Cristiano Ronaldo - performances 2017/18

When Messi hands out the penalties, it’s because he’s such a great guy who doesn’t care about personal glory.

When Ronaldo does it, there’s some kind of ulterior motive. :rolleyes:

There is no one who is more professional than Ronaldo. If it was Bale who needed a goal, he would have got the penalty. I can see no better way to play for the team, than to give away a hattrick in this way. When everybody is complaing about Benzema, Ronaldo has been trying his best to boost him. You could see at the first goal how Ronaldo made sure everybody understood the goal came from Benzemas pass. Of course all this could be nice gestures to a friend, but I am sure it is also part of Ronaldo profesionalism.

Benzema was great yesterday btw.

Another pen
stereo.gif

You know the KO stages of the CL are coming when Naldo has his scoring boots on.

So Ronaldo has been in great form since turn of the year...again.. scoring another 2 fine goals

He now scored 30 goals in 32 appearances this season.

The other day I was surprised to see both him and Messi so close to each other on the scoring charts. I was thinking he barely scored but here we are

You would have thought after last season folks would have learned not to write him off. Yet they did and he turned it around again. :lol:

Eventually he will slow down.

We might as well write off the first half of next season and wait to see if he plays like this again. He's probably gonna.

He has the greatest competitive drive out of any sportsman I've ever seen. Eclipses even MJ imo.

It's remarkable.

Now that i think about it he's the most inhuman player I've ever seen. Tricks and talent? I have seen loads in my time. But this unbreakable drive to keep himself at the top? It's really puzzling because the man have won everything. He has had everything. He could pick any woman he wants and he also looks good. He could buy an island with pocket money ffs.

Not only that he has that true star charisma. Ever since he was 16 i could see him running down the field with the ball in a remarkably explosive fashion. I knew there was something special there. Euro's 2004 and the flashy early days at United confirmed it. Looks like he always knew he would be destined for great things because he is a player of big moments and got even more clinical with age. He's the best goal scorer i have ever seen. The most complete. The perfect area machine. Fantastic right foot, strong left, mighty jump and always knows where the ball will drop.

Sure his personality was always doomed to make him unlikable. I admit i cringe too but this guy is a legend.

I know I'm acting like that old weepy ex who just can't let go but damm

He truely was breathtaking and I remember getting excited to watch us play solely just to see Ronaldo, he was that good, the dynamite factor, how I miss having someone like that play for us :(

He truely was breathtaking and I remember getting excited to watch us play solely just to see Ronaldo, he was that good, the dynamite factor, how I miss having someone like that play for us :(

Aye he was dynamite for us, that era was one of the most exciting for me. I still prefer that Ronaldo than the goal machine he has now become.

Another brace and he was incorrectly denied a third goal which would have given him his 50th career hat- trick.

Indeed @Jando i wouldn't miss an United game because of him. Not very effective and even frustrating at times but damn, it was entertaining as feck. I was watching this video last night and reminded me how this guy already had the kind of confidence in him like he knew he would reach the top.

He was a diamond waiting to be polished but even then made some of the greatest United players (Keane, Rio, Scholes, Fletcher, etc) look like championship level by himself. Sporting had a very average team back then with a few exceptions but Ronaldo made them a very threatening side, beating Utd 3-0 in the last pre-season friendly. That's the kind of difference a 17-18y old Ronaldo did. Of course Fergie lost his head because of him.

Truly the greatest goal scorer ever bar none. I cant believe people were beginning to write him off his longevity will last far into his thirty's I would say 36 years old is when he might fall into the 20 goal a season range ( which would still be remarkable) Without wanting to start a debate I still put him above Messi IMO especially in the clutch moments.

Let's just be proud that one of the top 5 (if not top 2) greatest players to ever play the game, played for Manchester United.

I would say 36 years old is when he might fall into the 20 goal a season range ( which would still be remarkable)
I can easily see him score 30 goals a season when he's 36 unless the Real's overall attacking play takes a big hit. He's a complete goalscorer with shooting technique to go with it. He's taking his chances now unlike the first part of the season.

Funny thing is, Ferguson never mentioned him as being one of the fastest players that played for him - it was Kanchelskis and Giggs, and Rio and Pallister if you only considered top speed.

Ronaldo had an amazing ability to run at full speed for 90 minutes and never slow down, and he was so confident that he could beat anyone for pace that he just tried, and it worked almost every time.

Taking all allegiances and notions aside, his performances with us form 2006-2008 were more exciting than his entire Madrid career combined. That version of Ronaldo is the one I think of when I try to compare him with the GOAT. He brought So much fecking joy and every game was unmissable. That goal against Fulham is still his greatest IMO.

You're not wrong. He just isn't that kind of player any more. He went from an exciting, entertaining player to a ruthless robot.

The first touch at 1:20 in your video :drool:

You're not wrong. He just isn't that kind of player any more. He went from an exciting, entertaining player to a ruthless robot.

The first touch at 1:20 in your video :drool:

He's certainly not a robot. Still pretty entertaining to watch even today. The insane sprints of his teenage years were obviously unsustainable as he got into his late 20/early 30s, so he's adapted well.

Aye he was dynamite for us, that era was one of the most exciting for me. I still prefer that Ronaldo than the goal machine he has now become.

Yeah same, he was basically Neymar for United and still won a Ballon d'Or whilst this type of player.

How he adapted his game though and the Ronaldo we see now and the Ronaldo that as won all the other Ballon d'Or's in his 30's shows just how great he is to adapt his game like he has and still be the best, something other previous legends like Ronaldihno failed to do when part of their game declined.

His critics use that against him though for some reason.

Same here, he was an absolute menace at his best here. He developed into the greatest goalscorer after, but the version which was with us was far more entertaining, while also extremely productive.

Just look at this performance. The music should be turned off, mind you.

Same here, he was an absolute menace at his best here. He developed into the greatest goalscorer after, but the version which was with us was far more entertaining, while also extremely productive.

Just look at this performance. The music should be turned off, mind you.

He is the reason I began to follow United and hold a special place for them in my heart. I hope they win every game besides if they ever play Sporting aha.