Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Isco btw?

Ancelotti's gone to a 4321, in response to the number of goals they were conceding. He says Di Maria has adapted better to the 3 of the formation than Isco has. The 2 in the formation has been Ronaldo/Bale or Ronaldo/Jese. I guess Isco might get more of a chance somewhere in there while Ronaldo's suspended.

Also happens to be januzaj's, neymars and tevez's birthday. Seems like if you're born on February 5th you're destined for success :lol:

would his current ban transfer over to the premier league?

Pique on Ronaldo.

Gerard Pique glad to see Cristiano Ronaldo win FIFA Ballon d'Or

"He's got a reputation for being a tough guy, being above it all, so it was good that he had that reaction. He really wanted it, he'd suffered for it and he got it. I like that.

"I've haven't talked to him recently. I've changed my number a few times, just as he will have I guess, but if I've always got something good to say about him it's because I like him.

"People base their opinion on gestures or comments without really knowing anything. I should say that from what I've seen recently he's changed a bit, but personally I like the guy - he helped me a lot when I arrived at Manchester United."

When Ronaldo and Guardiola had that little fling on the pitch Pique was the first, and I think only one, to defend ronaldo from the barca players so nothing gets out of hand. I dont know if they are friends though.

Villareal is a tough one, but they are at home, so they should be able to get the points. The other two games, Elche and Getafe, without being too heartless, if they can't beat them, they deserve nothing.

Funnily, they deserved nothing when they faced Elche earlier in the season but beat them anyway :smirk:

Funnily, they deserved nothing when they faced Elche earlier in the season but beat them anyway :smirk:

I've been to a few Elche games, so I actually have a soft spot for them - Marca awarded the ref 0 out of 10 for his performance that night. Even so, the point remains, Madrid can't use Ronaldo as an excuse if they fail to beat them.

Incidentally the disciplinary panel have confirmed what I suspected. Ronaldo got a 1 game ban for the foul and a 2 game ban for dissent towards the fourth official.

The dissent took place 25 metres from the fourth official and while his back was turned, but that didn't save him.

There's a first time for everything, even something as implausible as having a moment of finding Ronaldo to be a likeable guy. Was reading an article about Vidic leaving where this pic was part of it:
article-2553471-0155ACA200000578-656_634x416.jpg

The rest needs to lighten up, ffs. There's a camera; smile.

That picture sums up our decline. Only Carrick of that world class side is definitely going to be here next season.

There's a first time for everything, even something as implausible as having a moment of finding Ronaldo to be a likeable guy. Was reading an article about Vidic leaving where this pic was part of it:

The last great team Fergie built,

It all seems like yesterday but far away

That picture sums up our decline. Only Carrick of that world class side is definitely going to be here next season.
And in each position we don't have someone better or even equal, apart from RvP.

And in each position we don't have someone better or even equal, apart from RvP.

I'd say de Gea is getting close to having van Der Sar's impact, even at this age. It's the 4 in front of him which is letting him down right now. VDS had a fantastic back four ahead of him, it made such a fantastic defensive team. But other than that it's looking quite bleak.

I'd say de Gea is getting close to having van Der Sar's impact, even at this age. It's the 4 in front of him which is letting him down right now. VDS had a fantastic back four ahead of him, it made such a fantastic defensive team. But other than that it's looking quite bleak.
I think DDG is excellent but I'm not sure I'd call him van Der Sar's equal just yet, but I agree those in front haven't made his job any easier, that's the midfield as well as the defence who just allow the opposition to run through them and get shots off at will atm.

He was not suspended for showing Cristiano the red card. He was suspended for reportedly making multiple clerical errors in the post-match report, as well as altering the report in question.

Relax, you have no idea what mess you are delving into.

Had the guy waved the play on without messing with Ronaldo, he would've been in the list, regardless of tinkering the match report and CRIMINIAL clerical errors, he made. Barcelona are wobbling, if FC Franco drop points in Ronaldo's absence, it would be inconsolable and there is only one person that should take the blame- the spastic ref. I wouldn't be shocked if Real Madrid gets some soft penos, in the next three matches, as a compensation.

He was not suspended for showing Cristiano the red card. He was suspended for reportedly making multiple clerical errors in the post-match report, as well as altering the report in question.

That's fair enough, but not getting to ref any more Madrid games?

That's fair enough, but not getting to ref any more Madrid games?

It's not an unusual ruling in Spain, in fact we see it done in the PL as well though it's rarely admitted in public. I'm not sure that this has been officially released by the referee panel either - we've heard stories like this before only to see the ref reappear later.

For this ref, a night at the Bernabeu would be hell. Whether he'd let the crowd influence him in Madrid's favour to avoid angering them more, or he'd overcompensate in the opposite direction - most refs are affected by the fans whether they admit it or not. It's a precaution, unnecessary or not.

If the disciplinary board really wanted to appease Madrid, they'd have given Ronaldo a one match ban and dropped the dissent charge.

Last edited:

Even the refs are cheats in Spain

Some team that. Should have won a second treble, fecking Portsmouth.

That team!

Had the guy waved the play on without messing with Ronaldo, he would've been in the list, regardless of tinkering the match report and CRIMINIAL clerical errors, he made. Barcelona are wobbling, if FC Franco drop points in Ronaldo's absence, it would be inconsolable and there is only one person that should take the blame- the spastic ref. I wouldn't be shocked if Real Madrid gets some soft penos, in the next three matches, as a compensation.
I don't understand... is this a serious post?

Since the beginning of the 12/13 season, Ronaldo has scored 2 more goals than the entire FC Barcelona side (yes, including Messi) in away CL games.
11 goals in the CL this season, 1 ahead of Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He was top scorer last season with 13. He needs 3 more this season to equal Messi's all-time record of 14 in a season.

Unbelievable desire shown for his second goal - he is truly an absolute monster. His appetite to perform is insatiable. Scored two beauties tonight, and had some brilliant interplay for Benzema's 2nd goal.

It's worrying that he took 8 shots to finally score a goal, in the ~15 minute period before that he was just waiting outside of the box, begging for a chance to score. He could've had 5 or 6 too, but after his goal it was very clear he was becoming more team-oriented. That sort of crap won't work out against elite teams, Schalke are a joke. 15 shots against Bayern, 11 shots against Dortmund, and 10 shots already against Schalke...

I am so bored of this " he takes so many shots" argument. He takes more shots in one game on his own than we do as a team collectively. I'd much rather have a player in the team who would take a crack whenever he could rather than the boring build up we try to get ourselves into a better position.

You would see way too many shots from halfway line because that's the closest we can get to opposition's goal.

I am so bored of this " he takes so many shots" argument. He takes more shots in one game on his own than we do as a team collectively. I'd much rather have a player in the team who would take a crack whenever he could rather than the boring build up we try to get ourselves into a better position.

Shows his character. He keeps missing, but he keeps taking more shots. A lot of other players would just stop shooting.

That picture is depressing to see. What a great team that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.