Cristiano Ronaldo - performances 2017/18

I'm not sure if you've ever played football but the best player on the team was usually the one deciding games.

Last time I checked, the thing that decides games is the goal past that line and into the net.
In fact Gerd Muller is universally considered a better player than Maradona.

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact Gerd Muller is universally considered a better player than Maradona.

Cool. Gerd Muller was never as complete of an all around attacker that Ronaldo is.

Ronaldo can punish you in every single way. Let's not forget he has the highest all time assists in the CL and highest all time goals in the CL.

I'm not sure if you've ever played football but the best player on the team was usually the one deciding games.

Last time I checked, the thing that decides games is the goal past that line and into the net.

Lol, that's such a plain argument i'm not even interested about responding it.

If you really played football you'd know that's utterly stupid. Zidane couldn't even lace Martin Palermo's boots.

Ronaldo has played all but two seasons of his career on the wing, but lets just ignore that and put him in the category of sole finishers such as shearer and Gerd muller.
And Alan Shearer is considered much, much better than George Best.

Ronaldo has played all but two seasons of his career on the wing, but lets just ignore that and put him in the category of sole finishers such as shearer and Gerd muller.

Ronaldo's been a sole finisher for a long time now, that "all but two seasons" is not something true.

Cool. Gerd Muller was never as complete of an all around attacker that Ronaldo is.

Ronaldo can punish you in every single way. Let's not forget he has the highest all time assists in the CL and highest all time goals in the CL.
Never said otherwise, but claiming that the best player on the pitch is the one who scores goals is laughable.

Otherwise Gerd Muller would be considered better than Maradona and Inzaghi better than Zidane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you guys prefer United to win the CL this season or CR7 do the 3 in a row?
United obviously.

If we don't, I'd like to see Madrid win, certainly preferable to any of the other realistic contenders (Barca, PSG, Bayern, other English clubs)

United obviously.

If we don't, I'd like to see Madrid win, certainly preferable to any of the other realistic contenders (Barca, PSG, Bayern, other English clubs)

This echoes my sentiment 100%.

United obviously.

Don't know about that mate, Madrid are just as bad as those clubs, I have them down the same if not worse than Barca.

Madrid are one of the most vile clubs in recent times, not sure how how they are any better than the other teams listed.

Would you guys prefer United to win the CL this season or CR7 do the 3 in a row?
Obviously United, but if we were put out I’d support Real, then Juve/Bayern, then Spurs, then Chelsea, then Barca and don’t even want to think about if those other two clubs won it.

Don't know about that mate, Madrid are just as bad as those clubs, I have them down the same if not worse than Barca.
Let me try to explain:

Any other English club winning it is obviously disastrous,

PSG, well the name Plastic Super-funded Germain says it all,

Barca, they were behind us when I started following football, then level, then behind us again until a decade ago, suddenly shot ahead of us, but I still hope to see us catch up or go ahead, and more importantly their holier than thou attitude,

Bayern, they are the most preferable out of this lot, but still standing where I HOPE/THINK we can one day catch up.

As for Real, I don't think we'd catch up in my lifetime (I'm in my 30s), so it doesn't really matter if they're 9 ahead or 10 ahead.

Let me try to explain:

Barca, they were behind us when I started following football, then level, then behind us again until a decade ago, suddenly shot ahead of us, but I still hope to see us catch up or go ahead, and more importantly their holier than thou attitude,

Bayern, they are the most preferable out of this lot, but still standing where I HOPE/THINK we can one day catch up.

As for Real, I don't think we'd catch up in my lifetime (I'm in my 30s), so it doesn't really matter if they're 9 ahead or 10 ahead.

Spot on, again.

United aren’t catching Real in our childrens lifetime either.

Let me try to explain:

Don't think catching other teams should matter, we haven't had a good relationship with Madrid and as a united fan I could never cheer for them. People have a go at PSG being propped up by Qatar but Madrid have been propped up by the Spanish government well before they came onto the scene.

Don't think catching other teams should matter, we haven't had a good relationship with Madrid and as a united fan I could never cheer for them. People have a go at PSG being propped up by Qatar but Madrid have been propped up by the Spanish government well before they came onto the scene.
Frankly, the very top clubs don't really have a good relationship with each other anyway, it's just like any other business, we're competitors with all of them. Do we have a particularly good relationship with Barca or Bayern?

As for PSG, I just hope they don't win the CL before 2022 despite spending billions. :smirk:

Catching other teams matter very much, I'd take a Real Madrid CL win over any of the teams on 5.

Frankly, the very top clubs don't really have a good relationship with each other anyway, it's just like any other business, we're competitors with all of them. Do we have a particularly good relationship with Barca or Bayern?

As for PSG, I just hope they don't win the CL before 2022 despite spending billions. :smirk:

Catching other teams matter very much, I'd take a Real Madrid CL win over any of the teams on 5.
Only because CR plays for them mate!

Would say we have a nuetral relationship with those clubs apart for Bayern but only recently since the Bastian transfer.

For me his performance was nothing special, I thought Marcelo stole the show against PSG but he didn't score the goals so I guess he's not as good

Do you prefer any of those I named to win it? :confused:
Of course. Bayern or Juve would be better.

Why does it matter? Do you think United, or anyone else for that matter, are going to catch up with Real?
How does it not matter who has how many CL wins? You never know what can happen in the future. If Bayern have a decade of dominance like Madrid/Barca have had they can close the gap from 7 to 3 /4 quickly. So we always have to try to get further up that chart.

Do you want us to be 9 behind or 25 behind the leaders?

How does it not matter who has how many CL wins? You never know what can happen in the future. If Bayern have a decade of dominance like Madrid/Barca have had they can close the gap from 7 to 3 /4 quickly. So we always have to try to get further up that chart.

In the whole history of the European Cup United have won it three times. Logic dictates that they are not catching up with Real in our lifetime.

Do you want us to be 3rd in the all time list or 7th? Which one is more realistic?

For me his performance was nothing special, I thought Marcelo stole the show against PSG but he didn't score the goals so I guess he's not as good
He could score 5 against the best team around and you'd still claim it was only tap-ins. :rolleyes:

In the whole history of the European Cup United have won it three times. Logic dictates that they are not catching up with Real in our lifetime.
Let's do it in the next then and keep the gap as small as possible till then.

No offense, but I have zero interest in what happens after my time.
Completely agree, hence I'm much more invested in United moving up to 3rd (which is a much more realistic target).

You also don't seem to care where we stand in relation to Madrid in European football.

I'm just realistic - no need to be obsessed with Real. United have to get back to being the best team in their own league before even thinking about european domination.

26870104_189395994982292_4688743774736613376_n.jpg

A class gesture there from Ronnie to wish Lionel Messi a happy birthday.

Last edited: