5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
A great reader of the game, immensely intelligent. Our best ball-handling defender :lol:. Another success from truly mental LVG.

He's pretty much the perfect type of player to have in your squad.

He's never going to dazzle you, but he passes superbly and reads the game very well. He's great to have as an option when we're up against teams like West Brom who sit back and concede space, allowing us to work the ball around. It's practically cheating to be that good of a passer from the CB position.

Said it before and I'll say it again, our best passer, he has a pass like that in him every game.

Last edited:
He's an unreal passer, but his best passes are those amazing high balls that he lobs into the box from ... yeah just about anywhere from the pitch. He can pick out a pass but is not always quick enough.

Said it before and I'll say it again, our best passer, he has a pass like that in him every game.
His raking diagonals are phenomenal. The one for RvP's wonder header just instantly comes to my mind.

The guy is a top signing and an asset to any team. His passing is even better than Schweini's. And he also proved that you don't need usain bolt's Pace and build to be a PL defender. He even overran anya (I think) for the ball once today.

Good performance, was one of our best IMO. Superb passer of a football.

That ball to Lingard, hit first time, was just a beaut. I think I would have just run around the house sliding on my knees untiil the final whistle if Lingard had dinked that in.

He's fecking mint at that diagonal ball from deep left. The positions he can play, his passing and his tactical nous, pound for pound he was a great signing. Never seems to get injured either. He's tough and gritty, but a classy footballer. Seems to love the club as well. Him, Basti and Ander seem like mad United fans.

Just thinking of all that outrage at Blind at CB makes me laugh now. Who knew he would turn out to be pretty damn good there.

Yes I know he was a LB today, but still.

His distribution even last season when he moved to left back was phenomenal. He is required to do a lot more when played in midfield but from defense, he has the view of the entire field and he makes it count. Such a good footballer despite his athletic limitations.

It's funny as before the season started quite a few people thought he'd struggle to get a game. His average rating on here should be higher than it is I think, he's not even in the top 10 highest rated for us this season, some people just want to see him fail it seems.

It's funny as before the season started quite a few people thought he'd struggle to get a game. His average rating on here should be higher than it is I think, he's not even in the top 10 highest rated for us this season, some people just want to see him fail it seems.

I think we, as a collective, are perhaps guilty of taking Blind's performances for granted. Here we have a player who plays all over the park, gets stuck in, creates chances from just about anywhere, seldom makes a mistake and is one of, if not the most, reliable player in possession of the ball. He does good things all game, every game, and we more or less just accept him for what he is.

He's a truly excellent footballer. The point about his athletic limitations is a fair one, however.

I think it's been said before, but he'd be one hell of a footballer if he had the physicality and pace to match his brain and ability.

People decided he can't play CB and won't change their mind. It was ridiculous before every game about how we were going to be destroyed because Blind was in CB. Some big strong forward was going to power bomb him and score a hattrick every game but when it inevitably didn't happen he still didn't get any recognition. It was on to the next game and how that big strong forward was going to turn him into a personalized Daley Blind backpack. We've the best defence in the league and he has been a big part of it and has been great all season. Some people just won't give him the credit though and will just believe that Smalling has been playing in 1 man backline.

2EAEBE6D00000578-0-image-m-56_1448191523958.jpg

He's spending too much time with Memphis.

Man Utd 0:0 PSV
Why hasn't he been taking all our corners?!

He's the most positive passer in our team right now. Wouldn't mind seeing him in midfield for a few games.

His composure on the ball when pressed is class. He just takes one step and sends his opponent the other way, then finds the right pass.

His corners have been excellent too. Especially that inswinger which Schneiderlin almost prodded in. Why doesn't he always take them?

He's the most positive passer in our team right now. Wouldn't mind seeing him in midfield for a few games.
its because hes got time on the ball, wtch him go to the midfield nd being found out...

but I have to say hes the best corner takee weve had for a while not quite consistent but at lest he hits it with pace and good whip

its because hes got time on the ball, wtch him go to the midfield nd being found out...

He was generally decent enough in midfield last season. A solid, consistent and reliable passer. I don't think he was ever particularly inventive or forward thinking: he was fairly conservative in his passing, but he was still always a decent option to have there nevertheless.

How would you know? It'd be his first time playing with proper midfielders instead of the 4141 with ADM/Herrera, Fellaini, Young en Mata in front of him. You wrote a player off on basis of his first season, in a new league in a struggling team with a new manager. :lol:
:wenger:

How would you know? It'd be his first time playing with proper midfielders instead of the 4141 with ADM/Herrera, Fellaini, Young en Mata in front of him. You wrote a player off on basis of his first season, in a new league in a struggling team with a new manager. :lol:
:wenger:
great use of smiles, slow clap. hes only a makeshift midfielder that everybody sees, he wouldnt do much worse than basti today though, and im not writing him off I just think we have better players to play in midfield and blind has been decent form aas cb let him play this its our advantage to have cb like this

He was generally decent enough in midfield last season. A solid, consistent and reliable passer. I don't think he was ever particularly inventive or forward thinking: he was fairly conservative in his passing, but he was still always a decent option to have there nevertheless.
he was consertvative and often questionable defensively, outmuscled and outrun alot, beingrelible passer is not enough

Looks like he's the only player on the pitch with the vision to create something, again.

His long balls and crosses were superb tonight. Why was it the case that a central defender was perhaps our most impressive attacking threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.