Dan Ashworth 2024/2025

There goes our budget. Newcastle's FFP woes and strangely unbalanced side with some good players fielded next to some average at best happened under his watch.

Bit hard to judge his time at Newcastle as he didn't start till summer 22. Think looking at his time at Brighton and the legacy there is more telling

Glad this was settled like grown-ups. I can’t see a fee being mentioned to save face certainly for Newcastle’s side and what they were demanding and hopefully not so much for our side.

Good to have the trinity of Ashworth, Berrada and Wilcox in time for the pre-season tour.

The four main appointments are settled now. Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox and ETH.

Now to the transfer threads!

There goes our budget. Newcastle's FFP woes and strangely unbalanced side with some good players fielded next to some average at best happened under his watch.

I'll give it three transfers before folk start calling him gashworth.

Newcastle fans will be even more weird and bitter than they usually are.
I feel like alot of random clubs are really bitter and hateful about united. Aston villa and crystal palace is another one, even brighton, its weird. We truly do take space in alot of peoples heads

I feel like alot of random clubs are really bitter and hateful about united. Aston villa and crystal palace is another one, even brighton, its weird. We truly do take space in alot of peoples heads

It's partly how successful we were in the 90s but more recently it feels like fans hate us because they're told to. So much biased coverage. A lot of clubs get it in periods but ours feels very sustained and hateful at times.

Compare that to what media darlings City get despite basically ruining the fabric of the sport.

It's because you were really good for ages and as a result you have a ton of fans all over the place.

He would almost certainly have already been involved in the discussions internally for those in some capacity.
Some covert conversations over the phone will have definitely gone on.

"Shall we put de ligt's on in the office for you on your first day?"
"Off to see the soleil boys later on with the missus, we love that Cirque, see, do you?"
"We like to mix our cereals with beer, specifically All Bran/Thwaites. We could easily eat 50 million bowls of these, how much do you reckon we should eat?"

Some covert conversations over the phone will have definitely gone on.

"Shall we put de ligt's on in the office for you on your first day?"
"Off to see the soleil boys later on with the missus, we love that Cirque, see, do you?"
"We like to mix our cereals with beer, specifically All Bran/Thwaites. We could easily eat 50 million bowls of these, how much do you reckon we should eat?"

We're thinking of visiting Paris in the summer Ugarte any opinion on that?

Fergie ruined a lot of childhoods and they're bitter about it.

We're thinking of visiting Paris in the summer Ugarte any opinion on that?
There's about 25m reasons I can think of visiting Paris, but no more than that.

Just glad we're not after Khvicha Kvaratskhelia as getting that into a small talk situation would be hard.

It seems a bit suspicious that everything fell in place, right at the end of the month. Makes it seem like the negotiations were not about the money, but the start dates.

Now that he is in, we'll now go after the head of recruitment, which should be interesting.

Yeah, imagine how much worse we'd be if we'd signed Guimares, Pope and Gordon instead of Casemiro, Onana and Antony

Another bit of news that wasn't leaked ahead of time, interesting how the stories of INEOS seems to be a lot more breaking as its happening and not weeks/months before when everyone knew.

Which players did they sign whilst he was there that you consider poor signings?

Another bit of news that wasn't leaked ahead of time, interesting how the stories of INEOS seems to be a lot more breaking as its happening and not weeks/months before when everyone knew.
I think at board level they're better at keeping things quiet but at the football level is harder. The ten Hag saga was almost transparent

This is great news. And berrada starts middle of this month doesn’t he