Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

I hope he joins Newcastle at this point, that would mean we'll have one less team to worry about in the Top 4 running for sure, the circus he brings would get their manager sacked in due course over the season,

Please Newcastle think about your Instagram followers don't you want it grown?

Nothing about Newcastle’s recruitment so far has suggested they’d buy Ronaldo. They’ve been far too smart to make a mistake like that.

Sad seeing him like this. What a bad end for his career.

I think his personal circumstances have a lot to
do with what's happened this last year. There's something clearly not right there since.

Having been through similar, personally I think people who seem to be revelling in his downward spiral are quite a sad bunch.

i love a happy ending

this whole ordeal worked out perfectly

The state of some of you wanting a United legend to play for a top 4 rival :wenger:

Is he though? He was fantastic for us 15 year ago before he slated the club and fecked off abroad. Then he comes back when years past his best, stinks up the place before once again slating the club and fecking off under a cloud for a second time.

He will play in the next World Cup.:D

I thought Euros was his goal but it does look very difficult in all honesty.

I think he'll be happy to stay in Al Nasr till the Euros. The rumors to me don't seem substantial. Why would he cut his payday short for an ambassadorial role at Madrid? That will always wait for him there.

The only way he goes to Newcastle is if he is thrust upon Howe completely against his will. They work in intensive bursts and close down super quickly. Their two most in form players are Isak and Wilson! There is just no way.

He will probably come back and make Sporting worse too.

Don't write off a season in Italy, at a mid-table team, (taking massive wage cut of course..) and he scores 20+ goals.

If he doesn't retire I can only see MLS as a next move. I believe he's not coming back to europe as a player. Can't see him really going to Japan/China or South America.

Don't write off a season in Italy, at a mid-table team, (taking massive wage cut of course..) and he scores 20+ goals.
The likes of Torino and Udinese would really need to practice their diving over the summer to con their way to at least 20 pens in a season.

If he doesn't retire I can only see MLS as a next move. I believe he's not coming back to europe as a player. Can't see him really going to Japan/China or South America.

He won't go there as he is persona non grata due to rape allegations.

Yeah and it's his own making.
Imagine he could have been a super sub for us if he wasn't so petulant. With his ability i bet he would have started plenty of games for us when Martial was injured.
He is simply done… he wouldn’t be a super sub with the current ability. He is not immortal and it is time to call it a day.

If he is leaving Al Nassar I think Newcastle are a highly likely destination for him now they have realistically confirned Champions League football for next season, I think Newcastle would be foolish to not at least consider signing him up.
This is just about the worst idea ever. Would knock bringing him back off its perch.

Newcastle are not stupid enough to sign Ronaldo - he's finished at this level. There's a reason Real Madrid have offered him a non-playing role...
And even then, I wouldn't put it past PRonaldo to make a ceremonial ambassador role turn into everything at Real being about him.

Nothing about Newcastle’s recruitment so far has suggested they’d buy Ronaldo. They’ve been far too smart to make a mistake like that.
Exactly, they haven't bought a single big-name player yet, they're certainly not gonna buy the corpse of CR7.

Seems mental that he was playing for us just a few months ago. Feels like a lifetime ago.

If he is leaving Al Nassar I think Newcastle are a highly likely destination for him now they have realistically confirned Champions League football for next season, I think Newcastle would be foolish to not at least consider signing him up.
They would be utterly idiotic to consider signing him, will put them back 2 years.

Year 1 - they tumble down the table, but Ronaldo is the leading scorer of 4 goals (1 hattrick) in 15 games as all chances go to him, Howe attempts to sub him in his 12th atrocious game in a row, he throws a tantrum and gets Howe sacked.

Year 2 - they wise up and get another manager who they decide to back, Ronaldo goes and does an interview with Graeme Souness, gets fired, and flies off somewhere. Meanwhile, Newcastle is once again in transition

I think his personal circumstances have a lot to
do with what's happened this last year. There's something clearly not right there since.

Having been through similar, personally I think people who seem to be revelling in his downward spiral are quite a sad bunch.

Sorry to hear that bro.

I don't necessarily think there's any correlation between personal tragedy and going on tv with Piers Morgan. That interview was the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of United fans. Publicly saying he didn't have respect for Ten Hag, with that smug presenter sat opposite him, was uncalled for. Since then, I can totally understand why people are revelling in his downward spiral.

Sorry to hear that bro.

I don't necessarily think there's any correlation between personal tragedy and going on tv with Piers Morgan. That interview was the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of United fans. Publicly saying he didn't have respect for Ten Hag, with that smug presenter sat opposite him, was uncalled for. Since then, I can totally understand why people are revelling in his downward spiral.

Aye that was all part of it. The way he went about his exit was all wrong.

He's made a lot of bad decisions in the last year, I said it when he took pre season off, there was something else up, he was never physically right coming into the season. There were signs last season that he was struggling to accept his decline and that he's just wasn't able to do what he used to do on the pitch anymore. ETH comes in with a different style, he wasn't able to adjust to it after missing pre season and was rightly dropped. He could have had more humility to play a bit part role, but that's never been his way.

It all adds up eventually, it's a real shame how he's going to end up finishing his career under this cloud.

The state of some of you wanting a United legend to play for a top 4 rival :wenger:

Mental how real United legends get bashed on here on the regular while people are still banging on about a bloke who couldn't give two fecks about the club.

I’d love to watch the dumpster fire, but I don’t see Newcastle going for it unfortunately. I’m not sure he’s a United legend either.

This is just about the worst idea ever. Would knock bringing him back off its perch.
It’s an absolutely brilliant idea, Mr. Champions League will definitely elevate Newcastle to new heights.

Failing that, he’d still at least quadruple their social media following.

Well not only he is already 38, he has also already made 1198 appearances in his career, the most out of all outfield players in football history. Sure his legs are long gone considering the number of games he has played and his age. He is not a super human afterall.

I don't know what more he wants, he will never win a WC or Ballon D'or ever again, there's nothing else he could added to his cabinet, and there's no records out there for him to break anymore. Besides, Saudi Arabia trophies are all worthless/irrelevant anyway, nobody cares if he wins anything or nothing there.

Maybe he should just try to play for fun, try to be less competitive but enjoy every moment on the field instead, not caring the result just like most retiring players in lesser league, and happily collect all his oil money at Saudi Arabia until end of his contract, and then call it a day. The moment he choose Saudi over our bench, he should know where he is heading to.

I understand some of the newbies taking @Vidyoyo's bait, but a lot of you should really know better. :lol:

Well not only he is already 38, he has also already made 1198 appearances in his career, the most out of all outfield players in football history. Sure his legs are long gone considering the number of games he has played and his age. He is not a super human afterall.

I don't know what more he wants, he will never win a WC or Ballon D'or ever again, there's nothing else he could added to his cabinet, and there's no records out there for him to break anymore. Besides, Saudi Arabia trophies are all worthless/irrelevant anyway, nobody cares if he wins anything or nothing there.

Maybe he should just try to play for fun, try to be less competitive but enjoy every moment on the field instead, not caring the result just like most retiring players in lesser league, and happily collect all his oil money at Saudi Arabia until end of his contract, and then call it a day. The moment he choose Saudi over our bench, he should know where he is heading to.

I don't think that's possible for him. I remember that story evra told about how ronaldo lost at ping pong at the club then went home and practiced constantly until he was better than rio or something. The thing that made him such a great player is likely the same thing that won't let him accept his decline

They’re not that stupid. Almost all of their signings have been sensible. No chance he goes there unless he’s signed over Howes head.

You’d have to be made of stone not to laugh :lol:

Agent - "Good news, RonDogg! You've had an offer put in by Real Madrid!"

Ronaldo - "Of course, Cristiano is ready to return to Champions League. Cristiano imagines that he will be playing every game, starter? Cristiano is willing to return for €300k per week."

Agent - "Erm, yeah about that RonTron. It's not really a 'playing' role that they've got in mind."

Ronaldo - "Cristiano doesn't understand."

Agent - "They need someone to give posh wankers tours of the stadium and serve them drinks."

Will he fire his new agent if he can't get the club of his choice?

Getting CL football is the perfect time to start the silliness in the transfer market.

I could see him being signed on the proviso he’s not going to actually play. Bridge the Saudi connection, play a few minnows in the CL, sell a few shirts.

Would be incredibly dumb to sign him though. He’s awful on and off the pitch.

Newcastle need players with Champions League expiriance for next season and they currently have very few of those so why not Ronaldo on a freebie, also the thousands of Newcastle shirts with Ronaldo 7 on and all the other Ronaldo merch that they would undoubtedly sell will help towards balancing the books and avoiding issues with FFP this summer.

Experience levels like Ronaldo's won't help when his abilities diminished the way they did.