Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

I remember the fanboys harping about how he was gonna be playing at top level in his 40s. Yeah sure

Whilst I agree to an extent, his drop off has been huge in a really short period of time. I think most thought he had more in the tank than he does.

I thought he’d have got a couple of years in the MLS let alone struggling after 6 months in the Saudi league!

Pity, we would be in a title-race if he stayed and bought into the ETH philosophy :'(

Nah this season he was done. If you put last season's Ronaldo into this team, and he was willing to manage his minutes, we'd probably still be a bit off city, but we'd be in a title race. This season's version though, no way, I think we ran him into the ground last year, but maybe age would have done this regardless

That's like saying we'd be in a title race if Weghorst had RVPs finishing. Maybe pre Madrid CR7 would press and and give it his all out there, definitely not 37 year old Ronaldo with nothing to prove.
He was being sarcastic

Hard to disagree

I feel United squeezed the last drips of his World Class talent out last season, his goal scoring return was still very good. But this season he wasn’t even close
Maybe Pogba has started a curse for disloyal players that join us, leave us, come back and leave again?

Ex: Pogba, ronaldo

Now 6 points behind in the league. His fanboys aren’t happy about it… Apparently it’s being rigged against him…

Now 6 points behind in the league. His fanboys aren’t happy about it… Apparently it’s being rigged against him…

Yeah the Saudi FA must really have an agenda against Ronaldo or something. Because they are jelly.

What exactly is wrong with these Cristiano fanboys? :lol: The entire football world has been surreptitiously rigging everything against Ronaldo since he started playing. Now, the Saudi FA is rigging things against their golden boy and main marketing tool, apparently.

What exactly is wrong with these Cristiano fanboys? :lol: The entire football world has been surreptitiously rigging everything against Ronaldo since he started playing. Now, the Saudi FA is rigging things against their golden boy and main marketing tool, apparently.

It's just mental people on twitter tbf.

According to El Desmarque, Al-Muammar, president of Al-Nassr, expressed his anger with Ronaldo's performance in an interview with ArabiaNews50: “I have only been scammed twice in my life. The first was when I ordered three kebabs and I receive two of them. The second time was signing Cristiano Ronaldo.”

:lol:

According to El Desmarque, Al-Muammar, president of Al-Nassr, expressed his anger with Ronaldo's performance in an interview with ArabiaNews50: “I have only been scammed twice in my life. The first was when I ordered three kebabs and I receive two of them. The second time was signing Cristiano Ronaldo.”

It’s a funny anecdote but in truth he scammed himself. Ronaldo’s 38.

I mean, they have a right to be disappointed, but comments like that would make him look like an idiot. Did he not watch him play for us this season? Or in the WC

This can't be fecking real :lol::lol: Unless he is the guy who was saying he can only do siuu and nothing else.

I mean, they have a right to be disappointed, but comments like that would make him look like an idiot. Did he not watch him play for us this season? Or in the WC
Or maybe he isn't one of those Ronaldo fanboys who think Saudi league is a tough league. Everyone thought that he would do well there.

What a sad sad end it’s all becoming.

What a sad final chapter. Burning his goodwill with a fanbase that saw him grow into a Balon D’Or winner, going completely against what he said in that interview and then making a team in a low level league worse by his presence.

We all make mistakes in life but that Piers Morgan interview was such a bad one. He should have known better than to cheapen himself so much.

Sad, but he chose it. Could have ended like a real legend, lifting the Carabao and perhaps having a goat like last game in the FA final preventing City's treble.
Thats true. He brought it all on himself. His doom was when he sacked his agent of 15+ years. If only he had just put aside his ego and belief that he's still as good as he used to be. He might have actually been a very good player regardless. Just play to help the team instead of himself.

You’d have to be made of stone not to laugh :lol:

Thread title change time?

There's something about this prick, that i'll still be very interested to see where he ends up this Summer, and how he does there. I'd like to see his final season be in Europe

That is a lot of money to walk away from too - who'd sign him for anywhere near that?!

If he is leaving Al Nassar I think Newcastle are a highly likely destination for him now they have realistically confirned Champions League football for next season, I think Newcastle would be foolish to not at least consider signing him up.

If he is leaving Al Nassar I think Newcastle are a highly likely destination for him now they have realistically confirned Champions League football for next season, I think Newcastle would be foolish to not at least consider signing him up.
Newcastle are a dynamic team whose success has been built upon working for each other, and they don't need an aged Ronaldo pouting and demanding to be given the ball, only to lose it 3 times out of 4. Also, I'm not even sure Ronaldo 's finishing is much better than Callum Wilson's these days: age has definitely impacted those fine-grain technical skills... They're more likely to sign Hojlund or that profile of player, and quite sensibly so.

Why? He's been finished for ages.

Zero chance.

Why? He's been finished for ages.

Newcastle need players with Champions League expiriance for next season and they currently have very few of those so why not Ronaldo on a freebie, also the thousands of Newcastle shirts with Ronaldo 7 on and all the other Ronaldo merch that they would undoubtedly sell will help towards balancing the books and avoiding issues with FFP this summer.