all in place now? (Not including coaches that are meant to be in place this week)

The figure will eventually be revealed in the next set of published accounts anyway won't it?

Either way glad it's done

best signing since Cristiano (first time not second stint)

That is an oversimplification. You do understand how it works right, or are you just commenting for the sake of it?

Seems like some people struggle to understand the difference between a DoF and an accountant.

Im fairly sure they think PSR are just round whole numbers added and subtracted, and not the incredibly complex mixtures of wages, fees, time, and amortisation they actually are.

If nothing else, it means that we can now have a more settled back room. Let’s hope that we see good effect from that on the pitch.

With Dan Ashworth in does that mean the structure is all in place now? (Not including coaches that are meant to be in place this week)

Berrada, Blanc, Brailsford, Ashworth, Wilcox and ETH with RVN and Hake are all now in place so outside of maybe scouts and the medical department I’d say that everything is now in place in regards to the footballing structure although I do think it’ll be summer of 2025 before we really see it bear fruit properly.

Bit hard to judge his time at Newcastle as he didn't start till summer 22. Think looking at his time at Brighton and the legacy there is more telling

He was at Newcastle almost as long as Brighton. How much you can glean from those spells is anyone’s guess.

The 6 years at the FA is the most telling period. England were revolutionised between when he started in 2012 and the last Euros. How much of that was him vs Southgate is anyone’s guess. I suspect both, and that being a huge factor in the Southgate rumours.