SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Put him on a bus
He's not coming to us
Viva los muppets

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Jose "not keen" on signing the greatest player in the world. Doesn't fancy a goal-a-game striker.
Well, you can see potential reservations. Price and stuff.

MDFC Manager

Who cares if we're being played? If we want him, bid for him. If it's all a ploy for a better contract, what have we lost? We'd look like absolute mugs if we didn't put a bid in because we thought we were being used and he ends up going to a rival. :lol:
It jeopardizes our other deals

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Honestly, I have no clue about what these guys earn, I just know it's way too much.
If I remember right Pogba is on approx £270k per week before tax, so around half of that net.

Bale is on £350k per week NET!

AndyJ1985

I'm worried we'll waste time chasing this sulking fanny and it'll leave us empty handed when Morata gets fed up and fecks off to another club.

tomaldinho1

I'm sure Jose rang Pilib up to explain his lack of interest in the best player in the world, yeah.
lol - say it as a fact and most ppl just assume it's true.

Jose's speed dial is apparently Balague, Pilib and Castles...

Gonçalo Motta

People here claiming that we would cost around 30Mil :lol::lol::lol: That would be the bargain of the century.

Would have him in a heartbeat. Merchandising alone we would get a good portion of the money back (If I remember correctly RM pretty much got their money back in his first season), plus the fear factor in all english teams, experience and no more 10 wasted chances per game. His signing alone would secure us between 30 and 40 goals per season assuming he declines. That alone is ridiculous taking in consideration that pretty much even top strikers struggle to bag 30 goals per season and a "declining" Ronaldo does that for fun.

Sign him in.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He'd probably cost twice what we sold him for in today's market.

Having said that, I'm fully on board the hype train. Choo-Choo!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He'd probably cost twice what we sold him for in today's market.

Having said that, I'm fully on board the hype train. Choo-Choo!
Real want 90m for Morota, so I'd say they would probably want about 300m for Ronaldo. They will price him out the market and he will be there next season for sure.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Real want 90m for Morota, so I'd say they would probably want about 300m for Ronaldo. They will price him out the market and he will be there next season for sure.
His release clause is €1bn, a fecking BILLION!!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
His release clause is €1bn, a fecking BILLION!!
Lets break it and make sure he remains the most expensive transfer of all time. Like there is no chance of anyone breaking it even 200 years down the road.:D

Gonçalo Motta

The meltdown of the century it would be if this is all RM's fault, they don't take the blame and dont support him and he ends up signing for Barcelona.

The madness of him and Messi together :drool:

I really want to see him back with us, but both of them playing in the same team :drool::drool::drool:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would have him in a heartbeat. Merchandising alone we would get a good portion of the money back (If I remember correctly RM pretty much got their money back in his first season), plus the fear factor in all english teams, experience and no more 10 wasted chances per game. His signing alone would secure us between 30 and 40 goals per season assuming he declines. That alone is ridiculous taking in consideration that pretty much even top strikers struggle to bag 30 goals per season and a "declining" Ronaldo does that for fun.
Shirt sales and Nike are going to pay for Ronaldo's Return :drool:

TheBiggest

I know Pilib de Brun.

I still can't get my head around why anyone thinks he has any inside information whatsoever. A shameless bullshitter.

He once told me, I'm not joking, that he knows Jose Mendes son-in-law and that's how he gets his information. I knew he was bullshitting me. I bumped into Mendes' son-in-law at a dinner one evening and asked him about De Brun... He hadn't a feckin' clue who he was.

De Brun is mortifying himself everytime he tweets some sort of ITK nonsense...and all journalists I know feel quite embarrassed for him He is a joke in the journalism world.

EDIT: Also, Mendes' son-in-law wouldn;t give anyone - let alone a ridiculed journalist based from west coast US, ANY inside info on his father-in-law's work. You wouldn't get a peep out of him.

Summit

I know Pilib de Brun.

I still can't get my head around why anyone thinks he has any inside information whatsoever. A shameless bullshitter.

He once told me, I'm not joking, that he knows Jose Mendes brother-in-law and that's how he gets his information. I knew he was bullshitting me. I bumped into Mendes' son-in-law at a dinner one evening and asked him about De Brun... He hadn't a feckin' clue who he was.

De Brun is mortifying himself everytime he tweets some sort of ITK nonsense...and all journalists I know feel quite embarrassed for him He is a joke in the journalism world.
Well said.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What is the bollocks about players being able to afford their buyout clause by law then?
Sounds like just that, bollocks. Griezmann I'm sure is financially comfortable but no way he has €100m lying around either.

clarkydaz

" I also miss Manchester, it stays in my memories"

Bold thing to say as Madrid's star man regardless if he came back

Acole9

Outstanding
If this was true (which it isn't) I'd love for him to come back here, sod Morata.

TheBiggest

What about this guy is he reliable?

Well, it's funny for a start that ANY journalist has any more information than the basic story that's been put out there. Any hack claiming they know anything extra needs to be laughed at.

Attention-seeking sados.

I mean, how do they think people can buy this shit? Do they honestly think he has a hotline to Ronaldo? Or a hotline to this story? And knows more than anyone? Yet, he couldn't break the original story before anyone? Or couldn't break any story about Ronaldo before anyone?

These hacks are mortifying.

Summit

Sounds like just that, bollocks. Griezmann I'm sure is financially comfortable but no way he has €100m lying around either.
It might interest some but by law the buy out clause has to be affordable for the player.
I don't know exactly but there is a precedent with a player of Real Sociedad who had a 30m clause but a judge decided that it was abusive and reduced it to 5m. If I'm not mistaken it has to be in the range of the player's wage during the length of the contract. So while you can see crazy clauses, they are often not solid in front of a judge.
No, it's about buying your contract for a fee that is set when the contract is negotiated, players can also buy the rest of their contract when they are in its last year according to FIFA rules. To be clear, it's not a football rule, basically the clauses are supposed to ensure that every workers are free to work for whoever they want without constraint like every other worker but because sportsmen are valuable assets for their employers, if they decide to break their contract without causes imputable to the employer they have to pay a fee, that fee is the buyout clause in Sport.

Gonçalo Motta

My problem with this story is that alot of people are claiming sh*t without any hard evidence.

Its like me reporting that his sister just told me that Ronaldo just signed a pre-agreement with Man Utd and everyone goes along with that story and start to report it aswell.

TheBiggest

My problem with this story is that alot of people are claiming sh*t without any hard evidence.

Its like me reporting that his sister just told me that Ronaldo just signed a pre-agreement with Man Utd and everyone goes along with that story and start to report it aswell.

No it's not - at least 6 respected journalists around Europe were briefed on this story this morning.

Something's going on.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know Pilib de Brun.

He once told me, I'm not joking, that he knows Jose Mendes son-in-law and that's how he gets his information. I knew he was bullshitting me. I bumped into Mendes' son-in-law at a dinner one evening and asked him about De Brun... He hadn't a feckin' clue who he was.

EDIT: Also, Mendes' son-in-law wouldn;t give anyone - let alone a ridiculed journalist based from west coast US, ANY inside info on his father-in-law's work. You wouldn't get a peep out of him.
Are you a journalist yourself? How are you meeting these folks?

Status
Not open for further replies.